News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

Stevek

So if the vaccines aren’t effective (as some people claim), when does this end?
I wouldn't worry about what people claim, reputable sources all claim it's effective. It ends when a) enough people get vaccinated or b) enough unvaccinated people get sick/recover/die to the point where it no longer can have a significant effect on society. I'm guessing it's a 3-4 months before this mandate changes. Hopefully earlier.

Wendy Pleakley

I wouldn't worry about what people claim, reputable sources all claim it's effective. It ends when a) enough people get vaccinated or b) enough unvaccinated people get sick/recover/die to the point where it no longer can have a significant effect on society. I'm guessing it's a 3-4 months before this mandate changes. Hopefully earlier.

I posted this somewhere, earlier. More vaccinated = less COVID. It isn't rocket science. The numbers just aren't where they need to be yet. The return of mask mandates didn't have to happen. A solution has been available for months. It's crazy.

1627526703062.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I posted this somewhere, earlier. More vaccinated = less COVID. It isn't rocket science. The numbers just aren't where they need to be yet. The return of mask mandates didn't have to happen. A solution has been available for months. It's crazy.

View attachment 575390
Giving up your freedom of choice over a virus that has a 99% survival rate. THAT is crazy.

But I suppose the double standard of "my body, my choice" is only valid if you are killing people, not saving them. It's a virtue signaler's paradise. If this whole thing wasn't about proving conservatives wrong, it would have been over long ago like H1N1 outbreak.

Double the panic = double the testing = double the knowledge of infected, even if it hasn't changed in reality.

A month ago all the major news outlets were telling us that the vaccine was just as effective against the delta variant as it was the alpha. Now Google is hiding the results like Eric Swalwell was trying to hide his fart.

ImperfectPixie

Giving up your freedom of choice over a virus that has a 99% survival rate. THAT is crazy.

But I suppose the double standard of "my body, my choice" is only valid if you are killing people, not saving them. It's a virtue signaler's paradise. If this whole thing wasn't about proving conservatives wrong, it would have been over long ago like H1N1 outbreak.

Double the panic = double the testing = double the knowledge of infected, even if it hasn't changed in reality.

A month ago all the major news outlets were telling us that the vaccine was just as effective against the delta variant as it was the alpha. Now Google is hiding the results like Eric Swalwell was trying to hide his fart.
You're neglecting to take into account that 1 in 4 people who get infected with COVID suffer long-term effects. Death isn't the only bad outcome.

Oh...by the way...

Erectile Dysfunction can be one of those long term effects.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disneyland is in process of updating their site -

As with Disney World, beginning July 30, Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up must wear face coverings in all indoor locations at Disneyland regardless of vaccination status.

The Disneyland website has now been updated -

"The State of California strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the Disneyland Resort. Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors, including on many attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas."

Disney Analyst

You're neglecting to take into account that 1 in 4 people who get infected with COVID suffer long-term effects. Death isn't the only bad outcome.

Oh...by the way...

Erectile Dysfunction can be one of those long term effects.

Can’t reason with those who already seem to suffer from the brain trauma Covid also causes.

Tamandua

If covid was really as scary as they make it out to be, everyone would be hiding at home wearing n-95 masks and not loose cloth flaps with cartoon characters on them that say they don't protect against covid on the packaging. I guess we're going to be touching our faces constantly as we go from outdoor to indoor over and over all day. I remember when they said that was the worst thing you can do.

20210721_182350.jpg

I'm sure they'll use this as an excuse to shut down again and extend unemployment benefits and grant Will Thuston relief from the burden of contributing to society.

SoCalDisneyLover

Yeah, just like it was supposed to end after the 2020 election.
They have an answer for everything.

Since we are at the point where HUMAN LIFE has become political, I'm glad to say that I'm on the side of HUMAN LIFE rather than endless death.

The last 17 months have truly made me realize the depravity of a large part of the country. I always kind of knew that it existed, but 2020 & 2021 have 100% confirmed that there are some truly horrible people around, posing as human beings.

I won't feel any sense of victory watching many of them die over the coming weeks.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

So if the vaccines aren’t effective (as some people claim), when does this end?

Ask the airport TSA agent when you can go back to greet your loved ones at the gate like we used to see in those 90s romcoms and sitcoms.

This ain’t 2019, and as Dorthy would say we’re not in Kansas anymore. COVID is in this for the long game, but so are we. Or as Jeff Goldblum would say “Life finds a way.”

el_super

You know... Now that the anger has faded a bit, I think it's importamt to say that I appreciate that Disney has adopted the CDC masking guidelines and are rolling them out to the park so swiftly.

I know this is a burden on the park, and the cast members implementing it, and I still stand by them 100% for the work they continue to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom