el_super

That's where you're wrong friendo

Oh yeah... park looks real empty...

1628025079212.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FACE

PALM
Wait…I had to do the research…but they had a 25% capacity Limit in April…!
But actually started lower…

then they ramped it in July…but just because they opened reservations…doesn’t mean they were full capacity. There were no passes!! That’s a huge chunk of the clientele

Sorry, Supe…there certainly was limited attendance this summer

Stevek

The pass names are dumb. I miss when it was Silver, Deluxe, Platinum. Why is it a key? And let me talk about it again, its a 20 dollar fee to get a physical pass, which is just a piece of paper. It's cell phone only.

I'll take great pride in printing out a screenshot of the barcode from my phone and laminating it.
You should know by now that everything Disney does has to have these words in it. :D

CaptinEO

I'm going to wait this out. Soonest I'd want to visit would be Christmas anyways. Curious how the parks will be ran. Not paying 1.5 grand for a pass when I can't even use the tram or see fantasmic.

Disney should let me pay 2 grand to not worry about the reservations.

I think at this point I'll just use tickets once or twice a year.

el_super

The fine print says:
"Magic Key holders who have a park reservation for both theme parks may cross over and switch between parks on the same day beginning at 1:00 PM."
So that makes it sound like to park hop, you need two reservations.

If this works out similarly to the current CM system, AP holders will be given the option to book a reservation for both parks, Disneyland only or DCA only.

SplashGhost

Off season weekdays are perfect for us. Sorry that it is not a good fit 😐 on your end. We are only there a few times a year at most anyway. Hate weekends at DL. Always a mess and crowded in prior years.

In the past few years, the best days to go were generally the weekends when Deluxe Passes were blocked out. There might be a few off season weekdays that aren't bad, but if you went on an offseason weekday right after SoCal passes were blacked out for a long time, it would be extremely crowded.

Californian Elitist

Anything below the Believe Key seems pretty worthless, but this isn't that bad overall, especially since the Believe Key gets half priced parking. I kind of want to see how short term availability is for reservations before I buy one myself. I would hate to pay for it and have zero chance to actually get in the park unless I am able to book a reservation the second it turns 3am 90 days before I want to go.

And this will do nothing to make the parks less crowed. Thanks to the Imagine Key, off season weekdays will continue to be the absolute worst days to visit the parks.
Considering that Enchant still allows some weekends, I wouldn’t say it’s completely worthless. The Imagine option is good for those who are retired and have more free time on their hands than a general person who is working.

Stevek

Anything below the Believe Key seems pretty worthless, but this isn't that bad overall, especially since the Believe Key gets half priced parking. I kind of want to see how short term availability is for reservations before I buy one myself. I would hate to pay for it and have zero chance to actually get in the park unless I am able to book a reservation the second it turns 3am 90 days before I want to go.

And this will do nothing to make the parks less crowed. Thanks to the Imagine Key, off season weekdays will continue to be the absolute worst days to visit the parks.
How are the lower tiers worthless? They absolutely pay out for those of us the can easily take a day off during the week.

As for the crowds...if Disney caps the crowds at 30K a day, no matter what day, the parks absolutely will be less crowded no matter what day you might go.

el_super

Ride wait times do not directly correlate to overall park crowd.

especially when you tinker with your crowd management systems…

…that’s like a really amateur wdw argument

So you think there is still room for these wait times to be longer?

I mean some rides have a 90 minute wait, and this is a TUESDAY. How much more crowded do you really expect it to be?

mickEblu

I knew capped visits didn’t make sense with a reservation system. That should have told us that 12,24,36,48 thing was BS but “insiders”….

Sailor310

I'm ok with the Keys, but I generally go on the spur of the moment or if Touring Plans says it's going to be light. Having to plan 90 days out and the cost of parking are negatives for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom