News Disneyland Magic Key Program

CaptinEO

So after all the hand wringing, they essentially brought the AP back, just in Flex pass form.

It's not a 'rewards' program or 'buy 10 tickets and get one free' and all that other nonsense which I knew was never going to happen because it was NEVER even included in the surveys. It was all admission based. Guys if they send surveys that are admission based only it was ALWAYS going to be that or why bother with surveys at all?

It's basically the same prices as the last APs. The biggest difference is you have more black out dates and you have to reserve.

The highest pass there are no block out dates like before. Everyone kept saying no matter what, it won't be unlimited again. But it is!

They even brought back the monthly payment plan which everyone kept saying was the main culprit to the explosion of the passes.

BUT, the one big difference is they sound like there will be a cap of how many they sell......which I have been saying for literally a decade now and few months on these boards that's ALL they had to do if they were that concerned about the number of passes. They just weren't. But to be fair, since they cancelled and started over, it's easer to start a limit with a brand new program.

Honestly this all sounds fine to me. It's the same program as before, you just have to make reservations now, which is not a shock since that's what everyone buying a ticket have to do. And even in a few years that may disappear when we get to true normalcy.

Anyway, IDK if we'll get one but it's doable. And now that the monthly plans are included again, we can go highest tier but no idea yet. I'm not sure realistically how often we'll go.
The old passes had a clause saying they could be removed from sale at anytime, which they did for the Premium Pass and SoCal Pass. This is nothing new. Just legal speak.

fctiger

It does make you laugh at the old leaked info on what was coming… how off it was. People truly just speculate and post that out like they have real confirmed details.

Not as bad as anyone thought, I wish the monthly payment was not offered.

After alllll the doom and gloom over what they were going to offer and people were literally expecting the worse like 'pay $300 and you get 15% off your tickets' and all of that nonsense then yeah it's fine. I'm sure some people will still be upset because they don't get photopass, maxpass, etc. But I'm guessing the overwhelming majority are just happy they have a pass that can get them in the parks again and generally when they want to go. They have to plan a little more than before, but that was always going to be part of the deal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
not really . you asked why i would think it would be more customer friendly indicating you think it currently is not customer friendly when i feel this new pass is very customer friendly and less disney friendly
Oh ok…

yeah…it might be more inconvenient in practice…but they didn’t drop a gigantic price hammer on people up front.

i’m
Shocked

Stevek

Only to California residents, that’s how it was before also.
Monthly payments were allowed on every pass and they will continue on all passes in the new system.

1628027369040.png

SplashGhost

How are the lower tiers worthless? They absolutely pay out for those of us the can easily take a day off during the week.

As for the crowds...if Disney caps the crowds at 30K a day, no matter what day, the parks absolutely will be less crowded no matter what day you might go.

I should be specific and say worthless for me, especially since the entire summer busy season is blocked. I still don't believe Disney is interested in making the parks less crowded. The point of having reservations is to save money on staffing, not make the park a better experience for the guests.

fctiger

The old passes had a clause saying they could be removed from sale at anytime, which they did for the Premium Pass and SoCal Pass. This is nothing new. Just legal speak.

Yes, I have brought up the SoCal pass in the past because my own mother couldn't get it one year after having it before. But the higher tier passes NEVER had a capacity limit and those were obviously the most unlimited.

BUT I'm assuming there will be a cap of SOME kind if they are generally trying to keep capacity under 100%. The point is they never had any real capacity for these passes. I can't think of ANY time where the top APs were 'sold out'.

But you could be right, they could still sell literally a million of these as before, but the reservation system keeps things in check anyway.

Disstevefan1

mickEblu

I wouldn't say the AP program is back, I mean in a way it is but its so modified due to reservations that it takes the fun out of it for me.

For all intents and purposes it’s an AP program. There’s no limit to how many times you can go. The pricing structure is nearly identical. Sure, you have to make reservations but you also did with the FLEX AP which was part of the AP program. It certainly much closer to the annual pass program than 10% discounts and punch cards.

Last edited:

Stevek

I should be specific and say worthless for me, especially since the entire summer busy season is blocked. I still don't believe Disney is interested in making the parks less crowded. The point of having reservations is to save money on staffing, not make the park a better experience for the guests.
I'll disagree on the last statement IF you take Potrock at face value when he says the days of jamming as many people into the park as possible are over.

fctiger

Well... technically... if the park reservations are limited and can 'sell out', then that would be limit on the unlimited pass level.

Yeah but that was no different with the OLD passes. Once the parks hit capacity you still couldn't go in anyway regardless if you had an unlimited pass. The point is in theory you can go anytime you want, there are no block out dates. But sure it's not AS easy as going anytime you want, but yeah in theory you can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom