News Disneyland Magic Key Program

waltography

Saw this little bit in the bottom of the page:
Pass types are limited in quantity, and passes may no longer be available for purchase and/or renewal at any time.
I know that the old APs had the latter stipulation, particularly as they started limiting purchase of the SoCal passes, but did any of the old APs have the first stipulation of "limited quantity"?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The absolute best spin…which I’m not an advocate of…on this is that isn’t not pay per day.

that is a win for Joe Q Customer…even if in the short term

el_super

that would have been a pay as you go “discount” program for some monthly or annual fee. That was the H bomb to the whole ticket scenario.

To be fair though, there's still time to offer add-on options that grant more access and flexibility with the reservations.

Are they though? Been a passholder since 2012 and weekdays where the lower passes werent blocked out out were the busiest days period with the exception of christmas break.

Yeah, actually you're probably right. The weekdays might end up being pretty bad.

Although there still might be some strategy behind that. If Disney wants to limit operational overhead on the weekdays when labor is scarce, they could severly limit the amount of reservations available, or adjust park hours to match.

How many people will scoop up the low end passes only to find they have trouble getting any reservations?

That's the question and whether or not people will end up being so angry to raise the concern. If the reservations get booked too fast, and people are unable to obtain the days they want, or any reservations at all, what happens then? Does Disney refund the pass?

If your only option to go turns out to be some random Wednesdays and you are precluded from going, is it enough to warrant a complain or even legal action?

el_super

Saw this little bit in the bottom of the page:

I know that the old APs had the latter stipulation, particularly as they started limiting purchase of the SoCal passes, but did any of the old APs have the first stipulation of "limited quantity"?

The two sort of go hand-in-hand. They stopped selling the So Cal APs because they hit a cap that they didn't feel comfortable crossing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be fair though, there's still time to offer add-on options that grant more access and flexibility with the reservations.

Yeah, actually you're probably right. The weekdays might end up being pretty bad.

Although there still might be some strategy behind that. If Disney wants to limit operational overhead on the weekdays when labor is scarce, they could severly limit the amount of reservations available, or adjust park hours to match.

That's the question and whether or not people will end up being so angry to raise the concern. If the reservations get booked too fast, and people are unable to obtain the days they want, or any reservations at all, what happens then? Does Disney refund the pass?

If your only option to go turns out to be some random Wednesdays and you are precluded from going, is it enough to warrant a complain or even legal action?
Not to sound like Chappy…

but If the logjam is on the lower end…wouldn’t it drive people into the higher tiers and spread out the demand over the days??

isn’t that the point?

And I disagree with one of your earlier posts: this absolutely proves they made a mistake cancelling passes…
…they have the data…and if the data told them they could fill the park “pay as you go”…then they would.

now I want to see if they show a similar “retreat” in orlando?

mickEblu

Not seeing the value in the Enchant key as it most likely just leaves you weekend days that are super busy. For my money it would either be Imagine (if I’ve made the determination I’m ok just going once in a while on the weekdays) or the Believe key. Then if you do to with Believe it probably makes sense for one member of the family to go with the Dream key for the free parking and extra discounts.

waltography

Got a promotional email about the new pass and they're offering a new welcome package for early adopters to the program:

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.54.23 PM.png

el_super

And I disagree with one of your earlier posts: this absolutely proves they made a mistake cancelling passes…
…they have the data…and if the data told them they could fill the park “pay as you go”…then they would.

They've filled the park for the past four months with no form of passes at all. How was that a mistake?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
now I want to see if they show a similar “retreat” in orlando?
They already made a statement on that as part of this announcement:

And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They've filled the park for the past four months with no form of passes at all. How was that a mistake?
Limited Capacity…

and a severe drop in longterm trip planning that happens with a “you may die” plague for the last 18 months.
The kinks will take some time to work out…and may now be extended with another fall/winter rise.

they have the data…why are we assuming they have the demand past the initial stir crazy lockdown breakout? That’s not gonna last.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

I don't like to judge like that. As I say to them,"You do you." It's no skin off my back.
Just giving you a hard time. In all sincerity I'd avoid the low end passes like the plague. Those days have never been fun for me.

As someone who started as a socal select AP and moved up over the years, It is my opinion to only go on weekends or blocked out days for low end APs.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Disappointing. same system as before with just more block out dates on some tiers. payment plans being available is shocking. passholes should count their lucky stars, this could have been worse. no one has a right to complain over this new offering if they were a former passholder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom