Disneyland Half Marathon

Texas84

When you pick up your race packet, you get a special bracelet. THEY (race volunteers) will put it on you and you must keep it on till the end of the race.
When you finish the race, you will get your 1/2 marathon medal first, then you'll be directed to the area to get your coast-to-coast medal. They cut the bracelet off after you get the C2C medal.
They put it on at packet pickup? That would be annoying.

dreamfinder

They put it on at packet pickup? That would be annoying.

It's the only way to verify who you are since they theoretically check ID. Not sure how it works for people who fill out the waiver and have someone else pick it up. I remember doing it for the past ToT races (got glo in the dark ones for that) and I think for Goofy as well.

Mad Stitch

I do have a question for any veteran Disneyland runners or anyone who lives in the area....How's the coarse? Are there many uphill/interstate challenges? I remember being surprised on going down right before Magic Kingdom and the interstate loop for the Princess Half. Just wanting to be prepared. Thanks for any help!
See ya soon!

I haven't run it yet but the only concern I've read about is that a short stretch of the course is not on a paved surface. The blog I was reading said just before Angles stadium we run on a sandy trail for about a half to 3/4 mile. The woman writing the blog said she twisted her ankle on it and couldn't finish the race.

When you pick up your race packet, you get a special bracelet. THEY (race volunteers) will put it on you and you must keep it on till the end of the race.

When you finish the race, you will get your 1/2 marathon medal first, then you'll be directed to the area to get your coast-to-coast medal. They cut the bracelet off after you get the C2C medal.

Thanks, that what I figured but I just like to be prepared ahead of time.

Texas84

Confirmed. The 'Final Instructions' e-mail showed up today. Dang, this is getting close!

This is interesting: They are doing mile splits for us! Of course, I will still have the trusty Garmin with me.

dreamfinder

Confirmed. The 'Final Instructions' e-mail showed up today. Dang, this is getting close!

This is interesting: They are doing mile splits for us! Of course, I will still have the trusty Garmin with me.

Hrm. I didn't get one. If I didn't just download my race wavier the other day I would be a bit concerned. Anything good in the email?

Mad Stitch

Where did you see this? It said there would be time clocks at each mile marker, but I don’t think that includes mats to record the b-tags.

I thought it was cool that the legacy runners get a special lanyard with their medal.
Hrm. I didn't get one. If I didn't just download my race wavier the other day I would be a bit concerned. Anything good in the email?

Nothing important that you didn't know already.

Texas84

Here's a link: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/disneyland-half-marathon/2012/2012-HalfFRI.pdf

Where did you see this? It said there would be time clocks at each mile marker, but I don’t think that includes mats to record the b-tags.
Wrong race maybe? Swear I saw something that started with "We're doing something different...". I'll post here if I find it. Or it might be the continuous heat stroke. :D

Mad Stitch

Ended up in A. Do they make as much difference here as they do at WDW? Hard to tell based on the course, no idea how congested the first few miles can get.
I would think they are more important at Disneyland. At WDW we have 5 miles of highway for the pack to spread apart before we reach the MK. At Disneyland there is only a mile before we start running through the parks, which will have some tight areas.

dreamfinder

I would think they are more important at Disneyland. At WDW we have 5 miles of highway for the pack to spread apart before we reach the MK. At Disneyland there is only a mile before we start running through the parks, which will have some tight areas.

That was my thought as well. But seeing as how I have been to DLR once about 12 years ago, I don't really remember the size of things in relation to WDW, and I wasn't sure.

Texas84

Yeesh, I'm back in E. :eek: I'll be trippin' over folks. They must have looked at my full when I cramped up at 24. ;)

Mad Stitch

I figured it would be the same as last year, but it is still exciting to see it.

405186_509260079099959_788464439_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom