Politics Disneyland Closure: Another six months?

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Should Disneyland remain closed another six months?

• Yes

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 106 81.5%

• Total voters

cmwade77

Vietnam borders China and has a population of 100 million. How many deaths have they had to date of the virus. 0. Why? Strict protocols and universal mask wearing once the virus was detected.

I was in Asia during January and February. Mask wearing was no where near 50% let alone 100% in many of those countries. Once they began enforcing mask wearing, infection rates plummeted. I would rather be in Asia than the US right now due to how they handled things.
Ok, so how about Japan, South Korea, China, Philippines, etc.? Heck, the Philippines even had early mask orders and still have issues. One country succeeding doesn't mean masks worked.

cmwade77

Conveniently the other side is HIPAA only covers unique identification of patients.

So even if HIPAA covered Disney, which it does not, they could still be required to disclose outbreaks, locations of workers, etc and not have that be protected under HIPAA.

In fact, I've quoted this at him before and he ignored it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/general-business-faq.html
Except the governor wants people named by name and that is the problem and what is illegal.

Tamandua

I have seen them very strictly enforcing the rules at Downtown Disney, not sure when you have gone and seen the opposite, but I never have.
At downtown Disney, my three year old daughter pulled her mask under her nose because she was having a hard time breathing and a cast member immediately asked us to have our "princess pull her mask up."

Last edited by a moderator:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
At downtown Disney, my three year old daughter pulled her mask under her nose because she was having a hard time breathing and a cast member immediately asked us to have our "princess pull her mask up."

Same thing happened with my friend. Her mask was just a few cm too low on the nose and some smarty plaid told her to yank it up. No way in hell I’m paying money to experience that kind of nit picky treatment anywhere.

flutas

If you really don't want to wear masks, then lock yourself up at home, have your groceries delivered, and start working on a bubble to live in.

Same thing happened with my friend. Her mask was just a few cm too low on the nose and some smarty plaid told her to yank it up. No way in hell I’m paying money to experience that kind of treatment anywhere.

Translation: She thought she was being so smart by having her nose out and got told to put her mask on properly.

For both of you, do you think people should be able to streak at DTD without consequences? I mean, it's only rules they have in place and they agree to by going into DTD.

GimpYancIent

If you really don't want to wear masks, then lock yourself up at home, have your groceries delivered, and start working on a bubble to live in.

Translation: She thought she was being so smart by having her nose out and got told to put her mask on properly.

For both of you, do you think people should be able to streak at DTD without consequences? I mean, it's only rules they have in place and they agree to by going into DTD.
Locations where the wearing of masks is a necessary requirement are known to the public and how to properly wear a mask has been widely explained. Any one going to a Disney property has received information about masks at nauseam. For the little ones it can prove to be a difficult learning experience how to wear a mask properly, instinct being to get the annoying thing off the face. Hell, a lot of adults have that issue. Maybe if wearing a mask is that difficult an issue it would be better to hold off going to a Disney property. One thing is for sure the mask requirements are not going away any time soon and it's not just Disney. I say good job to the CM's for adhering to the rules across the board. Guests should not be taking out frustrations on CM's doing their jobs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom