Politics Disneyland Closure: Another six months?

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Should Disneyland remain closed another six months?

• Yes

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 106 81.5%

• Total voters

BuzzedPotatoHead89

So how long do we think these mask rules will be in place? I can deal with the social distancing and everything else but I’m not willing to pay Disney prices and be in a mask all day. So are we talking Spring 21? Summer 21? 2022?

If I were to spitball maybe phasing out by early-to-mid 2022 assuming the vaccine planning goes as intended, and that is at the absolute earliest.

This is literally an educated guess. Disney takes a legally conservative approach to most things and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are still mandated on property.

Ursula Doom

Vietnam borders China and has a population of 100 million. How many deaths have they had to date of the virus. 0. Why? Strict protocols and universal mask wearing once the virus was detected.

I was in Asia during January and February. Mask wearing was no where near 50% let alone 100% in many of those countries. Once they began enforcing mask wearing, infection rates plummeted. I would rather be in Asia than the US right now due to how they handled things.
Quite right. People in Asian countries don't wear masks when there is no health threat, A pandemic, extreme pollution, or personal illness would prompt mask wearing and it is generally accepted as protocol for those situations. People don't want to hear it, but we have to get to that point to get past this. We don't have a choice.

truecoat

If Newsom can let rioters and looters run wild in his state with no mention of Covid he can open Disneyland. He needs to get tHe economy and these people need to work. They have families.

Opening Disneyland will only put a fraction of people back to work at best. Between the capacity issues, the subpar experience and people avoiding any crowds, it’ll be a long time before they employ most of the cast members.

cmwade77

The economy is going to suck until the virus is under control.

And the virus can’t get under control while too many people are trying to force going back to normal life early.
Here is the problem, what do you define as under control?

I would maintain it is already under control and we need to accept the risks as they stand and live our lives or cower in fear constantly.

Here is the problem, what do you define as under control?

I would maintain it is already under control and we need to accept the risks as they stand and live our lives or cower in fear constantly.
Over a thousand people a day are dying in the US from it. Every measure of the virus is rising. It’s the opposite of under control.

You should look at what a lot of other countries have been able to do with this virus. The United States is the worst developed country in the world right now.

The virus doesn’t care if you’re bored with it. It doesn’t care if you don’t want to put out the effort for a few months to get it under control. Theme parks and concerts are the reward of countries that have done the work to get there. Too many people want to just skip to the reward part and so hundreds of thousands will die.

MarvelCharacterNerd

You all need to stay home and save lives.
And wear a mask!

1603421541808.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom