Politics Disneyland Closure: Another six months?

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Should Disneyland remain closed another six months?

• Yes

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 106 81.5%

• Total voters

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
It's obviously far too dangerous to reopen Disneyland in this current Covidian climate. While every other park around the world reopens safely with masked spaced-out guests and creepy propaganda playing on the PA system encouraging you to keep away from other people, with absolutely no Supre Spreader Event whatsoever linked to it as the Covidian numbers diminish and a Warp Speed Vaccine comes soon to a clinic near you...clearly, it's just reckless and heartless to reopen the Disneyland parks. What say you? You're the ultimate judge.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
The fact that Taste of Knott’s and Seaworld’s BBQ thing haven’t seen any outbreaks is not science and fact, it is an anomaly. I won’t believe these facts. It’s obvious the Virus attacks at only California theme parks because Texas, Illinois, Ohio, New Jersey, Florida, and Virginia theme parks somehow control it in a way that OOOOOBVIOUSLY won’t be the case here in California.

In all honesty, though, all of the people on this site that are so doom and gloom and calling for longer closures best not take a reservation from me on reopening day😒

Tamandua

Guys... There were accusations that Disney wasn't reporting positive covid tests at Downtown Disney, therefore we can only assume that the other parks that opened killed 100,000,000 grandmas. I'm afraid we have no choice but to level the entire city and replant the orange groves. It will make an amazing wildfire in a few decades.

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
Live look at the Anaheim Resort District this evening:

dpa_92887895_untergang_film_titanic_1030.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's obviously far too dangerous to reopen Disneyland in this current Covidian climate. While every other park around the world reopens safely with masked spaced-out guests and creepy propaganda playing on the PA system encouraging you to keep away from other people, with absolutely no Supre Spreader Event whatsoever linked to it as the Covidian numbers diminish and a Warp Speed Vaccine comes soon to a clinic near you...clearly, it's just reckless and heartless to reopen the Disneyland parks. What say you? You're the ultimate judge.
Boy...you sure look like the angry puppy on this one...

When can we start lining up for that vaxx? Anything in the news recently? 🤔

...or perhaps this is your “legendary” dry wit?

Question: have you been to a park recently? Perspective might change.

Tamandua

That’s not “heartless”...

...it just goes against all intelligent takes on public health.
These guys never address the facts and just call people dumb if they disagree with them. Remember how all the experts wanted just two weeks to slow the spread (while telling us not to wear masks) so that hospitals wouldn't be overrun? And that was when we thought the virus had a 9% mortality rate. It doesn't strike me as particularly intelligent to continue or increase restrictions as data increasingly shows the virus to be less and less dangerous to most people...

Tamandua

I must be completely heartless, I think all theme parks should have reopened the two weeks after they closed as originally promised.
There were still practically no tests available after that two weeks. I recall that pretty much everyone in my office already been sick and recovered by the time they shut down. Of course we had no tests to know if it was covid, but I couldn't help but think that the shutdowns came too late to matter anyways. When H1N1 started spreading in 2009, Obama refused to shut down the border, saying it would be like "closing the barn door after the horse got out." That's what these shutdowns are like.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
These guys never address the facts and just call people dumb if they disagree with them. Remember how all the experts wanted just two weeks to slow the spread (while telling us not to wear masks) so that hospitals wouldn't be overrun? And that was when we thought the virus had a 9% mortality rate. It doesn't strike me as particularly intelligent to continue or increase restrictions as data increasingly shows the virus to be less and less dangerous to most people...
But that’s not what is happening...all the recommendations were to prevent spread and mitigate the impact to the public and medical system...to tamp it down. And that has been only partially effective.

This is a nonsense world where everyone believes their personal, unqualified opinion should be considered. This is not a debate on abstract concepts.

If you want to say the California officials are going to far...I can see it. The Florida ones didn’t go far enough and continue to gamble.

Disneyland will return in course...patience is a virtue.

shambolicdefending

There were still practically no tests available after that two weeks. I recall that pretty much everyone in my office already been sick and recovered by the time they shut down. Of course we had no tests to know if it was covid, but I couldn't help but think that the shutdowns came too late to matter anyways. When H1N1 started spreading in 2009, Obama refused to shut down the border, saying it would be like "closing the barn door after the horse got out." That's what these shutdowns are like.
Hindsight is never a fair judge. But it sure seems today like the cure was worse than the disease in many respects.

lazyboy97o

These guys never address the facts and just call people dumb if they disagree with them.
Remember how all the experts wanted just two weeks to slow the spread (while telling us not to wear masks) so that hospitals wouldn't be overrun?
Because it is not true. If you want to discuss facts then discuss facts and not your distortion and misunderstanding. The two weeks was never stated as a definite time frame. It was always a minimum starting point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom