Disneyland Characters Behaving "Badly"

Monkee Girl

He's a great Peter! This is definitely a good start for Disneyland-style character interaction.:)
Yep, a little back story...I took a quick solo trip to Disney last May and as a joke for my little cousin, I took my stuffed Pepe the King Prawn (as seen in my picture) and took him around for photo ops around the park. I met Peter and he asked me what he was. I said a King Prawn. He said what was that and I responded a type of fish (I was going blank at this moment) and he said there were no fish in Never Land. He was very cute.

awoogala

I see Alice out a lot in Epcot. Either in England or a little character spot (which I think 'new' characters go). She also does the Alice and Hatter breakfast at 1900 Park fare. I thought there might be a tea party too at the Grand Floridian....but that might just be Hatter. But she is out a lot. The others, not so much.

White rabbit has been popping up by the teacups lately, and I've seen Alice there a bunch of times, too. Epcot seems to have her everytime I am there (UK, in front of the little house that looks wonderland-ish) I have never seen Mad Hatter, because I've never done the meal at gf.

Californian Elitist

Yep, a little back story...I took a quick solo trip to Disney last May and as a joke for my little cousin, I took my stuffed Pepe the King Prawn (as seen in my picture) and took him around for photo ops around the park. I met Peter and he asked me what he was. I said a King Prawn. He said what was that and I responded a type of fish (I was going blank at this moment) and he said there were no fish in Never Land. He was very cute.

I would have LOVED that. Peter Pan is my all-time favorite character and that would have been a happy moment for me. Hopefully I can get a moment like that when I visit Florida.

Monkee Girl

White rabbit has been popping up by the teacups lately, and I've seen Alice there a bunch of times, too. Epcot seems to have her everytime I am there (UK, in front of the little house that looks wonderland-ish) I have never seen Mad Hatter, because I've never done the meal at gf.
That's great! I will be there this April for our Easter trip. I will have to spend some time there and see if I spot him.

Yea, the Hatter is such a fun character and I wish he was around for meet and greets. he SHOULD be at his ride.

Actually, I will just say it...with all this expansion stuff, I wish they could get rid of the cars and make an Alice themed part. Put in the Alice ride, a Queen of heart's quick service like they have in Tokyo Disney and more meet and greets from White Rabbit, queen of hearts, the tweedles (maybe not so much, they creep me out, lol) and Alice and Hatter of course. I think it would be awesome, would look amazing at night and would give chance to have more Alice characters out. Wishfull thinking on my part again, but I think it would be neat.

Monkee Girl

I would have LOVED that. Peter Pan is my all-time favorite character and that would have been a happy moment for me. Hopefully I can get a moment like that when I visit Florida.

Oh...you just got me started! lol

My favorite all time Peter moment was from my first 'adult' trip to Disney. When I went for my senior year in 2000, there were no characters out....at...all...the only ones I saw were Chip and Dale and my friend would not go near them because of some traumatizing experience as a kid or whatever...so naturally I couldn't go by myself and leave her alone....so many years later, I go with my cousin and her 3 yr daughter, Brittany...2005 or 2006. On our last day, we were having breakfast in the Crystal Palace and I was reading the character location cards ( I haven't done it all week ...we saw characters but it wasn't the hunting experience I grew to develop) so I saw 'Peter Pan characters in adventure land" and was like "we are so going!!!!" lol....so we go and there's Peter and Wendy but they were getting ready to go on break. The girl told us they would be back in an hour....to pass the time, I went on Splash Mountain and my cousin took the Brit to go see Woody and Jessie. I get off the ride to go meet up with them and they went and saw peter...without me!!! AND had him sign my book!!! I wasn't mad...just had that "what the heck?!" reaction. So I marched them back over to Peter and made them wait while I stood in line to see him and have him sign my book again so I could watch him do it, lol...they were cracking up.

What followed was, he asked where to sign and I said he could sign on the first page (the name page) Wendy said he could sign where it says 'this book belongs to' (with the addition of Princess) and Peter looked at her and said 'I'm not a princess!" it was great. We got our pictures and Wendy could see my little cousin watching and asked her to come get in the picture with us. Brit ran over and we have a great shot of all four of us. It was amazing.

I love Peter Pan he will always be my favorite character to meet. I think that is why I enjoy Spieling so much. There are many good Peters, I know, but nond that have the depth, knowledge and heart that that guy has and I love every one of his videos. Watching them is like watching the movie. Classic.

AllyInWonderland

That's great! I will be there this April for our Easter trip. I will have to spend some time there and see if I spot him.

Yea, the Hatter is such a fun character and I wish he was around for meet and greets. he SHOULD be at his ride.

Actually, I will just say it...with all this expansion stuff, I wish they could get rid of the cars and make an Alice themed part. Put in the Alice ride, a Queen of heart's quick service like they have in Tokyo Disney and more meet and greets from White Rabbit, queen of hearts, the tweedles (maybe not so much, they creep me out, lol) and Alice and Hatter of course. I think it would be awesome, would look amazing at night and would give chance to have more Alice characters out. Wishfull thinking on my part again, but I think it would be neat.
YES!!!!! I want some kind if Alice in Wonderland land too!!!!

Californian Elitist

Oh...you just got me started! lol

My favorite all time Peter moment was from my first 'adult' trip to Disney. When I went for my senior year in 2000, there were no characters out....at...all...the only ones I saw were Chip and Dale and my friend would not go near them because of some traumatizing experience as a kid or whatever...so naturally I couldn't go by myself and leave her alone....so many years later, I go with my cousin and her 3 yr daughter, Brittany...2005 or 2006. On our last day, we were having breakfast in the Crystal Palace and I was reading the character location cards ( I haven't done it all week ...we saw characters but it wasn't the hunting experience I grew to develop) so I saw 'Peter Pan characters in adventure land" and was like "we are so going!!!!" lol....so we go and there's Peter and Wendy but they were getting ready to go on break. The girl told us they would be back in an hour....to pass the time, I went on Splash Mountain and my cousin took the Brit to go see Woody and Jessie. I get off the ride to go meet up with them and they went and saw peter...without me!!! AND had him sign my book!!! I wasn't mad...just had that "what the heck?!" reaction. So I marched them back over to Peter and made them wait while I stood in line to see him and have him sign my book again so I could watch him do it, lol...they were cracking up.

What followed was, he asked where to sign and I said he could sign on the first page (the name page) Wendy said he could sign where it says 'this book belongs to' (with the addition of Princess) and Peter looked at her and said 'I'm not a princess!" it was great. We got our pictures and Wendy could see my little cousin watching and asked her to come get in the picture with us. Brit ran over and we have a great shot of all four of us. It was amazing.

I love Peter Pan he will always be my favorite character to meet. I think that is why I enjoy Spieling so much. There are many good Peters, I know, but nond that have the depth, knowledge and heart that that guy has and I love every one of his videos. Watching them is like watching the movie. Classic.

I enjoyed reading about your experience! How dare they not include you in the fun! At the same time, I find it really funny they went without you! I love Disney moments like that.:)

I wish we still had Spieling Peter, but they can't stay forever. I really love all those characters. The fantasy ones. I worked in Fantasyland at Disneyland as an attractions operator. I did pretty much every attraction, except small world, Matterhorn and Storybook. After working in Fantasyland, I REALLY fell in love with these characters. They are very special to me, and I appreciate them more, as well as Fantasyland itself. My avatar picture proves that. I wish I was in Fantasyland now, since we keep talking about it, LOL!

Monkee Girl

YES!!!!! I want some kind if Alice in Wonderland land too!!!!
Exactly. It doesn't have to be big. I talked in another post about how 'pointless' Tomorrowland is now since Epcot is pretty much the same thing. I would move those rides to Epcot so Epcot has more stuff and then Magic Kingdom has more room for well...magic. Take those motor cars away and you could have some room for a little Alice grove. Have you seen the pictures of the Queen's quick service; it's very cool. I don't know what else we could add in the Tomorrow land area. Not princess stuff of course, something different...

Monkee Girl

I enjoyed reading about your experience! How dare they not include you in the fun! At the same time, I find it really funny they went without you! I love Disney moments like that.:)

I wish we still had Spieling Peter, but they can't stay forever. I really love all those characters. The fantasy ones. I worked in Fantasyland at Disneyland as an attractions operator. I did pretty much every attraction, except small world, Matterhorn and Storybook. After working in Fantasyland, I REALLY fell in love with these characters. They are very special to me, and I appreciate them more, as well as Fantasyland itself. My avatar picture proves that. I wish I was in Fantasyland now, since we keep talking about it, LOL!

You're lucky. I love Disney and always wanted to work there. My ideal plan would be to transfer from where I live within the company to Florida and then work Disney part time. I would love to be a character, but realistically I would start anywhere. I love the park and what it means to people. I want to help make the magic I guess.

I know Spieling had to leave, like they all do, but I think I was sad because I found him very late...so by the time I started watching him; he was already gone. But Youtube is always there for me to watch and his adventures never get old.

Monkee Girl

You know how a few posts back, I said I don't like the kids that 'stalk' and harrass the characters? These are one of these girls. Why would you ask characters stuff like this? Anyway, Peter has the BEST comback...love this video and I use this phrase, lol

Californian Elitist

You're lucky. I love Disney and always wanted to work there. My ideal plan would be to transfer from where I live within the company to Florida and then work Disney part time. I would love to be a character, but realistically I would start anywhere. I love the park and what it means to people. I want to help make the magic I guess.

I know Spieling had to leave, like they all do, but I think I was sad because I found him very late...so by the time I started watching him; he was already gone. But Youtube is always there for me to watch and his adventures never get old.

Make your intentions happen!

Californian Elitist

You know how a few posts back, I said I don't like the kids that 'stalk' and harrass the characters? These are one of these girls. Why would you ask characters stuff like this? Anyway, Peter has the BEST comback...love this video and I use this phrase, lol

These kinds of guest annoy the crap out of me, sometimes. That request/question was just odd. His response was great, though.

Monkee Girl

Ok, to give our beloved Peter and break, I wanted to move on to another great couple. The Stepsisters...I have a few stories of the interactions with them; they are so fun.

My sister and I just happened upon them one day. I had seen Aurora and Prince Phillip over by the castle and we walked over for a picture. But unfortunately, they had to take a break (the castle show was starting). So we hung around the back wall for a moment and out come Anastasia and Drizella. We were stunned (another set we have never seen out before)...so we get in line and I tried to take a picture of my sister but she had her camera set to movie and not photo. "Oh! it's on moooovvvviieee" they laughed. The stepsisters were hilarious...they fought over my autograph book with Anastasia yelling 'you break it you buy it!'

Another time, my sister wore a Tiffany's necklace in the shape of a bean (I dunno...don't ask, lol) and Drizella was like "Who is this Tiffany? I wouldn't trust anyone who gave me a vegetable as jewlery!" So yea, if I had to choose a character to play; I would be them...I'm a little short though :( guys also like to propose to them, which often gives great Youtube fun!

AllyInWonderland

Ok, to give our beloved Peter and break, I wanted to move on to another great couple. The Stepsisters...I have a few stories of the interactions with them; they are so fun.

My sister and I just happened upon them one day. I had seen Aurora and Prince Phillip over by the castle and we walked over for a picture. But unfortunately, they had to take a break (the castle show was starting). So we hung around the back wall for a moment and out come Anastasia and Drizella. We were stunned (another set we have never seen out before)...so we get in line and I tried to take a picture of my sister but she had her camera set to movie and not photo. "Oh! it's on moooovvvviieee" they laughed. The stepsisters were hilarious...they fought over my autograph book with Anastasia yelling 'you break it you buy it!'

Another time, my sister wore a Tiffany's necklace in the shape of a bean (I dunno...don't ask, lol) and Drizella was like "Who is this Tiffany? I wouldn't trust anyone who gave me a vegetable as jewlery!" So yea, if I had to choose a character to play; I would be them...I'm a little short though :( guys also like to propose to them, which often gives great Youtube fun!

I LOVE the Stepsisters! If I had a backup character to be instead of Alice, it would either be Wendy or one of the Stepsisters! I've never met them before, but from the videos I've seen, they're HILARIOUS!!!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom