News Disneyland cancels Annual Pass program

DanielBB8

I understand that the word has evolved to also include the exact opposite meaning. That's why it's important to choose your words carefully. If you really meant figuratively instead of implying that 100% of DL's audience is local, you needed to communicate that better and maybe use a different word.
Read the paragraph for context and not merely the sentence. The word isn't figurative or the opposite meaning. It means becoming virtually what it is literally. It's hilarious that you can't even accept the dictionary meaning for literally as it is being used.

el_super

Read the paragraph for context and not merely the sentence. The word isn't figurative or the opposite meaning. It means becoming virtually what it is literally. It's hilarious that you can't even accept the dictionary meaning for literally as it is being used.

LOL the burden of accurately communicating your thoughts is on you. There is no justification to be angry at your audience for not understanding that you meant the lesser used FOURTH definition of the word literally, rather than the first three (and generally widely accepted) definitions of the word literally.

If you are still meaning to indicate that EVERYONE (as in, literally 100% of people going to Disneyland) are locals, you are still factually wrong.

Sharon&Susan

1620074076537.png

DanielBB8

LOL the burden of accurately communicating your thoughts is on you. There is no justification to be angry at your audience for not understanding that you meant the lesser used FOURTH definition of the word literally, rather than the first three (and generally widely accepted) definitions of the word literally.

If you are still meaning to indicate that EVERYONE (as in, literally 100% of people going to Disneyland) are locals, you are still factually wrong.
I'll do a word substitution for you.

"Everyone is literally a local at Anaheim."
Everyone is virtually considered a local at Anaheim. This is absolutely not the same as Everyone are locals. You didn't even bother using the 4th definition that you still refuse to acknowledge even figuratively, which wasn't used figuratively, which was why I didn't use the word figuratively.

My sentence is descriptive. It is beyond a mere statement. You're still hilarious for being so absolute wrong about everything at this point.

el_super

I believe you when you said you didn't understand. You can argue my paragraph instead of this. Or we can move on because this question proves you still don't get the point.

I would love to talk about the point you were trying to make, but you've made it impossible to figure out what you meant.

Did you really mean to imply that there's no reason to try to attract tourists because none are showing up? Or did you mean that none show up because they don't do enough to attract them?

DanielBB8

I would love to talk about the point you were trying to make, but you've made it impossible to figure out what you meant.

Did you really mean to imply that there's no reason to try to attract tourists because none are showing up? Or did you mean that none show up because they don't do enough to attract them?

How did you get this from this?

This discussion about longer stays at Disneyland Resort is idiotic since they clearly made the choice to not build additional hotels rooms to capture this market. They can’t cash in from those willing to spend. That’s why those who want the immersive experience have to visit Disney World. Everyone is literally a local at Anaheim.

Disney can't cash in on the tourists. They are getting the same amount from everyone that shows up. That's why they need the APs, who are the lifeblood of Disneyland and DCA who are propping up the parks that keeping it busy well above typical crowds in the past. If Disneyland was able to get 18 million attendance two years ago, imagine going backwards to a time when Disneyland is barely getting DCA attendance. And it's even worse today with 25% capacity and they can't even get the locals to show up to maximum capacity with the day pass.

This has nothing to do with attracting tourists because they are doing as well as they can. Structurally, tourists can't obvious show up today because of travel restrictions. In the future, limitations due to reservations systems and language barriers will make such visits difficult. Then they can't stay on site because not enough hotel rooms.

el_super

Disney can't cash in on the tourists. They are getting the same amount from everyone that shows up.

This isn't true at all. It's true that overall tourists spend more money when a hotel stay is factored in, but they are also getting discounted admission to the parks through park hoppers and other packages. The people who buy one day or two day tickets are paying more per entry to the park than any other group. APs generally don't purchase hotel stays and pay the lowest price per entry of any group.

So no, everyone who shows up is not paying the same.

And it's even worse today with 25% capacity and they can't even get the locals to show up to maximum capacity with the day pass.

Hitting maximum capacity is not the end goal. Maximizing revenue is. It's better to have 100 people pay 100 dollars than 1000 people pay 1.

This has nothing to do with attracting tourists because they are doing as well as they can. Structurally, tourists can't obvious show up today because of travel restrictions. In the future, limitations due to reservations systems and language barriers will make such visits difficult. Then they can't stay on site because not enough hotel rooms.

Those can all be fixed, if/when more tourists show up.

Vegas Disney Fan

In my mind, For the DLR APers, it’s like the drug supplier cutting off the supply cold turkey. There are a lot of APers that will happily purchase one day tickets, or multi day tickets, or whatever to get their fix, remember they get 30 percent off stuff 😀

I am guessing DLR will not offer the new “membership program” until they begin to see ticket sales start to go down.

Its fun to speculate, but in the end, like I have said many times before, Disney will do whatever they want and we as fans just gotta deal with it.

Its Disney’s world, we just visit it 😀
I just looked and park hopper tickets (and DCA only) are available every day except for a few Saturdays and 2 or 3 weekdays, if they can’t even sell out 25% occupancy, especially after being closed over a year, I think APs will be back sooner than most of us expected. It’ll help when non residents can go also but I think it shows that even the junkies in need of a fix won’t pay to go repeatedly, they’ll go once every few months but that’s not often enough to even fill 25% occupancy.

CaptinEO

How did you get this from this?

Disney can't cash in on the tourists. They are getting the same amount from everyone that shows up. That's why they need the APs, who are the lifeblood of Disneyland and DCA who are propping up the parks that keeping it busy well above typical crowds in the past. If Disneyland was able to get 18 million attendance two years ago, imagine going backwards to a time when Disneyland is barely getting DCA attendance. And it's even worse today with 25% capacity and they can't even get the locals to show up to maximum capacity with the day pass.

LOL. So how did Disneyland exist for 30 years without passes. Why do people think annual passes are the only solution when you can have dynamic pricing.

APs aren't the lifeblood, they are the filler and arguably Disneyland was a better place before APs came into existence.

I don't blame people for taking Disney up on discounted admission passes, the company created a business model that made attendance uncontrollable and it's not the customer's fault.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom