News Disneyland cancels Annual Pass program

Disstevefan1

My family was spending a lot more on food and merchandise each visit than what our daily admission cost was after the refunds. I think they're going to find that the APs they lose may very well be the ones who spent more while there. The cheaper crowd may pay more up front knowing that they can be thrifty when they go. The bigger daily spenders may not want to buy into such an expensive pass system knowing what they will be spending each visit. Just a thought given our experience.
I agree with you and you are not uncommon. There are plenty of (now former) AP holders like you. Time will tell, and Disney can reverse/change programs at will, I am hoping they get burned by this, and offer something closer to the original...

Tamandua

I understand that. But nobody knew 10 months ago how this would play out. They're honoring APs in Florida and I think would have loved to do the same in CA. Maybe you should take it up with Governor Newsome.
I'm no fan of Newsom but it is ridiculous that Disney waited until we started to see the light at the end of the tunnel to decide, after we waited this whole time and decided to not cancel our passes ourselves during the last 10 months, to end the program and immediately announce something else that is more expensive with less benefits. It just feels like an insult to loyal customers who patiently waited for them to reopen. They could have made it work and gone the wdw route, and anyone not happy with the terms could have opted out.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 2.25.34 PM.png

"Thank you for your loyalty and for having been a Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder during this unprecedented time of our Parks' closure. To show our appreciation until new membership offerings are announced, we thought a couple perks, and a new title was in order—Passholders who held active Passports as of March 14, 2020 are now Disneyland Resort Legacy Passholders.

Legacy Passholders can still enjoy some of those ever-so-magical extras that celebrate you. Like when you get the chance to scoop up some special merchandise or enjoy some food and beverage offerings. Or those special surprise and delight moments. And of course, there are those fantastic Passport discounts that have been extended for a limited time—from food and beverage offerings to shopping at select locations all around Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street.

It’s the magic that makes being a Disneyland Resort Legacy Passholder such an unforgettable experience. And that’s just for starters—we’re working on adding more magic during this limited time!

So, get ready to be surprised...delighted...and, most of all, celebrated—because that’s what being a Disneyland Resort Legacy Passholder is all about!

For a limited time, Annual Passholders save 30% on select merchandise at select Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street locations! This offer is valid Monday through Thursday, beginning January 18 through February 25, 2021. As a reminder, on days when the 30% savings offer is not available and after this special offer has ended, Annual Passholders who held active Passports as of March 14, 2020 will continue to receive applicable discounts, based on their Passport type, on merchandise and food and beverages at select Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street locations until new membership offerings are announced."

Mac Tonight

Maybe it's just me, but I think the concept of being a Legacy Passholder might be a bit misleading.

It sounds like a concept where people get to keep their old pass with it's old perks and somehow be grandfathered in to a new system. I mean shoot, if I wasn't one already, I'd love the sound of being a legacy passholder!

Last edited:

Tamandua

View attachment 527100
"Thank you for your loyalty and for having been a Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder during this unprecedented time of our Parks' closure. To show our appreciation until new membership offerings are announced, we thought a couple perks, and a new title was in order—Passholders who held active Passports as of March 14, 2020 are now Disneyland Resort Legacy Passholders.

Legacy Passholders can still enjoy some of those ever-so-magical extras that celebrate you. Like when you get the chance to scoop up some special merchandise or enjoy some food and beverage offerings. Or those special surprise and delight moments. And of course, there are those fantastic Passport discounts that have been extended for a limited time—from food and beverage offerings to shopping at select locations all around Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street.

It’s the magic that makes being a Disneyland Resort Legacy Passholder such an unforgettable experience. And that’s just for starters—we’re working on adding more magic during this limited time!

So, get ready to be surprised...delighted...and, most of all, celebrated—because that’s what being a Disneyland Resort Legacy Passholder is all about!

For a limited time, Annual Passholders save 30% on select merchandise at select Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street locations! This offer is valid Monday through Thursday, beginning January 18 through February 25, 2021. As a reminder, on days when the 30% savings offer is not available and after this special offer has ended, Annual Passholders who held active Passports as of March 14, 2020 will continue to receive applicable discounts, based on their Passport type, on merchandise and food and beverages at select Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street locations until new membership offerings are announced."

"How do we sell our clearance merch while trying to make passholders feel less upset?"
"Let's create a Legacy Passholder program that gives discounts on 'select merchandise' during slow business periods."
"That's just crazy enough to work!"

mickEblu

I mean the legacy program was meant to personally screw you, mickEblu, over because you didn't renew your pass.

Lol. Oh well. I think it’s just a bone they re throwing ex passholders until the next program is announced. If these were some grandfathered in benefits until the end of time id be pi$$ed.

Tamandua

I wonder if a material amount of passholders moved out of state during the last year. It's no secret that people are leaving California in droves. I wonder what impact that would have on their numbers if the old system stayed intact?

denyuntilcaught

This entire program was designed to screw you over, according to sources familiar with Bob Iger's thinking.
Or.

Or.

Or.

It's a way to honor those who purchased passes in early 2020 who felt screwed because of the pandemic, versus whose who got to fully enjoy their passes up until they expired immediately before the park closure.

Giss Neric

I am sure they want Annual passholders. They just don't want them "living" in the park which is what was happening in the recent years. The plan is to eliminate all the little things that made showing up to the park every day or every week easy. So expect to be nickeled and dimed every time a passholder try to go to a park.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

View attachment 527100

yay? "congrats! you used to have a pass here are some discounts to stop your crying until you have to spend to get a new membership"

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Or.

Or.

Or.

It's a way to honor those who purchased passes in early 2020 who felt screwed because of the pandemic, versus whose who got to fully enjoy their passes up until they expired immediately before the park closure.
Their refund is how they are being honored. Disney owes them nothing but their money back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom