News Disneyland cancels Annual Pass program

Disstevefan1

367144A5-D37A-4FF6-887A-149EFFD8B08F.jpeg

Brad Bishop

I can't wait to see how they spin it.

Going in you know you're not going to get the same deal as before. You're not going to get the unlimited visits 365 except as a very high price tag.

At the same time, you know that they're going to spin it like they're doing you a favor.

I bet the use the word "magic" a lot.

CaptinEO

People should have expectations in order. Reservations needed even after covid, limited benefits, no full premium pass, you have to pick and choose what matters to you most.

If theres a good one with included parking I'll consider it. My days of being able to go once a month are long gone though.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

That to me implies you believe it will be somewhat the same?

big amount of faith
I dont think it will be quite the same. Having to reserve a day in advance to enter the park is what I’m assuming and I am fully ok with that. I had a photo pass included with my Signature pass and I can assume that will also no longer be the case. I spend around $1500 a ticket for my season seats to the Ducks. I go to about 30 of the 41 games a year. It makes a lot more sense to me to buy season seats at a discounted rate for the whole season than paying face value for 30 games. Same can be said for the Disneyland Annual Pass. I go about once or sometimes twice a month and it makes more economical for me to get an AP. Even if there is less benefits now and in the future, the pass is always a better deal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whatever it is, it won’t be $850 for 3x 2 day park hoppers that I just purchased.

you mean the $2150 “DVC discount” 6 day tickets I bought recently?

or the $1150 2 day hopper + I’m probably getting for a halfsie stay with universal late in the summer? (Uni much better deal...WAYYY better)?

you see what I’m getting at?
I’m a noted Disney critic and I’m still paying...there are many more with no knowledge or sycophants who are also paying.

don’t doubt they won’t blow the prices out of the water. They know their marks and are good with data.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I dont think it will be quite the same. Having to reserve a day in advance to enter the park is what I’m assuming and I am fully ok with that. I had a photo pass included with my Signature pass and I can assume that will also no longer be the case. I spend around $1500 a ticket for my season seats to the Ducks. I go to about 30 of the 41 games a year. It makes a lot more sense to me to buy season seats at a discounted rate for the whole season than paying face value for 30 games. Same can be said for the Disneyland Annual Pass. I go about once or sometimes twice a month and it makes more economical for me to get an AP. Even if there is less benefits now and in the future, the pass is always a better deal.

how much more are you willing to pay? Is what I’m getting at. Where’s the ceiling?

and sorry about the ducks...my pens are so forlorn they’re a stretch to win their division 🤪🐧

mickEblu

you mean the $2150 “DVC discount” 6 day tickets I bought recently?

or the $1150 2 day hopper + I’m probably getting for a halfsie stay with universal late in the summer? (Uni much better deal...WAYYY better)?

you see what I’m getting at?
I’m a noted Disney critic and I’m still paying...there are many more with no knowledge or sycophants who are also paying.

don’t doubt they won’t blow the prices out of the water. They know their marks and are good with data.

People are paying because they want to get their fix in after a long time away. This isn’t sustainable.

Sorry thought I understood your point until your last paragraph. So you agree the discounts in the membership program will be somewhere between paying full price and the old hefty AP discounts?

Jiggsawpuzzle35

how much more are you willing to pay? Is what I’m getting at. Where’s the ceiling?

and sorry about the ducks...my pens are so forlorn they’re a stretch to win their division 🤪🐧
I’m willing to pay from $1,200 to $1,500. I don’t drink nor party. My entertainment is going to Disneyland, Ducks games, and Angels games. Those are the only things I enjoy in my life besides my family. USH, Knotts, Sea World, they are all more affordable but I don’t get the same joy and satisfaction going to those places as I do with going to Disneyland. The Ducks have stunk for the pass 3 years and will again next year. The benefit is that I save money on buying playoff tickets and also we get to draft good players. I’m praying they stink bad next season so we can draft Shane Wright who is the next generational hockey player.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
When it comes to tier levels, they will probably do something similar to what they had where the higher and more expensive the tier the more available days you have. The difference will be that they will probably force everyone below a premium pass level to reserve days like they did with the flex pass to mitigate crowds. It also may be possible the lower-end tiers can only go on Tier-1 to Tier-3 single-day ticket equivalent days.

I doubt monthly payments will go away.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m willing to pay from $1,200 to $1,500. I don’t drink nor party. My entertainment is going to Disneyland, Ducks games, and Angels games. Those are the only things I enjoy in my life besides my family. USH, Knotts, Sea World, they are all more affordable but I don’t get the same joy and satisfaction going to those places as I do with going to Disneyland. The Ducks have stunk for the pass 3 years and will again next year. The benefit is that I save money on buying playoff tickets and also we get to draft good players. I’m praying they stink bad next season so we can draft Shane Wright who is the next generational hockey player.

gotcha...

I think $1500 might be light to get what you want though.

Disney fans have been so stupid/against their self interest these last 10 years.

keep paying. Mostly us east coasters...
So stupid. We don’t control them
And they will never control themselves.
Old guard is gone and it isn’t coming back.

HairyChest

max I’ll go is $800 WITH parking. blackouts For Christmas New Years and Easter I’m ok with too. Sweet spot price for me though would be $600 and under.
I was happy with the flex pass except the no parking part.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
max I’ll go is $800 WITH parking. blackouts For Christmas New Years and Easter I’m ok with too. Sweet spot price for me though would be $600 and under.
I was happy with the flex pass except the no parking part.

that’s north of $1000 in Orlando already...and about to get nasty.

and the Bob’s don’t consider us “the problem”...it’s yous guys

Vegas Disney Fan

When it comes to tier levels, they will probably do something similar to what they had where the higher and more expensive the tier the more available days you have. The difference will be that they will probably force everyone below a premium pass level to reserve days like they did with the flex pass to mitigate crowds. It also may be possible the lower-end tiers can only go on Tier-1 to Tier-3 single-day ticket equivalent days.

I doubt monthly payments will go away.
I think similar, I think the low level passes will disappear and be replaced by a severely restricted Flex pass for $500 (no summer, weekends, holidays, etc), a less restricted Flex pass for $1000 (no Christmas, etc), a Signature pass not requiring reservations for $1500 (no Christmas season), and a completely unrestricted pass for $2000.

I’m really curious if parking will be included with passes now though, I think even an AP discounted $10 parking fee is a good deterrent from people coming every day, or at least guaranteed income if they do.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think similar, I think the low level passes will disappear and be replaced by a severely restricted Flex pass for $500 (no summer, weekends, holidays, etc), a less restricted Flex pass for $1000 (no Christmas, etc), a Signature pass not requiring reservations for $1500 (no Christmas season), and a completely unrestricted pass for $2000.

I’m really curious if parking will be included with passes now though, I think even an AP discounted $10 parking fee is a good deterrent from people coming every day, or at least guaranteed income if they do.

I think you’re in the ballpark for Anaheim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom