Disneyland Canada

MickeyMouse10

35045.jpg

steamwheel.png

Since I’m going Alien with my Magic Kingdom version in the other thread. This time around I’d go with a Steampunk aesthetic for the Canadian version.

Journey to the Center of the Earth
----- (slot car dark ride, similar to the tokyo version)

Discovery Land Airships
----- (aerial carousel, similar to astro orbiter)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
----- (motorcycle rollercoaster, similar to tron)

Steampowered Transport
----- (omnimover, similar to peoplemover)

From the Earth to the Moon
----- (rollercoaster, similar to Space Mountain)

Restaurants and Shops

Rivets, The Observatory, Apothecary, Spyglass, Quartermaster

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

You haven’t picked a city yet for this resort, correct? I analyzed the possibility of a resort near Toronto in my thread (see below). It got relatively high marks for the IP familiarity and distance from another major theme park. The Population is relatively small there, which is one of the downsides.

MickeyMouse10

Yep, Waz never said where he'd put it in Canada. Toronto would definitely be in My top 5 for locations though.

But I'd probably want to go with a city that is more centrally located. So it is in a more triangular shape from it's sister resorts Disneyland and Disney World. So I'd say my Number 1 choice would be...

Medicine Hat, Alberta. Which is known as "The Sunniest City in Canada" and is located near Montana.

runners up would include two British Columbia cities

Victoria, BC. Which is known as "Canada's most consistent weather" and Osoyoos, BC, known as “Canada’s warmest welcome”. Both of which are located near Washington State.

Last edited:

Rambozo

Where are all the IP’s in Discovery Land? You know Disney will want to make money off of them. That is their sole purpose for making rides now.

MickeyMouse10

8ab5a4cf9a843ccc45b69e121226983e895f0823.jpg

… Well for now there would be only 2 IP’s in "Discovery Land". It is something you really have to think about when it comes to this section and the theming. What fits? What doesn’t? I don’t want to put in an IP that would ruin the whole land. In fact I think overall it would be best to keep all of the attractions un-IP based, except for 1.

The 2 “Discovery Land” IP’s, would both be found on the “Steampowered Transport”. Which is the DLC’s version of “the Peoplemover” at the Magic Kingdom. Old friends Dreamfinder and Figment can be found along one of the side areas. In steampunk form from head to toe … or claw in Figments case. They would be in the area where the original Epcot model is usually found in Florida. I figured they fit perfectly because of their “New Appearances” and because they are all about “Discovering your Imagination”.

The other one… people may not agree with, but I figured he fits with both the “Discovery” and “Appearance” aspects of the land.

48f1daaa533bf81d645f21d16101e33c.jpg

B.E.N. from “Treasure Planet” will serve as the narrator of the attraction and will appear briefly in animatronic form. He’s voiced masterfully by legendary Canadian comedian Martin Short. Whose no stranger to Disney attractions, he was the main narrator for “O’Canada”, which used to be at Epcot’s Canada pavilion.

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

Yep, we know already that “Journey to the Center” has a cool looking monster. Because many of us have already seen the Tokyo version. They say he/she is reminiscent of the “Alien Encounter” creature.

wazowski_216

Original Poster
8ab5a4cf9a843ccc45b69e121226983e895f0823.jpg

… Well for now there would be only 2 IP’s in "Discovery Land". It is something you really have to think about when it comes to this section and the theming. What fits? What doesn’t? I don’t want to put in an IP that would ruin the whole land. In fact I think overall it would be best to keep all of the attractions un-IP based, except for 1.

The 2 “Discovery Land” IP’s, would both be found on the “Steampowered Transport”. Which is the DLC’s version of “the Peoplemover” at the Magic Kingdom. Old friends Dreamfinder and Figment can be found along one of the side areas. In steampunk form from head to toe … or claw in Figments case. They would be in the area where the original Epcot model is usually found in Florida. I figured they fit perfectly because of their “New Appearances” and because they are all about “Discovering your Imagination”.

a91e4ded-35fd-461b-91e4-4017512a5738-profile_image-300x300.png

The other one… people may not agree with, but I figured he fits with both the “Discovery” and “Appearance” aspects of the land.

B.E.N. from “Treasure Planet” will serve as the narrator of the attraction and will appear briefly in animatronic form. He’s voiced masterfully by legendary Canadian comedian Martin Short. Whose no stranger to Disney attractions, he was the main narrator for “O’Canada”, which used to be at Epcot’s Canada pavilion.
B.E.N!!!!!!

also R.I.P O'Canada

MickeyMouse10

B.E.N!!!!!!

LOL, I know.

Some people would be like "What the... ?" and "Why would you do that... ?" But it actually makes sense. The animatronic version would be a great addition to the land.

.... but I'd steer clear of the meet and greet version though. Is that a pocket or a f@nny pack?

5884867247_a4e8be9f0f_z.jpg

Goofy Ninja

I still say they should have Steve Perry from “Journey” on the ride. The mullet version of course. ... and not an animatronic either... the real thing.

s75.jpeg

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

376332_3_1024x1024.jpg

The airships would add some atmosphere to the land. Much like Astro orbiters does for it’s lands around the world. It furthers the story of exploration for it’s residents and new visitors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom