Disneyland Canada

Miru

If I was doing a park...

I’d like to try to do something different than the usual Castle Park format. I would have the lands begin halfway on main street on either side. And each of the lands could be variations of the usual ones.

Sorry for the crude photoshop, it isn't perfectly to scale.

View attachment 572010
A more squared-off shape is a good motif for the park. One land bigger than the others is also cool. I myself have experimented with things like a land with an overall darker tone, a Adventureland untouched by human hands, Toontown, etc.

MickeyMouse10

A more squared-off shape is a good motif for the park. One land bigger than the others is also cool. I myself have experimented with things like a land with an overall darker tone, a Adventureland untouched by human hands, Toontown, etc.

You got me intrigued about the Adventureland. What would it have overgrown plants and trees? Like the jungle has taken it over?

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
If I was doing a park...

I’d like to try to do something different than the usual Castle Park format. I would have the lands begin halfway on main street on either side. And each of the lands could be variations of the usual ones.

Sorry for the crude photoshop, it isn't perfectly to scale.

View attachment 572010
I agree with this to an extent. The land layout and squarish shape are good, but I don’t think having land entrances from Main Street would be a good idea, simply because it gives you less control over how guests experience the park.

In Disneyland, almost every land has a major entrance and a major exit. For instance, Adventureland has an entrance in the Hub and an exit into Frontierland. The only possible ways for guests to enter the land are from the “entrance” and the “exit”. By adding more entrances, you can’t control what the guest sees as he enters the land.

And without Main Street leading exclusively to the Hub, you lose the “grand entrance.” Instead of walking up MS to the castle, you could turn off of it and go somewhere else. It diminishes the effect, and to an extent makes the park more confusing to navigate.

MickeyMouse10

I agree with this to an extent. The land layout and squarish shape are good, but I don’t think having land entrances from Main Street would be a good idea, simply because it gives you less control over how guests experience the park.

In Disneyland, almost every land has a major entrance and a major exit. For instance, Adventureland has an entrance in the Hub and an exit into Frontierland. The only possible ways for guests to enter the land are from the “entrance” and the “exit”. By adding more entrances, you can’t control what the guest sees as he enters the land.

And without Main Street leading exclusively to the Hub, you lose the “grand entrance.” Instead of walking up MS to the castle, you could turn off of it and go somewhere else. It diminishes the effect, and to an extent makes the park more confusing to navigate.

For those who want to stare at the castle they can still take the Hub way. But for those who go often and don't need to make sexy eyes at the castle there's the Main Street ways.

It's just options, that could spread out the crowds effectively.

MickeyMouse10

ok so do we have any ride ideas for Adventureland?

I have:

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Indy Jones
Raging Spirits from Tokyo DisneySea

I was thinking..... each section could have a mountain.

The 5 mountains of Disneyland Canada

Fantasyland – Bald Mountain
Frontierland – Big Thunder Mountain
Tomorrowland – Space Mountain
Adventureland – Fire Mountain
Pirates Cove – Skull Mountain

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom