Disneyland 70th Anniversary Thread - Wishlist, Rumors, Speculation, Announcements

PiratesMansion

If I remember correctly it was just John Stamos saying next year is Disneyland's 70th and that image appeared on the big screen.
I guess I'm going to assume they'll announce something later because it seems pointless to make a logo and then (apparently) quickly move on from it without something coming later that contains more substance...or so I hope.

AJFireman

Gusey

We don't know yet. Normally, these anniversaries last over a year, probably starting in January, but we don't know for definite yet. The only thing we know is that the Walt animatronic will debut during the 70th anniversary

mickEblu

Anyone know what dates to expect for the anniversary?

The 50th and 60th started in May so I'll go with May. But then again Disney 100 started in January. Considering that Disneyland's birthday is 7/17 starting the anniversary celebration in mid to late January 2025 would mean the celebration would last 1 year and 7 months which is too long. So I'm going with May 2025. Possibly June if they are trying to start the celebration after the lower tier pass holders are blocked out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The 50th and 60th started in May so I'll go with May. But then again Disney 100 started in January. Considering that Disneyland's birthday is 7/17 starting the anniversary celebration in mid to late January 2025 would mean the celebration would last 1 year and 7 months which is too long. So I'm going with May 2025. Possibly June if they are trying to start the celebration after the lower tier pass holders are blocked out.
April is also not out of the realm of possibilities either, so they can capture the spring crowds.

Squishy

Anyone know if the rooftop flame throwers have been removed or is there a chance they return for the 70th? Halloween screams is back again with no flame throwers this year.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Anyone know if the rooftop flame throwers have been removed or is there a chance they return for the 70th? Halloween screams is back again with no flame throwers this year.
I think they've been retired permanently, I assumed they would have come back when fire returned to world of color and everywhere else worldwide but I think the effect is just gone forever at this point.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Listen one of their most iconic animatronics already burned down so they're being as careful as they can - imagine the dispair if the castle burnt down. That would be absolutely awful. Hence why they've removed them. I've heard they may come back in some modified safer form later on, but not now. Not for a while. Most likely during the castle refurb this winter they'll bring them back in some way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom