Disneyland 70th Anniversary Thread - Wishlist, Rumors, Speculation, Announcements

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Possible, but they've never done that before so not sure why they'd start now.
Well, not everything that happens with Disney has to be set with a precedent. As the saying goes, "There's a first time for everything."

But even if that's not the case, I think you are right that we probably won't get details on the 70th until after the holidays are over...include PtN info (if it is slated for the 70th and not before). I don't believe the PtN announcement was any indication that we will get 70th info sooner than that.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They've very clearly brought back MSEP during times where they anticipated fan backlash, though.

No reason they can't just switch to the other night parade on occasion.
I can maybe buy the announcement maybe had been done early for that reason, maybe. But sorry I can’t believe they brought back PtN out of a 7 year hiatus just to distract from a single price increase. What did they do to distract from last years price increase? Oh that’s right nothing.

Plus don’t think it distracted people as I still see the increase talked about all over the place. So yeah sorry guys don’t think it’s for that reason.

PiratesMansion

I can maybe buy the announcement maybe had been done early for that reason, maybe. But sorry I can’t believe they brought back PtN out of a 7 year hiatus just to distract from a single price increase. What did they do to distract from last years price increase? Oh that’s right nothing.

Plus don’t think it distracted people as I still see the increase talked about all over the place. So yeah sorry guys don’t think it’s for that reason.
Not saying they're doing PTN for one price increase, but it's disingenuous to say that when they trotted out MSEP in the past, they always did so just because.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I can maybe buy the announcement maybe had been done early for that reason, maybe. But sorry I can’t believe they brought back PtN out of a 7 year hiatus just to distract from a single price increase.
I never said they brought back PtN solely for the purpose to distract from the price increase. I said the announcement of PtN was to distract.....as in they revealed its return early as opposed to announcing it when they announce the rest of the 70th.
What did they do to distract from last years price increase? Oh that’s right nothing.
So what? Are you saying Disney is not allowed to employ a marketing strategy of distraction because they had never done so in the past? They could have announced PtN any time. They also could have told us the date and park it is going in. They didn't because the whole purpose was to get people excited......two days after a tough price increase.
So the effect negates the intention? Your reasoning for believing that Disney didn't announce PtN to distract people is because people are still talking about the price increases? That makes no sense.

"I shot the ball with the intent to go into the hoop, but because it didn't go into the hoop clearly my objective was to miss."

🤔

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I never said they brought back PtN solely for the purpose to distract from the price increase. I said the announcement of PtN was to distract.....as in they revealed its return early as opposed to announcing it when they announce the rest of the 70th.

So what? Are you saying Disney is not allowed to employ a marketing strategy of distraction because they had never done so in the past? They could have announced PtN any time. They also could have told us the date and park it is going in. They didn't because the whole purpose was to get people excited......two days after a tough price increase.

So the effect negates the intention? Your reasoning for believing that Disney didn't announce PtN to distract people is because people are still talking about the price increases? That makes no sense.

"I shot the ball with the intent to go into the hoop, but because it didn't go into the hoop clearly my objective was to miss."

🤔
However we don't know that was Disney's intention, this is just your assumption that was their intention. For all we know this was just the beginning of 70th announcements, and that Disney will slow drip out the rest of 70th information over the course of the next couple months, we just don't know. So I just don't agree with your assumption.

I'm just saying that I find it less likely they made the PtN announcement to distract from the announcement of the price increases, even if that was a side effect of the announcement (even if it didn't actually distract at all).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not saying they're doing PTN for one price increase, but it's disingenuous to say that when they trotted out MSEP in the past, they always did so just because.
Look no one here knows the reasons why Disney made the announcement when they did. But I choose to believe it wasn't for the reason you and chad are claiming of distraction from a price increase. If you all want to believe it was for that reason be my guest. But until otherwise proven I don't see any reason to believe that, especially since it didn't work.

But lets so for a second that you all are right, so what. PtN is returning, and it appears to be part of the 70th celebration. So really it doesn't matter the reasoning for the announcement now, the fact it was announced at all should be all that matters.

PiratesMansion

Look no one here knows the reasons why Disney made the announcement when they did. But I choose to believe it wasn't for the reason you and chad are claiming of distraction from a price increase. If you all want to believe it was for that reason be my guest. But until otherwise proven I don't see any reason to believe that, especially since it didn't work.

But lets so for a second that you all are right, so what. PtN is returning, and it appears to be part of the 70th celebration. So really it doesn't matter the reasoning for the announcement now, the fact it was announced at all should be all that matters.
I literally said I'm not saying they're doing PTN for one price increase.

Yes, there was a but and some other stuff afterwards (none of which said for sure they were doing this with PTN, incidentally), but my main impression is that you didn't actually read my post at all.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I literally said I'm not saying they're doing PTN for one price increase.

Yes, there was a but and some other stuff afterwards (none of which said for sure they were doing this with PTN, incidentally), but my main impression is that you didn't actually read my post at all.
I did read your post, and maybe I extrapolated more than what you intended to say in your original post. Especially since you were talking about exchanging MSEP for PtN when Disney needs to trot out something to squash any guest negativity. Sorry about that. I got that you're not saying that they brought back PtN just for this price increase. Which is why I moved on from that. But I don't think you understood where I was coming from in this second post you responded to in which I was talking just about the announcement and its timing, not the reasoning for bringing back the parade in the first place. And at this point I think we're just talking past each other, it happens.

Bottom line to round this up, I don't feel there is any marketing ploy to distract from the price increase with this PtN announcement. Sometimes a coincidence in timing is just a coincidence in timing.

SuddenStorm

Bringing back the parade the debuted for the 60th anniversary and should have been running this whole time for the 70th is the perfect example of what modern Disneyland is all about!

DCBaker

Premium Member

mickEblu

Perhaps this?

Thanks for sharing. Wow, how many times can they repackage Walt Disneys Disneyland story?

Doesn’t matter. I’m buying it. Pretty proud of my Disney(land- mostly) book collection. Gotta keep it going.

ED36246B-E6D4-4DFE-9E5B-24C0F2216CD5.jpeg

D9052087-C05C-452F-ACCB-6897F2E78368.jpeg

598FBA26-D230-4F80-A31B-CDB0E9A71BA8.jpeg

61DF6D90-9BC8-455A-A2DE-FFFEB27F65B0.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr. Sullivan

Thanks for sharing. Wow, how many times can they repackage Walt Disneys Disneyland story?

Doesn’t matter. I’m buying it. Pretty proud of my Disney(land- mostly) book collection. Gotta keep it going.

View attachment 821084

View attachment 821085

View attachment 821086

View attachment 821087
It's not Disneyland specific (though it includes a lot about it of course), but do you think you'll ever add The Imagineering Story to the collection? I loved the miniseries on Disney+ and have read the book digitally (it's wonderful). But it's not been printed in paperback yet which is the style I would prefer to have it in. It's an odd quirk of mine but I really don't like hardback books, and I don't even really know why.

mickEblu

It's not Disneyland specific (though it includes a lot about it of course), but do you think you'll ever add The Imagineering Story to the collection? I loved the miniseries on Disney+ and have read the book digitally (it's wonderful). But it's not been printed in paperback yet which is the style I would prefer to have it in. It's an odd quirk of mine but I really don't like hardback books, and I don't even really know why.

Probably not. I think i remember enjoying that but was that one that started out good and then (unsurprisingly and understandably) started getting less enjoyable/ accurate the closer we got to present day/ Igers reign? Or was that another show?

Mr. Sullivan

Probably not. I think i remember enjoying that but was that one that started out good and then (unsurprisingly and understandably) started getting less enjoyable/ accurate the closer we got to present day/ Igers reign? Or was that another show?
It’s been a bit since I’ve seen it but I remember it being fairly warts and all about all of it. Though I understand the book itself goes further into things than the documentary itself does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom