News Disney World theme park tickets increase in price for 2025

Tha Realest

Watch how quickly that blows up in their face and it’s rescinded
Wendy’s is a shell of its former self. Mid 90’s to early 00’s it had a primo spot as a fast food place that had quality a touch above its competitors (McD’s and BK). Once Five Guys and the like came along it’s like they gave up.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Disney has made things so stupidly complicated that it is also putting so many off.
X1000

The lowest hanging fruit Disney can pluck to make guests want to come...or come back is to make the experience stupid simple. The entire way guests interface with the experience is atrocious. I would even say that they could probably get a boost in per guest spending if they simplified EVERYTHING.

Disney Park veterans love to plan, I did the spreadsheets too, it was fun and built excitement. Now planning has become an expensive chore. Surely someone at the such a self-proclaimed creative company can put their talents to use and make this better.

monothingie

Premium Member
I think UO is going to have to discount heavily until the new park opens. I know I’m delaying my trip until then. I’m sure many others are as well.
It's not just USO that has to do this. General economic malaise and sky high pricing is probably more of a factor affecting attendance than guests waiting for 2025.

Ironically when SWGE opened in 2019, that summer was dead. ROTR was still not ready, but still everyone stayed away because they were expecting it to be a mess and it left Disney scrambling to plug the attendance hole with discounts they didn't expect to need.

Trauma

It's not just USO that has to do this. General economic malaise and sky high pricing is probably more of a factor affecting attendance than guests waiting for 2025.

Ironically when SWGE opened in 2019, that summer was dead. ROTR was still not ready, but still everyone stayed away because they were expecting it to be a mess and it left Disney scrambling to plug the attendance hole with discounts they didn't expect to need.
I can’t see the future but unless we are in complete economic collapse when the park opens, I think UO is going to be slammed.

monothingie

Premium Member
Last edited:

wannabeBelle

I just priced out a 5 night stay at Portofino Versus AKL for a Club Level Room at each in May

USO with Tickets/Club Level Hotel/Express Pass was $3400

Disney AKL Club Level Hotel only was $4100 (AP Price with no tickets and no G+)
The point is there, but a better equivalent resort for Portofino would be the Grand Floridian, which I'm sure would price even higher. Marie

monothingie

Premium Member
The point is there, but a better equivalent resort for Portofino would be the Grand Floridian, which I'm sure would price even higher. Marie
I intentionally picked the cheapest available Disney Club Level room. If you went GF, the cost goes to $6800 with an AP Discount...which is now double the price without tickets and G+. That is insane.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thing about Universal is that they keep things simple. Day pricing may be on par with Disney but when you see offers like buy a 2 day ticket and get 2 days free, it grabs peoples attention. want to skip the lines, sure and $100 so that much fewer people benefit.

Disney has made things so stupidly complicated that it is also putting so many off.

It would cost Billions which they won't want to spend but why not rework their whole IT system up again from scratch. I would have it like the Apple Store when you custom build a Mac. Have the base product and then clear add ons for each upgrade like $100 a day for DDP. $20 extra per day for park hopping. The more you spend the more you save. Allow everything to be pre-booked in advance at the same time. Dining, Genie+
The point of Disney pricing is to lock you in to as many things as possible
They see a la carte as “losses”

As far a uni goes…I wonder if they will continue the buy 2-get 2 type stuff?

You never needed 4 days

Now with epic you may be able to gobble up 5-6 days

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I intentionally picked the cheapest available Disney Club Level room. If you went GF, the cost goes to $6800 with an AP Discount...which is now double the price without tickets and G+. That is insane.
And since dak is a better designed/operated hotel…the cost difference there is 100% labeling

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Booked for spring of 2025, which will be the first trip back since 2021. Not thrilled with those tickets prices, but the kids have been asking to go back. I don't think we will be going back once a year or so like we did in the past.

Smiley/OCD

If Wendys dynamic pricing works out for them to boost profits it is not if but when other fast food companies follow suit. Sometimes thinking out of the box will be met with expected feedback .
Just imagine standing in line and watching your meal INCREASE in price as you wait…think fights and lawsuits were bad over a slice of cheese or a loose coffee lid??
Just wait…there’s a whole group taking the bar in the spring just SALIVATING over this…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom