Disney World Hauntings

All4Gemini

Well no matter which station it was at, or if it was just half way in between and no where near either, the abandoned Fantasyland station (which is now a small character greeting area I believe) always gives me the creeps when I go around there. Just looking up at it is disturbing.

meanmice

Originally posted by Main Street USA
The maintenance worker who was killed while working on the Skyway didn't fall from the station, he fell from one of the cabs.

He was, indeed, working at one of the stations (don't know which one), but the ride started up unexpectedly. He was unable to avoid being pushed from the platform and wasn't wearing his safety harness. So, instead of falling the 15 feet to the ground, his reaction was to grab onto the cab and hang on. Well, during one of the higher points, he lost his grip, and fell. Therefore, it wasn't necessarily the one in Tomorrowland.

It was closer to the one in Fantasyland but not at the station, I remember because it happend when we were on vacation there (one of the most depressing birthdays of my life for many reasons including that one). It happened, if I remember right, five years ago yesterday... I could be wrong, so don't quote me. They had the area where he landed roped off and you could see that he landed in the bushes because they were all messed up.

It goes without saying that anytime I walk by that area now, I can't help but remember what happened.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by meanmice
It was the one in Fantasyland, I remember because it happend when we were on vacation there (one of the most depressing birthdays of my life for many reasons including that one). It happened, if I remember right, five years ago yesterday... I could be wrong, so don't quote me. They had the area where he landed roped off and you could see that he landed in the bushes because they were all messed up.

Thanks for clearing up which station it was. And yeah, I do remember hearing something about a tree or bushes as well. Very, very sad.

AviMM

Originally posted by xfkirsten
One of the other "hot spots" in Disneyland's Mansion is one of the Stretch Rooms. I can't recall offhand which it is, but I THINK it's the one you go into if you go straight when you enter the building, as oppose to going left. Anyways, CMs have reported having bad chills in that room when it's quiet. Now, after guests are dropped off, the room goes back up, much faster and without the light/sound effects, etc. It basically justs goes up like a big elevator, nothing special. This I can confirm, as my friend and I rode up and down a few times just for the fun of it. ;) On occasion, though, I've heard reports that the soundtrack would come on, and play BACKWARDS as the elevator moved back up, and all the effects would go off. Some CMs have even said that they've seen personal effects get shot across the room seemingly by magic.

Maybe the imagineers did that...after all they have played tricks on the janitors at imagineering with the haunted mansion stuff

AviMM

Also...does anyone get teary during Disney rides/show? I do pretty often. I don't think it has to do with 'ghosts' or anything but does that happen to anyone else?

btw does anyone get kind of nervous/creeped out by the bride in the atic?

All4Gemini

Originally posted by AviMM
Also...does anyone get teary during Disney rides/show? I do pretty often. I don't think it has to do with 'ghosts' or anything but does that happen to anyone else?

btw does anyone get kind of nervous/creeped out by the bride in the atic?

The bride in the attic is freaky. We got stuck one time in the ride, i guess either they had to unload a handicapped person or somethin, but we were right beside the bride in the attic and i just stared at her and she started to freak me out. But then again, I guess it's just an experience of the ride!

KingdomHearts

I've read all these posts, and just gotta say i'm the complete oppisite of most of you :lol: During some of the strange places, i'm the most relaxed and having fun. Haunted Mansion has me laughing all the way through, the rides that go down backwards i normally take a quick nap :animwink: and never notice any strange feelings at any other places. I don't disagree with any of you, i've heard all of this disney lore before, so it must have some credibilty, but i have never felt anything strange at Disney. The only time i was freaked out is one day when i didn't have to wait in line for Space, Splash, and Big Thunder Mountain :D

no2apprentice

This has been an interesting post, and to everyones credit, a post with no flaming or arguments. Considering the potential controversy of the topic and subjects discussed, it's kind of unique and neat.

I, also, have never felt anything weird or strange at WDW. There was that one time, though, when I was getting FastPass at Jungle Cruise, and discovered I was missing a room key card. Saying I was freaking out is putting it mildly.

What I find interesting is that my wife, a person who "senses" things, has never mentioned anything unusual during our visits to WDW. After reading everyones posts, I am curious now if she's felt something, but didn't say anything on fear of freaking out our kids. Or, my "non-sensing" energy cancelled out her "sensing" energy. Or, she was just too exhausted to care.

WDWhumanmap

here is a conformation on all the stories

these things everyone hears about george etc. are mostly rumors.
there are truth to some the haunted mansion only at disney world not land is haunted. 2 cast member have died b/c of a fately tarot card reading by the great spirit of madame leota. truth was that they thought someone was trying to scare them by moving the tarot cards but fact is they are glued down no one can move them so how can a death card be off the table and nailed on the wall its fate. there are also many a story that the real leota and others still haunt the people who make fun of the mansion so truth is a ghost really does follow you home. if you aren't nice.
tower of terrors ghost is false fact is its just lights and its in the people's minds so much cast members who don't work at tower go along with it.
there is a ghost with a similar story to george at gmr. i know this b/c i always get vibes when there also my friends say werid things happen on the spot my friend mark actually put into the hospital b/c the car ran over his foot as he walked in front of it to get off.
alien encounter is another one i think it was b/c someone died in the orginal ride mission to mars in the second room which is the one in the far back.
other than those i can't conferm others. those are the ones i know as true.

bigbadwolf

No one has really talked about the people mover.
There have been some deaths on that ride before.-I think 3..
I know 2 of them.
The accidents are closely the same, both involve college students, and both dared to jump the space between the opposite moving cars.
The 1st guy got his legs caught, he jumped to early, and he ended up getting smashed in between both of the cars.
The other guy jumped waaay way to early; he got his foot caught in the front of the car. He was dragged until the passengers screams where heard by the CM at the controls.

Both of course died... That’s why you see that sign before entering the tunnel and when you pass by the opposite moving car.
I highly recommend avoiding this death trap...
:lookaroun

xfkirsten

Re: here is a conformation on all the stories

Originally posted by WDWhumanmap
these things everyone hears about george etc. are mostly rumors.
there are truth to some the haunted mansion only at disney world not land is haunted. 2 cast member have died b/c of a fately tarot card reading by the great spirit of madame leota. truth was that they thought someone was trying to scare them by moving the tarot cards but fact is they are glued down no one can move them so how can a death card be off the table and nailed on the wall its fate. there are also many a story that the real leota and others still haunt the people who make fun of the mansion so truth is a ghost really does follow you home. if you aren't nice.
tower of terrors ghost is false fact is its just lights and its in the people's minds so much cast members who don't work at tower go along with it.
there is a ghost with a similar story to george at gmr. i know this b/c i always get vibes when there also my friends say werid things happen on the spot my friend mark actually put into the hospital b/c the car ran over his foot as he walked in front of it to get off.
alien encounter is another one i think it was b/c someone died in the orginal ride mission to mars in the second room which is the one in the far back.
other than those i can't conferm others. those are the ones i know as true.

Out of curiosity, how can you be so sure which are true and which are false? There's no way to prove ANYthing here, as either haunted or not. All we can go on is experiences and gut feelings.

-Kirsten

Slipknot

Re: Re: here is a conformation on all the stories

Originally posted by xfkirsten
Out of curiosity, how can you be so sure which are true and which are false? There's no way to prove ANYthing here, as either haunted or not. All we can go on is experiences and gut feelings.

-Kirsten

Seems to me like she wants to be the all-knowing one in this thread. Just what we needed. Soon there will be arguing and bickering about her posts. UGH!!!!

bluesnut

Na we can rise above that stuff. When I said proven ones I meant where we know someone has died not necessarily that we know it is haunted. I'm not sure we will ever know that, we will just have to get a consensus on our gut feelings.

That's it we will put a "GC" after the ones we all go and try in person on our next trip and that we all agree on. "GC" Gut Consensus.:lol:

bluesnut

That would be too cool. I can see it now eventually the park will start giving HM Ghost tours of the park on the Mickey's not so scary Halloween nights. Ya right.

But seriously that would be cool we could even do kind of a scientificy thing and everything.

Djali999

I'm local, so I'm pretty much able to make it anytime ya'll can schedule a trip.

of course, wandering around in a big mob would kind of limit our ability to detect any ghosts in the area. :p

I'm gonna try to hit MGM late Saturday night and see if I can detect anything.

bluesnut

I was thinking that today. We should have some special post about this that we can all go update at.

Also. I asked a friend of mine to ask her husband if he has any ghost stories or experiences while working there. He is a winter security guard. He gets put willy nilly to fill in and then kind of regular at the WWOS. He works loads of nights. I will let you know if she gets back to me with anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom