Disney World Hauntings

Coasterbp

It was Fantasyland.

I'd be interested in this list as well, as I'm prone to get these types of feelings as well. I haven't noticed anything at Disney though...

-=BP

maelstrom

I haven't experienced any of the PotC or HM things people are mentioning! I guess the feelings I get are just different. I can't even say what they are for sure. I feel things on the TTA definately. Actually, most of Tomorrowland has a certain feeling. I know Zac mentioned this already, but I have the same sort of thing when I'm in the TT building; I'll all of a sudden be in WoM. This happens in the queue as well as in the ABS portion, which someone else also mentioned. I guess that some of the time what happens to me is that I am temporarily put back in time. Actually, one eerie feeling I get is when I go out on watermice in the Seven Seas Lagoon & Bay Lake. When I'm out there, I'm usually thinking of the other hotels that were supposed to be built out there (Asian, Persian, & Meditteranean) and it creeps me out a bit, especially by the GF because that land was specially set aside for the Asian. However, I don't get that feeling when I'm actually *at* the GF. Oh, and sometimes I hear Baroque Hoedown at the MK, even though as far as I know they haven't played the song there since the MSEP. Sometimes, and this usually occurs when I'm not at WDW, I have a flash of a ride (usually Horizons) that is very real and intense, as if I was really on it at that moment.

I guess mine weren't so much haunted WDW as just my freaking feelings. :p

bigbadwolf

Re: CoP

Originally posted by All4Gemini
Hey I just started on here but I've been reading this thread and it's the best one i think i've seen on this site. Back to that Carosel of Progress "presence", someone said that MK wasn't built til 71 so it couldn't be Walt Disney, well the Carosel of Progress was originally in Disneyland (after Walt introduced it at the World's Fair) and moved to WDW in 75. So the theory that it could be Walt isn't necessarily false. At least I wouldn't think so.

A female CM was crushed to death on the COP.. :lookaroun
hmmmmmm

bluesnut

You know until we started this thread I never realized how many CM's have died on the job. And now I'm thinking about it, it is probably an equally big number of guests that have died in the parks...not necessarily from accidents but just upped and died. This is getting more and more creepy.:lookaroun :zipit:

BeachClub

It was in Tomorrowland. The one in Fantasyland is not tall enough to kill someone.

I get a freaky, freaky, spooky feeling when passing it or using the rest rooms under that platform.

imagineer boy

Re: Re: Re: CoP

Originally posted by All4Gemini
That's interesting....How exactly was she crushed to death? :veryconfu

By getting stuck in between the moving theater walls and stage walls as the theater turns. That happened once in DL during one America Sings show.

Djali999

the list:

I've added a few of my own, plus reasons for:

- Contemporary Resort Observation Deck - I was up on this thing one night and suddenly got a very strong sensation that I was about to fall over the edge... turns out somebody killed themselves in this manner at some point in time.

- Small sitting area under Skyway station - this has recently come up but I suddenly flashed back to one rainy night when I was doing Outside Stock. the stock room for most of the carts in Tomorrowland is where Ursa's Major Minor Mart was for some time. I noticed for the first time a totally abandoned seating area near the exit to the old boarding station and really got the chills for some reason.

anyway here it is. according to this list EVERYTHING in MK is haunted, so take it with a grain of salt. :p I asterik'd areas that most people seem to agree on.

I'm gonna go to some investigating of these myself and hopefully we can shorten the list.

http://www.grimghosts.com/GhostsAtWDW.html

bluesnut

Originally posted by Djali999
the list:

I've added a few of my own, plus reasons for:

- Contemporary Resort Observation Deck - I was up on this thing one night and suddenly got a very strong sensation that I was about to fall over the edge... turns out somebody killed themselves in this manner at some point in time.

- Small sitting area under Skyway station - this has recently come up but I suddenly flashed back to one rainy night when I was doing Outside Stock. the stock room for most of the carts in Tomorrowland is where Ursa's Major Minor Mart was for some time. I noticed for the first time a totally abandoned seating area near the exit to the old boarding station and really got the chills for some reason.

anyway here it is. according to this list EVERYTHING in MK is haunted, so take it with a grain of salt. :p I asterik'd areas that most people seem to agree on.

I'm gonna go to some investigating of these myself and hopefully we can shorten the list.

http://www.grimghosts.com/GhostsAtWDW.html

Great. I am saving that one. Maybe put something on there for "proved" stories like George. And another symbol for places we know someone has died.

bigbadwolf

Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground-

I would say the dirt tunnels that lead to the giant ant...
Or...
Right before you enter the playground...

bigbadwolf

I forgot to mention 3 places at the mk...

It's outside-Pecos Bill Café
The 1st entrance when heading toward splash mountain.

Then there is Cenderelda's Fountain behind the castle.

Finally the bridge leading to Adventureland.

WDW1971

How can you guys enjoy your trips to WDW if you feel all these "weird" feelings? It's the Happiest Freakin' Place in the World!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Main Street USA

Originally posted by BeachClub
It was in Tomorrowland. The one in Fantasyland is not tall enough to kill someone.

The maintenance worker who was killed while working on the Skyway didn't fall from the station, he fell from one of the cabs.

He was, indeed, working at one of the stations (don't know which one), but the ride started up unexpectedly. He was unable to avoid being pushed from the platform and wasn't wearing his safety harness. So, instead of falling the 15 feet to the ground, his reaction was to grab onto the cab and hang on. Well, during one of the higher points, he lost his grip, and fell. Therefore, it wasn't necessarily the one in Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom