Disney World Hauntings

Ringo8n24

Disneydreaming said:
Ooooooo, just be careful going too fast, the cops are usually patrolling that area for speeders. :mad:

Thanks for the warning. I usually only speed if I am alone and I do see lots of cops through there, but usually there is someone going twice as fast as me that they look at first. There aren't many going through there anyway doing the speed limit probably because they are trying to get out of there, too. :lol:

AliciaLuvzDizne

this thread has really peaked my interest. I wonder why I never noticed it before. Ive never sensed anything around wdw, but ive been thinking that maybe its because i dont pay close enough attention. or possibly that its been 2 years since ive been and i just dont remember.

My senses are a little different. I have dreams when im sleeping, or day dreams (sort of visions) of terrible events that usually actually happen within the next two weeks. They are always things that involve people i know personally (the only example i feel comfortable with sharing today is i had a dream the day before 2 of my cousins were involved in a terrible car accident. they both survived.)

I also have a connection with time. when i was 11 or 12, i had an urgent feeling that i NEEDED to know what time it was and i went into another room of the house i was at (my neighbors) to see that it was 2PM. it happened to be the exact minute my grandfather passed away. I have more of these stories, but its too soon after my latest for me to want to talk about it.

does anyone else every have these kinds of events happen to them? Im going to wdw in March and i want to see if i notice anything this time so i'm going to try to keep it in the back of my mind. Im not going to bring the list, because I dont want to "force it" you know?

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
this thread has really peaked my interest. I wonder why I never noticed it before. Ive never sensed anything around wdw, but ive been thinking that maybe its because i dont pay close enough attention. or possibly that its been 2 years since ive been and i just dont remember.

My senses are a little different. I have dreams when im sleeping, or day dreams (sort of visions) of terrible events that usually actually happen within the next two weeks. They are always things that involve people i know personally (the only example i feel comfortable with sharing today is i had a dream the day before 2 of my cousins were involved in a terrible car accident. they both survived.)

I also have a connection with time. when i was 11 or 12, i had an urgent feeling that i NEEDED to know what time it was and i went into another room of the house i was at (my neighbors) to see that it was 2PM. it happened to be the exact minute my grandfather passed away. I have more of these stories, but its too soon after my latest for me to want to talk about it.

does anyone else every have these kinds of events happen to them? Im going to wdw in March and i want to see if i notice anything this time so i'm going to try to keep it in the back of my mind. Im not going to bring the list, because I dont want to "force it" you know?

I wasn't going to bring this up, but your post brought it out . . .

Yes. All of it. All the time. It's kind of frightening. I forsaw the death of a few family members and it really freaked me out. But most of the time it's just mundane, silly stuff. And, I never know when it's going to happen.

Now, this is going to sound weird, but I can leave my body while I sleep. I've heard it called astro-projecting. Most of the informatioin that I get comes while I'm astro-projecting. Again, most of the stuff I get is mundane, boring and useless.

I've tried to work with this skill with results that I would rather not discuss. I'm to the point now, that when it happens great, but I'm no longer seeking these night-time trips.

Also, we're not alone in our house. We have at least one ghost or "spirit" that visits occassionally. (It's almost embarissing to discuss this publically). I hear voices. Not the kind that says, Hey your nuts. And, I have witnesses to the voices (plus knocks, items that move, doors that fly open and occassionaly glimpses of a woman upstairs and a man in my basement). The woman is fine. The man terrfies me -- but he's only around at night.

My sister-in-law and her son lived with my husband and I for 4 years. Most of the voices centered around my sister-in-law and I. My husband occassionally heard them but would laugh it off and ignore it. Then one day, my nephew came running to me, telling me he heard a woman talking to him and there was no one there. He was about 13 at the time and terrified. It was the one and only time I ever lied to him. I had too, I coundn't have him terrfied to be in his own home. So, I told the standard, it's only your imagination, let's go look to make sure and calm your nerves, etc.

A few years ago, my sister-in-law and my nephew moved out. The voices have mainly stopped. But has been replaced by a man in my basement. My husband laughs because once the sun sets, I refuse to go in there because I know that I'll see him out of the corner of my eye. Dusty looking cowboyishy, he's entirerly brown (his clothes and hands are the same shade muddy, dirty brown). I can't see his face because his cowboy hat is pulled down. He also has a cigarette in one hand. But I can neither smell smoke nor see it. And he's just sitting there on a few boxes staring at me. OK. Enough. I'm freaked. I've never actually thought about his description before let alone wrote it down.

As far as Disney . . . I have never "felt" anything. Although, i don't consider myself psyhic. Wait, that's not true. I did have a sense of complete dispair and almost a huge crying fit the first time I saw that 20K was gone. I was so excited to get on it. I even saw the Nautilus sitting there, hatch up and loading with no line. Poof. It was gone and a meet and greet was there.
icon8.gif

Chele

Disneydreaming

I've always been very intuitive/psyhic/empathic and have had similar experiences like so many of you have posted here, all of my life. (I have actually used this to help people ). All of the places that have been listed I do agree are darker,but I also think some of these place are fear projections (like dread) by riders that are left in the "ethers" of those areas, such as right before the big lift on Splash Mountain, or the long hallway in the Haunted Mansion, and that these areas are not necessarily haunted. Does anyone remembr the scene in Poltergeist where the hallway stretched out long? I've seen this in another movie besides Poltergeist as well.

I get so excited to be at WDW, that I'm just a big kid, and if there is any negative energy around, I just ignore it. I'm just too exicted to be there to care about any of that stuff.

Gucci65

You are all so brave!!!

When I hear weird noises in the house, I ignore them. I don't want to scare my daughter.

We went to St. Augustine a few years back for the ghost tour. Strange things happened during the tour and I was either very freaked out by the occurances or something came back to Daytona with us. I finally got up around 4am and turned the tv and the lights on. The next night was back to normal.

As far as WDW goes, I have never experienced anything. Must be because I am in sensory overload with the disney magic.

stitchfan

Ghostly visits...

I'll be keeping an eye out for ghostly visitors to WDW when I go in February...but so long as they don't bother me, I'm not gonna mess with them.

My two freaky experiences both involve animals...the first happened while my husband and I were living together before we got married. I was sitting up at 12 or 1 in the morning reading in bed. Our bedroom at that time was in a loft at the top of our apartment. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, our border collie-mutt, Chewie, began barking ferociously at the top of the stairs, staring at nothing. I looked up, and without really thinking about what I was saying, said, "Oh, hush, Chewie...that's just my MeMaw (my late paternal grandmother) checking to make sure that your Daddy meets with her approval."

The dog *immediately* stopped barking, lay back down, and went to sleep.

I never again questioned whether or not MeMaw checked up on me from time to time...though she's never been barked at again, if she's been back.

The second occurrence happened shortly after we had to have one of our two retired racing greyhounds euthanized. My hubby and I both loved Gin very much and were devastated by her loss. A day or two after having her put down, we'd ordered pizza so we didn't have to cook. I took the two remaining dogs into the living room and put down their bowls so they could eat. I went back into the kitchen and proceeded to put the leftover pizza in the refrigerator. While I was standing there, head buried in the fridge, I felt a greyhound nose-bump me behind the knee; a very common way of getting my attention when they wanted something. I stood up and turned around to see what my male greyhound wanted.

There was nothing there...the dog was still in the living room with his head in his supper dish. At the same moment, I felt this odd feeling of a presence; it kinda made the hairs on the back of my neck prickle, but I wasn't scared.

I guess Gin just thought she needed to tell me goodbye in her own way...

As to creepy spots in WDW...now that I think about it, certain points in the POTC queue did put my hackles up - but I had always attributed that to the themeing. Maybe not, huh? :lookaroun

SpaceMountainUK

GF hauntings?

Last year we were staying at the GF. Room 8345 Lagoon Corner Room.

It was beautiful except one night we went to bed and we heard someone walking at the end of the beds. My mum turned over and asked me what are you doing, so I replied nothing i'm in bed. So she said must "it be your sister" so we turned the light on and my sister was sleeping!!

The freaky thing is as soon as we moved to turn the light on we heard/saw a shadow run towards the corridoor and to the room door and then it went quiet!!!(so its not like anyone was in the room then ran out as the door made no noise)

If people know the room layout of a corner room you have a small corridoor as you come in to the room then you turn left into the room.

We were so creeped out no one wanted to take a look around the corner!LOL needless to say we kept a light on every night after that.

Expo_Seeker40

I wonder if some of our spirits actually return to WDW. I'm not one to greatly believe in or deny ghosts, but man it must be weird to walking through the contemporary and seeing a group of ghostly 1974 tourists getting ready to go the magic kingdom once again. :dazzle: :rolleyes:

Testtrack321

Expo_Seeker40 said:
I wonder if some of our spirits actually return to WDW. I'm not one to greatly believe in or deny ghosts, but man it must be weird to walking through the contemporary and seeing a group of ghostly 1974 tourists getting ready to go the magic kingdom once again. :dazzle: :rolleyes:

Don't know what would be scarrier, the ghosts or guys wearing short-shorts with knee high socks.

Woody13

Expo_Seeker40 said:

The only spirits they have at the Contemporary from 1974 are contained within the liquor bottles.

DONALDisMYhero

i dont know if you guys said this already, but its about the disneyland haunted mansion...i found this quite intresting, yet.. im not sure wether i believe it or not... ghost stories just make me soo intrested, and i feel like i know when theres something abnormal happening around me, odd enough..hah yes it sounds a bit out there, but heres the site.. (scroll down to ‘True’ Mansion Ghost Stories .. but comment on any if you have farther information!)
http://doombuggies.com/myths4.htm

Testtrack321

Actually, right now I have this wierd feeling in my house, mabey it's just me, but still, I don't experience it that often, heck, even all of Richmond feels odd. BoosMom, notice anything odd today?

T-1MILLION

It might sound weird but I am always happy when I am at Disney not only beacause the place is awsome but I have an old home movie of My entire family including me in my first trip to disney when I was a little over one year old. This tape also inludes my mother who was murdered when I was four. I felt I had lost my mother right at the highlight of when I needed her and I was just starting getting real attached to her at this age. I found myself watching that old home movie up to 3 times a day at one point just to se my whole family happy. I learned about my mother's personality from that video. At the end it has my whole family riding SE and ending walking off into the Epcot parking lot. Well...Whenever I ride SE with my family now at the end of the day at Epcot, I get this love feeling. I get this way almost everywhere at Disney because of my Family memories. It sounds weird, but I think that is why I love Disney theme parks and want to become an Imagineer so much.
I feel weird because I never have told anyone about this before.

Laura

Premium Member
OK I just read this thread from 1 a.m. till 2 a.m. and now I'm creeped out!!

I always get strange feelings at Disney but I chalk it up to nostalgia. I never wanted to post this before because it sounds so stupid and its so hard to explain, but when I'm in certain places at Epcot and Magic Kingdom I get weird "rushes" thinking that I stood in that exact same spot looking at that same exact thing hearing the same exact sounds so many times before. Especially in the last year I've been thinking a lot about this and I always picture myself standing in this certain spot outside the Imagination building at different stages of my life. It's just weird to know that I stood there as a baby, I stood there as a child, I stood there as a teenager, I stood there on my honeymoon, I stood there when I was pregnant with my first baby, I stood there with my children, etc. It's like I have these invisible footprints from my whole lifetime all over Disneyworld. Does that make sense to anyone? Whenver I think about it I get butterflies, not sure why.

As far as ghosts, being a Christian I don't believe that dead people go back to earth to "haunt" but I do believe in demons. Lately I've had strong feelings that there are demons in the haunted mansion. I believe when someone invites spirits into a place that they will come - and Leota has been inviting spirits into the Haunted Mansion for decades. So I am sure that they are there. I also get the horribly creeped out feeling by the floating candle, but I figure that's just good imagineering. I am always really frightened throughout the ride just because of the "chaos" and off key music that messes with my head (I get really claustrophic and panicky in chaotic situations).

I rode HM at exactly midnight (just by chance) on an e-ride night in July and it was pretty darn scary, let me tell you!

After reading this thread I'm going to be so freaked out going to all these "hot spots" that were mentioned! I've never felt anything strange on any rides except Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain just makes me feel really alone, even when I'm with a big group of people. It's so weird.

conntom

T-1Million sorry to hear about your Mother that is a sad lost.
My Mother died 11 years ago of Cancer My Father died 4 months
ago you never get over the lost of a love one but if at times
like at Disney World you can still fill the love that is a great thing.
Memories are love can never be bad.

Main Street USA

Laura22 said:
Lately I've had strong feelings that there are demons in the haunted mansion. I believe when someone invites spirits into a place that they will come - and Leota has been inviting spirits into the Haunted Mansion for decades. So I am sure that they are there. I also get the horribly creeped out feeling by the floating candle, but I figure that's just good imagineering.

I'm going to assume you've seen this?

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/sho...403cfe81ba02e489f22aac5&sort=4&cat=500&page=1

126disney

i belive that the one places that hunt's me the must is the loading dock for 20K. It like looking down and seeing something swimming. Once I was jumping on it and it statred to tilt down and I ran out. just looking at it freaks me out so much, and must of all the cave is very creeping. One time after it closed and the fishes were still down there you could see them. and all of the studing the ride trun back on and off. how i could tell was because the bubbles from when it looks like you were driving trun, and the music statred to play. But as soon as it statred it stoped. I raned to tell a castmember. and he told me that it was just that someone did somthing wrong. But don't belived him and till these day I never went back into that loading dock every aging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom