Disney World Explorer banned for LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneykidder

How many of us would love to go back there and see the ins and outs? But that's what Samantha Brown is for...hehe.

Bottom line, what he did was wrong. He went into a restricted area that he was not allowed into. He is lucky that he has gotten in multiple times. NOT cool.

I kind of agree with his punishment. He pushed the envelope too many times. It's like he was waiting to get caught. Who knows what else really happened.

216bruce

Watched a few of his videos- pretty tame and lame. Sad that I've lost about 30 minutes of my life because of them.

wdw71fan

In reality this isn't a "lifetime" ban. As a few years go by trespass warnings become far more difficult to enforce. If he waits several years and then starts visiting the parks in a normal manner he likely won't even be noticed and if caught they likely wouldn't have enough evidence or witnesses on hand to follow through with the trespassing charges.

not entirely accurate.. The state of Florida is quite strict about trespass warnings.. Tresspass warnings are considered 'permanent' in the state of Florida and do not need 'renewal'.. The only person that can remove a trespass is the originally issuer (in this case Disney).. It's important to note that Florida law clearly specifies that the individual who has been served a trespass has no right of appeal either.. So, in other words, the trespass is permanent unless Disney changes their mind, and he has no 'right' to an appeal with regards to it's status.. Now, whether or not Disney allows him to appeal the trespass is up to them..

It's also important to note that the individual does not need to do anything perceived as 'wrong'. You can be trespassed from private property for any reason the issuer see's fit.. Translation, they could have trespassed him for drinking too much water out of a water fountain if they want.. After all, it's private property.

He knew the consequences of his actions, and now he is going to pay for it..

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I have a good feeling he knew what the end result was going to be. This ban has sent his popularity through the roof. Papers and Media Outlets across the country have linked his feed since this occurred. Genius but dumb move on this guy's part to get his name very well out there.

s8film40

not entirely accurate.. The state of Florida is quite strict about trespass warnings.. Tresspass warnings are considered 'permanent' in the state of Florida and do not need 'renewal'.. The only person that can remove a trespass is the originally issuer (in this case Disney).. It's important to note that Florida law clearly specifies that the individual who has been served a trespass has no right of appeal either.. So, in other words, the trespass is permanent unless Disney changes their mind, and he has no 'right' to an appeal with regards to it's status.. Now, whether or not Disney allows him to appeal the trespass is up to them..

It's also important to note that the individual does not need to do anything perceived as 'wrong'. You can be trespassed from private property for any reason the issuer see's fit.. Translation, they could have trespassed him for drinking too much water out of a water fountain if they want.. After all, it's private property.

He knew the consequences of his actions, and now he is going to pay for it..

Yes technically the trespass is permanent but in order to enforce it they have to be able to first identify him amongst the millions of people entering the parks and then to pursue the charges supply the evidence and witnesses from what at that point could have been years ago.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Yes technically the trespass is permanent but in order to enforce it they have to be able to first identify him amongst the millions of people entering the parks and then to pursue the charges supply the evidence and witnesses from what at that point could have been years ago.

Facial recognition cameras and fingerprinting... Don't think they have em at WDW? They do.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure they don't have fingerprinting, facial recognition maybe but I doubt it.
How about just his name in the system under some sort of "do not admit" warning. Sure he could use a fake ID, but if he gets caught again he is in real trouble.

iheartdisney91

hey thanks guys for the info!

it's so strange, we went last week to "BoG" for dinner, and our waitress said no alcohol in the MK....
i dont even recall seeing the wine list, or beer list. this is quite confusing. Especially seeing that our hostess was very firm on saying that alcohol was not allowed.
strange.

captainkidd

I read Dark Side of Disney, and while I got a chuckle out of it, there was nothing in there that any dummy couldn't figure out. Just depends on whether you have the morals to do it or not. I have no desire to cheat the system, but that's just me. As for this guy, whatever. He likes attention and he got it. He also got himself kicked out of a place he obviously liked very much for the rest of his life. You break the rules, you gotta pay the man.

s8film40

How about just his name in the system under some sort of "do not admit" warning. Sure he could use a fake ID, but if he gets caught again he is in real trouble.
Yeah like I said technically yes the trespass is permanent. But in all reality when he hypothetically returns five or more years later looking completely different pushing his future kids in a stroller as he enjoys the parks with his family no one will think anything of it. There's no requirement to show ID to purchase tickets. Even if they did manage to identify him and have him arrested they likely would have a very hard time keeping the case from begin dismissed. Disney knows this and I can tell you from talking to some people I know with Disney security they don't even persue it if a large amount of time has passed unless of course he has returned creating more problems.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They took his fingerprint and when you swipe your card, err tap your band to enter you also have to give a finger scan. I'm sure they have a database of some sort.
That actually does not make a full blown scan of your fingerprint. It generates an algorithm based on a few points on your print. The accuracy is somewhere around 1-100 to 1-1000. Just good enough to keep people from using other peoples tickets, but not good enough identify an individual person.

s8film40

They took his fingerprint and when you swipe your card, err tap your band to enter you also have to give a finger scan. I'm sure they have a database of some sort.
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about, the biometric readers at the park entrance are not capable of reading fingerprints. Secondly I would also guess that Disney might not even legally have access to the finger print that was taken as it was likely taken by the OCSO.

captainkidd

Watched a few of his videos- pretty tame and lame. Sad that I've lost about 30 minutes of my life because of them.

I couldn't even sit through his entire explanation of being banned video, it was so boring. I don't get why people get such a kick out of people recognizing them in the parks. I don't want to be recognized. I just want to enjoy my time there.

captainkidd

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about, the biometric readers at the park entrance are not capable of reading fingerprints. Secondly I would also guess that Disney might not even legally have access to the finger print that was taken as it was likely taken by the OCSO.

Then what do they read? Seriously, I have no idea. I always thought it was your fingerprint.

captainkidd

I must admit, I am a hypocrite when it comes to stuff like this. I think stuff like this is kind of lame, but I get an incredible kick out of the famous Arnold Schwarzenegger prank calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom