Disney World Explorer banned for LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel Savage

I'm surprised so many people approve of his videos and others like it considering how much everyone talks about the "magic" of disney and the preservation of that magic. Many of these backstage videos are trying to show you the magician's tricks and I think that's entirely WHY disney was so hardcore with it's punishment. They want to preserve the magic and storylines so you don't look at an attraction and think only about the mechanics or tricks behind it. It's like the old saying about not wanting to see the sausage getting made.

CJR

I'm not supporting this "exploring", but I think Disney went a little too far. They caught him when he was doing nothing wrong. He was sitting on a bench at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Yes, he posted the videos on You Tube, but Disney doesn't own the videos. He did not get caught going to the areas. So anything they could use against him is hearsay. How can they prove he broke the law? That's where things get tricky. It's the same thing if a camera catches you running a red light. Did you? Clearly, but you can easily fight the ticket since the camera can't testify in court. It's the same thing here, just a different scenario. He had to get caught in the act or else they couldn't prosecute him successfully.

How could they get this far? Well, chances are you know more about the law than most cops do. The same goes for Disney security. Plus there are lots of loopholes for people to get out of things. Nothing that a good lawyer can't tackle.

Regardless if he tries to go this route or not, the moral is don't be a moron. If something's closed off, don't walk into it (and definitely don't record it). Although he might be able to fight this, it will take a lot of time and money to do it. "Exploring Disney" just isn't worth the hassle. Why would you want to see a closed off area when there are so many places that are open that are completely amazing?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm not supporting this "exploring", but I think Disney went a little too far. They caught him when he was doing nothing wrong. He was sitting on a bench at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Yes, he posted the videos on You Tube, but Disney doesn't own the videos. He did not get caught going to the areas. So anything they could use against him is hearsay. How can they prove he broke the law? That's where things get tricky. It's the same thing if a camera catches you running a red light. Did you? Clearly, but you can easily fight the ticket since the camera can't testify in court. It's the same thing here, just a different scenario. He had to get caught in the act or else they couldn't prosecute him successfully.

How could they get this far? Well, chances are you know more about the law than most cops do. The same goes for Disney security. Plus there are lots of loopholes for people to get out of things. Nothing that a good lawyer can't tackle.

Regardless if he tries to go this route or not, the moral is don't be a moron. If something's closed off, don't walk into it (and definitely don't record it). Although he might be able to fight this, it will take a lot of time and money to do it. "Exploring Disney" just isn't worth the hassle. Why would you want to see a closed off area when there are so many places that are open that are completely amazing?
The guy has posted videos showing himself in backstage areas. By that reasoning we could video tape a guy robbing a bank, but could not prosecute him for robbing the bank unless we caught him in the act.

HatboxGhost

I really like Adam's stuff and have even contacted him regading a location for a film and he did make videos that I wanted to see however he did trespass and thats not good. That being said, Disney should have given him a warning.

CJR

The guy has posted videos showing himself in backstage areas. By that reasoning we could video tape a guy robbing a bank, but could not prosecute him for robbing the bank unless we caught him in the act.

That is actually correct.

EDIT: To add to that, Disney also did not own the videos. I also want to point out, I was talking about the "they can arrest him" claims. They can technically give anyone a trespass warning as it's their property. However, they would need a burden of proof to press criminal charges.

PhotoDave219

That is actually correct.

EDIT: To add to that, Disney also did not own the videos. I also want to point out, I was talking about the "they can arrest him" claims. They can technically give anyone a trespass warning as it's their property. However, they would need a burden of proof to press criminal charges.

It doesnt matter. WDW is private property. If they want you gone, you're gone. They don't need a reason.

Imagineer6

Banned like a psychopath on the WDWMagic Boards. Wait a sec...

Anyway should I be banned for going backstage? I have a video of it on YouTube. I'm waiting Disney.

GiveMeTheMusic

Five seconds into his "banned from WDW" video and I couldn't take it. Disney's only mistake in banning him was that it gave him tons of free publicity. If you're dumb enough to have a public persona, break into barricaded or closed areas on the property of a megacorporation and then kvetch about getting banned for life, I've got nothing for you.

Imagineer6

Five seconds into his "banned from WDW" video and I couldn't take it. Disney's only mistake in banning him was that it gave him tons of free publicity. If you're dumb enough to have a public persona, break into barricaded or closed areas on the property of a megacorporation and then kvetch about getting banned for life, I've got nothing for you.
Really? You gave it 5 seconds and you think you can judge the entire video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom