Disney World Explorer banned for LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Interesting. Though honestly, I'm not smart enough to understand if that means he can get in with another ticket or not.:p
Possibly. If it is a brand new ticket that does not have a finger scan attached to it he could. If it is an existing ticket it would all depend on how the CM handled it. If the CM just resets the scan he could, if they send him to guest services he could not unless he had a fake ID that matched the name on the ticket.

captainkidd

Possibly. If it is a brand new ticket that does not have a finger scan attached to it he could. If it is an existing ticket it would all depend on how the CM handled it. If the CM just resets the scan he could, if they send him to guest services he could not unless he had a fake ID that matched the name on the ticket.

Probably just be easier for him to start filming backstage at Universal.

luv

Bragging about it and putting the films up on YouTube might not have been the smartest way to get away with his crime.

He got a slap on the wrist.

He may have been banned for life, but it won't mean much. As long as he just goes to the park like a normal person and doesn't break any rules, they won't stop him or have any interesting stopping him. He might want to give it a year or two, though. :)

Polydweller

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about, the biometric readers at the park entrance are not capable of reading fingerprints. Secondly I would also guess that Disney might not even legally have access to the finger print that was taken as it was likely taken by the OCSO.
A lot of misunderstanding of the point of the ban going on in this series of posts. Yes, he might well get in, but the risks are very high. The point of the ban is that there person has been warned that any appearance on the owners property is not authorized and will be considered criminal trespass. So, since you know you aren't supposed to be there simply being there IS the crime and no further proof is needed. Criminal trespass and criminal record.

So, sure he might well get on grounds but the method is a moot point. Get caught he'll pay big time. And that's the real point of the ban. Make the consequences so high that the risk of running around backstage isn't worth it. It's now no longer a fun adventure, it's no a crime with serious consequences.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
They will know when he returns: http://www.businessinsider.com/this...lations-about-trapwire-spying-are-true-2012-8

Disney is a leader in security and has been for a long time. The government took their advice while revising security post 9/11. The security currently at the World Trade Center uses similar if not the same technology Disney uses for facial recognition. Combine that with the biometrics of the fingerprints... They know who you are before you finish stating your name. Some of the world's best security experts created and work on this for them.

Was I incorrect on fingerprints being databases? Likely, but I am correct that he won't be back.

sgtmgd

Not sure why there is a surprise it's a much deserved ban. Harlmesss though his intent was..he knew that his actions were wrong and that he was tresspassing into areas not for the general puplic. Breaching security protocols in a place like Disney will only get magnified everytime there is a mass shooting in the US or anytime some knuklehead like this "sneaks" into an area then gets seriously injured and sues that compamy for millions. I have absolutley no sympathy....here's a notion pay for one of the tours like the rest of us that want to see these things.

s8film40

A lot of misunderstanding of the point of the ban going on in this series of posts. Yes, he might well get in, but the risks are very high. The point of the ban is that there person has been warned that any appearance on the owners property is not authorized and will be considered criminal trespass. So, since you know you aren't supposed to be there simply being there IS the crime and no further proof is needed. Criminal trespass and criminal record.

So, sure he might well get on grounds but the method is a moot point. Get caught he'll pay big time. And that's the real point of the ban. Make the consequences so high that the risk of running around backstage isn't worth it. It's now no longer a fun adventure, it's no a crime with serious consequences.
Yes going back on property is the crime, but when he goes to court and Disney fails to produce the security guard from years past to witness the case gets dismissed. There are a lot of variable and as the years go by it gets much harder to make a trespassing charge stick.

COProgressFan

In reality this isn't a "lifetime" ban. As a few years go by trespass warnings become far more difficult to enforce. If he waits several years and then starts visiting the parks in a normal manner he likely won't even be noticed and if caught they likely wouldn't have enough evidence or witnesses on hand to follow through with the trespassing charges.

I've often wondered how those trespass bans work...your explanation actually makes sense, and is pretty much what I expected.

s8film40

They will know when he returns: http://www.businessinsider.com/this...lations-about-trapwire-spying-are-true-2012-8

Disney is a leader in security and has been for a long time. The government took their advice while revising security post 9/11. The security currently at the World Trade Center uses similar if not the same technology Disney uses for facial recognition. Combine that with the biometrics of the fingerprints... They know who you are before you finish stating your name. Some of the world's best security experts created and work on this for them.

Was I incorrect on fingerprints being databases? Likely, but I am correct that he won't be back.
Hate to tell you this but people are trespassed all the time and they return all the time. I've known of people to do this, Disney doesn't have a system in place to identify this at least not the high tech fictional super security your thinking of, and often even if they do they don't peruse it after several years have passed. Now if he gets caught doing something stupid years from now they would likely tack the trespassing on to any other charges.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Yes going back on property is the crime, but when he goes to court and Disney fails to produce the security guard from years past to witness the case gets dismissed. There are a lot of variable and as the years go by it gets much harder to make a trespassing charge stick.

There is no right of appeal for a trespass warning in Florida.

s8film40

There is no right of appeal for a trespass warning in Florida.
What are you talking about, of course there is no right of appeal for a trespass warning. Trespass charges are what we are talking about, that is a whole different story. There is a burden of proof on Disney's side and then there certainly is a right of appeal for the person being charged.

asianway

What are you talking about, of course there is no right of appeal for a trespass warning. Trespass charges are what we are talking about, that is a whole different story. There is a burden of proof on Disney's side and then there certainly is a right of appeal for the person being charged.
Sounds like youre contradicting yourself. All that needs to be proven for a tresspass charge to stick at any point in the future is for a tresspass warning to exist(it does) and a witness at some point in the future to testify he attempted to enter.

Jimmy Thick

uq2xzj.jpg

s8film40

Sounds like youre contradicting yourself. All that needs to be proven for a tresspass charge to stick at any point in the future is for a tresspass warning to exist(it does) and a witness at some point in the future to testify he attempted to enter.
If any part of the original warning comes up in the case the original people involved Disney security and OCSO will need to be used as witness of how the original warning was issued and that it was issued correctly. There are also a lot of other factors over time like for example if he is accidentally invited to return by Disney this could be used in court.

djlaosc

Yes technically the trespass is permanent but in order to enforce it they have to be able to first identify him amongst the millions of people entering the parks and then to pursue the charges supply the evidence and witnesses from what at that point could have been years ago.

Maybe this is what NextGen is for? ;)

s8film40

I'm not sure why these guys haven't been arrested. They pilfered items from Horizons and actively show them on their youtube videos. They must know someone from Disney or are secretly allowed to film these videos because of the publicity it generates.
They specifically waited until the statute of limitations had expired before making it known publicly. Disney cannot peruse trespassing charges, and never gave them any trespass warnings.

Jimmy Thick

I doubt there is anyway this goofball could be back on Disney property without getting in serious trouble. He even said a lot of cast members call him by name.

What is being overlooked is the absolute class Disney treated this guy with. They could have been, and had every right to make this guys life a living hell. They handed him with kid gloves. Disney for the win on this one.

Jimmy Thick- Hopefully he's banned from all Disney parks.

s8film40

That's interesting and smart, I guess. ;)

I wonder if now that they're known, Disney has told them to cease trespassing or face a lifetime ban. Also, Disney just allowed them to keep the items they stole?
It's been a while since I read through their blog, but I remember they mostly took photos and videos. What did they steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom