Disney World Explorer banned for LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsiev1977

Interesting the double standards around these parts. The guys who "explored" Horizons (and other restricted areas) for years were treated like heroes here on WDW Magic.

This is the first one of these guys I've heard of. I'd act the same way toward any others like him.
Certainly nothing remotely heroic or admirable about what he did.

copcarguyp71

He got what was coming to him IMO. If he had gotten injured in one of those little escapades then he could have tried to sue Disney for making those areas "accessible". Kind of like the guy who sued the lawnmower company when he cut his arm off trying to use his mower as a hedge trimmer and won.

I see it as a limitation of liability on the part of the Disney organization and making it clear that this sort of flagrant display of disregard for rules and postings will not be tolerated. If he sued and won and our ticket prices went up or experiences were more limited within the parks because of it then we would all feel cheated because this guy never got enough attention from mommy and daddy.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That was...well...uhmmm...I, uh...hmmm...? o_O

He could've at least learned a few cords and tuned that d*mn guitar before attempting to provide his own theme music. :eek:
I noticed that as well!
laugh2.gif

Pretty cringe-worthy.

jharvey

Which law states that it's illegal to go backstage at Walt Disney World?? If Disney doesn't want people going back there they should have more cameras and security in the parks.

But he even said he expected a talking to by Security. If he was not knowingly in the wrong, why would he have expected a talking to?

WDW1974

His worst offense was calling himself "the Woo."

That's worth a banning.

The rest should've involved at least a cease and desist letter before bringing the hammer down.

I would agree with this, No. 2. ... The behavior of many social media whores is much worse and they get pats on the head by the CPSMC. I don't agree with what the guy did, but Disney knew exactly who he was ages ago and could have easily warned him and said 'do not do this again or else' ... they didn't. They decided to play the role of the heavy with a lightweight.

WDW1974

I'm pretty sure since Disney is private property, they have the right to trespass you for entering what they deem to be unauthorized areas for guests.

You can take that to an extreme, though. In some places it's very easy to wander into a backstage area and not realize it if you aren't very familiar with the parks.

Not true. Any door leading from the Utilidor that opens onstage is still marked as 'Cast Members Only, Please' or some themed variation thereof.

I can think of a few I've seen recently that are not marked at all unless I'm totally losing my sight!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
[conspiracy theory]

This banning from the parks has done nothing but make him more famous.

Perhaps that was the plan all along?
dontknow.gif

Perhaps he was in cohoots with Disney to get some publicity for both him and WDW.

[/conspiracy theory]

WDW1974

His worst offense is being incredibly annoying. His second worst offense is going on for 14 minutes. Then I'll go with "the Woo". None of the parks would cease and desist what this moron did. Universal or Sea would trespass him as well, no warning. He did it multiple times, it's potentially dangerous, they want to make an example of him. Attractions, working or not, make use of moving machinery. You are made of squishy human flesh. Those two don't mix if you aren't aware of what's around you. Plus there's often pits in the floors, catwalks, etc. In an abandoned setting, it's on you. In a theme park, it's their property, and there's liability all over the place, even if it's your own stupidity. Just don't do it.

I would agree, and I really want to spend my limited time (on) MAGIC on more deserving topics, but that first sentence got me because if being incredibly annoying is a worst offense then how the hell is Lou Mongello possibly allowed within 30 miles of WDW?! And my pal WannabeLou? And Jeff 'I make Disney's IP/copyrights my own' Lange? And any of 1000 more social media folks?

As to liability, if Disney gave a damn about that, River Country would have been removed a decade ago. It's a miracle that kids haven't died there. I don't see anyone injuring themselves going where they don't belong winning in a court (even against the evil WDC).

backinaction

Interesting the double standards around these parts. The guys who "explored" Horizons (and other restricted areas) for years were treated like heroes here on WDW Magic.
this.....I was just going to say if you thought what this guy did was bad...you guys need to watch the video of the the guys running around the horizons ride like it was there own personal playground...if I were more tech savy and less Lazy, I would post the link but you can find it pretty easily on youtube.
People do dumb stuff like this every day at the park and never get banned. The only reason he got banned was because he put the videos on youtube. and the people calling for arrests? REALLY? For going back stage? come on now!

TalkingHead

I've watched many of his videos and always enjoyed them. Hope he gets a new haircut and new sunglasses so he can continue making vids at WDW.

PhotoDave219

http://www.fox4now.com/news/local/186387821.html

I think Disney went too far with the punishment. He was just showing fans what became of Wonders of Life and the Upstairs of Imagination. Why does Disney keep these areas blocked off anyway.

I don't. He broke the rules. He was a bad, entitled passholder. I'd prosecute him if I was the mouse.

Those areas are blocked off BECAUSE THEYRE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC.

Think of it this way. You have a house. You have a bedroom. Some random dude (a friend of a friend) comes over during a party and starts snooping around your bedroom and behind closed doors. You'd throw him out and never let him back in, right? Same thing here.

PhotoDave219

I would agree with this, No. 2. ... The behavior of many social media whores is much worse and they get pats on the head by the CPSMC. I don't agree with what the guy did, but Disney knew exactly who he was ages ago and could have easily warned him and said 'do not do this again or else' ... they didn't. They decided to play the role of the heavy with a lightweight.

Gotta make an example of him. You simply cant have guests running around backstage with cameras doing lord knows what & then putting it on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom