Disney World Explorer banned for LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonAnnArbor

I have no problem with this imbecile being banned. Its private property. It could be dangerous to sneak around, and at a minimum, voyeurism is illegal. Its like peeping in people's windows. You actually DO go to jail for that. He was lucky they didn't arrest him on the spot. Banned, and for good reason.

George Lucas on a Bench

Not all backstage entrances are marked. The utilidor entrances are just themed doors you walk right by throughout Magic Kingdom with no signage.

I like this guy. This ended on pretty good terms, honestly. He probably could have been arrested for his videos. The classic River Country and the Fort Wilderness railroad videos are just surreal. Right there on WDW property are these abandoned dilapidated places being reclaimed by the Earth. I'm glad he captured what he did. It's like post-apocalyptic Disney.

BryceM

That's a bit extreme.

Oh well. He's still got Disneyland Resort and Universal Orlando Resort to enjoy.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Wow, I've watched many of his videos before. I don't believe he was the guy sneaking upstairs at Imagination. He did explore River Country but he also has regular videos just documenting trips where he didn't do anything. Surprised they didn't just tell him to stop first.

BigThunderMatt

Which law states that it's illegal to go backstage at Walt Disney World?? If Disney doesn't want people going back there they should have more cameras and security in the parks.

I'm pretty sure since Disney is private property, they have the right to trespass you for entering what they deem to be unauthorized areas for guests.

BigThunderMatt

Not all backstage entrances are marked. The utilidor entrances are just themed doors you walk right by throughout Magic Kingdom with no signage.

Not true. Any door leading from the Utilidor that opens onstage is still marked as 'Cast Members Only, Please' or some themed variation thereof.

Darth Sidious

I watched his explanation... It was hard to watch with all the movements LOL. Funny thing is I was at DHS the day he was banned and saw the cops/shirts and ties waiting for him. It was strange since it was the only time I had seen them at the security checkpoint all week. I figured there was a reason why they were there, all standing together and talking.

articos

His worst offense was calling himself "the Woo."

That's worth a banning.

The rest should've involved at least a cease and desist letter before bringing the hammer down.
His worst offense is being incredibly annoying. His second worst offense is going on for 14 minutes. Then I'll go with "the Woo". None of the parks would cease and desist what this moron did. Universal or Sea would trespass him as well, no warning. He did it multiple times, it's potentially dangerous, they want to make an example of him. Attractions, working or not, make use of moving machinery. You are made of squishy human flesh. Those two don't mix if you aren't aware of what's around you. Plus there's often pits in the floors, catwalks, etc. In an abandoned setting, it's on you. In a theme park, it's their property, and there's liability all over the place, even if it's your own stupidity. Just don't do it.

bsiev1977

I watched his explanation... It was hard to watch with all the movements LOL. Funny thing is I was at DHS the day he was banned and saw the cops/shirts and ties waiting for him. It was strange since it was the only time I had seen them at the security checkpoint all week. I figured there was a reason why they were there, all standing together and talking.
They sure did have a good reason.
A moron advertising on the Internet when he's going to go trespass some more.

bsiev1977

I actually wonder if he was planning on doing some this time around. He does do normal visits and meet ups at WDW. I have seen the videos before. However, Disney is doing the right thing here.
I should say, I haven't watched any of the videos, so I don't know what he said about subsequent visits. From what you said about being at DHS that day, they seemed to know he was coming at that particular time.

Darth Sidious

I should say, I haven't watched any of the videos, so I don't know what he said about subsequent visits. From what you said about being at DHS that day, they seemed to know he was coming at that particular time.

They sure did... they were waiting since they followed his twitter supposedly. He said they knew about his tweet the night before and were expecting him. At least that is what I extrapolated from his video explanation of the day's events.

bsiev1977

They sure did... they were waiting since they followed his twitter supposedly. He said they knew about his tweet the night before and were expecting him. At least that is what I extrapolated from his video explanation of the day's events.
What an idiot.
I hope UNI is on the lookout for him now.

Can we go yet?

I actually feel pretty bad for Adam, he was a huge theme park fan, just was a bit too nosy. :/ No need to ban him for life though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom