News Disney World Cast Member unions to begin week of negotiations for wage increases, healthcare costs and more

Alanzo

And what do you call premiums, deductibles, and copayments?
capitalism GIF

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Interesting that the non-union organization gives raises and the union organization just ....... negotiate.
The non-Union one did this because they're also short staffed and have no issues poaching from the mouse.

Literally, my second time working for them back in the early 00s, while doing the paperwork, someone came out and asked loudly "WHO HERE IS DISNEY?" (as in works for, or worked for). Those that raised our hands got immediate interviews.

Disstevefan1

The non-Union one did this because they're also short staffed and have no issues poaching from the mouse.

Literally, my second time working for them back in the early 00s, while doing the paperwork, someone came out and asked loudly "WHO HERE IS DISNEY?" (as in works for, or worked for). Those that raised our hands got immediate interviews.
I SAY GOOD! If WDW wants to keep folks, give them a reason to stay!!!!

Last edited:

mkt

Premium Member
i was just pointing out that it's not free. someone mentioned that in the uk the position is also minimum wage. so whether youpay it through premiums deductibles or copayment or you are taxed, nothing is free. Everybody wants something for nothing. that doesn't exists

Nothing is free. You're right.

But I prefer a system where there's going to be no surprise expenses or possibility of an illness or injury bankrupting me.

eliza61nyc

Nothing is free. You're right.

But I prefer a system where there's going to be no surprise expenses or possibility of an illness or injury bankrupting me.
true but as a previous poster pointed out, our national mentality is for "freedom, individuality and personal choice". so we have a capitalist system. any time we whisper "central or nationalized" folks in this country have a freaky deaky melt down.

but someone upstream was saying the reason the uk can pay less is because they don't pay for healthcare. they in actuality do pay for healthcare

mkt

Premium Member
true but as a previous poster pointed out, our national mentality is for "freedom, individuality and personal choice". so we have a capitalist system. any time we whisper "central or nationalized" folks in this country have a freaky deaky melt down
If only they knew that these countries with a social safety net are also... gasp... capitalist.

But their smooth brains can't handle that.

Indy_UK

not sure I would call it free, most give up a way larger % of their pay to taxes which covers a lot of it. I believe (according to cousins) anyone making over 70K in us dollars pay a 35% tax bracket.

It’s like 0% tax if you earn up to £12.5K
20% up to £45k and 45% tax rate on earnings over that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom