Disney Worker Arrested For Child

captainkidd

Remember, Disney is the largest single-site employer in the United States. 50,000+ employees. Bound to be a few complete idiots in there.

True, so their numbers are bound to be higher on any number of things.

I don't blame Disney for this. As others have said, there is only so much they can find out in interviews. What's scary is how many sickos seem to gravitate to WDW looking for employment.

xtina72

and no one here has any firsthand info or facts.

Actually I use to work for a criminal lawyer in Orlando before we moved. Thats how I know what dirtbags get caught in Disney doing disgusting things to and in front of children at Disney world.

Thats all I really want to say on the subject.

I don't blame Disney for this. As others have said, there is only so much they can find out in interviews. What's scary is how many sickos seem to gravitate to WDW looking for employment.

Remember, Disney is the largest single-site employer in the United States. 50,000+ employees. Bound to be a few complete idiots in there.

Absolutely.....and it is based around children, it is inevitable and unless they have criminal records Disney can not do anything about it. (as far as the hiring process)

Wilt Dasney

I think it's a legitimate story. Disney is a high profile employer, as well as a corporation that's built a reputation around appealing to kids and family. When one of their own is caught aiding the exploitation of kids, I think that's noteworthy. It's similar (though not exactly comparable) to when daycare workers are caught abusing kids.

The story was also written in a low key way. Previous child arrests at Disney weren't tied in by the reporter.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
"Remedy for boredom?" I've got a .45 that could cure that for him then.....:animwink:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
How is it any more slanderous than other posts in this thread?

"Sadly, this is not uncommon for Disney."
"it seems like this has happened very frequently in WDW"
"It seems like once a month a cast member is getting arrested for child ."

I don't think anyone is happy about this, and no one here has any firsthand info or facts. Only info we have to go by is what is said on the news and thus posted here. I think people are just stating their opinion of how it looks. But if it makes you feel better, I'll change my wording.

The differences:

"Sadly, this is not uncommon for Disney."
This is a statement of fact.
"it seems like this has happened very frequently in WDW"
This is a stated perception of the poster.
"It seems like once a month a cast member is getting arrested for child ."
This is a stated perception of the poster.
"Disney must be the biggest employer of pedophiler's in the world. "
This is a statement of a presumed fact by yourself that is likely not true and could be construed as an attack on the moral values of the WDC.

takeleus

I am an employer and I know first hand from hiring people what you can and what you can't ask. Because someone got sued you can not talk about a person's personal life outside of the scope of work, to determine their interests, likes and dis-likes. You can glean a lot of information from a few minutes of conversation. But like everything else it is a violation of their civil rights to have that conversation. Most managers hire for skills, but fire for character.

What really strikes me is the fact they listed where he works. I am not sure that it is relevant that he works for Disney. He is a 32 year old male with child in his home. I don't see anywhere that it says that it happened at work. I visit Disney often and see alot of the CM's outside of work and it would shock you what alot of them do in their off time. I'm just saying.

joe80x86

Numerous people in my area were arrested this past month for the same thing, if they didn't mention Disney the story wouldn't be so prominent. There are sick people all over and they work in many walks of life. Not enough bad things can happen to them IMHO.

Sad but true, it seem like here on Florida' Treasure Coast there is a news story about someone getting arrested for this almost weekly. I really don't even bother paying attention anymore because it really seems like a rather common occurrence anymore. Except for the guy in Jensen beach who claimed is cat downloaded it.

DisneyPrincess5

Sad but true, it seem like here on Florida' Treasure Coast there is a news story about someone getting arrested for this almost weekly. I really don't even bother paying attention anymore because it really seems like a rather common occurrence anymore. Except for the guy in Jensen beach who claimed is cat downloaded it.
You've gotta be kidding me...

slappy magoo

Just another thing to consider (or in some people's cases, to dismiss out of hand): Orlando is a densely populated urban area. When you have greater concentrations of people living so closely together, there tends to be a greater number of any variety of crimes. You also tend to have a greater variety of acts of kindness and charity - a soup kitchen in NYC that can feed thousands a day versus a church in rural Tennessee that can only assist a few dozen because it's so remote, that kind of thing. Of course, good news usually doesn't grab front page headlines...

And on top of the fact that Orlando is such a densely populated area, there is one company in particular that has more employees in that area than any other. A good chunk of the local economy is based on Disney - both tourist dollars and locals spending their salary. So aside from the salacious nature of reporting "ooh, another Disney employee caught with child " you have the reality of Disney being responsible for so many people's livelihood, ergo the potential for more criminals (or potential criminals) of all stripes being employed there. Throughout the country, there are pockets of communities where a lot of people work for one company or industry, so if an employed person happens to be arrested in those communities, the odds are greater their employer is one of those big companies. Same deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom