Disney Wish

DCBaker

Premium Member
Filigree art featuring Captain Minnie for the new Disney Wish

"Captain Minnie Mouse is already making wishes come true for our newest ship! Today we unveiled that this beloved character will come to life for the first time through whimsical artwork on the bow of the Disney Wish.

The bow’s elegant filigree art, a hallmark of Disney Cruise Line vessels, includes an intricate scrollwork pattern reminiscent of the classic ocean liners of the 1930s. And the portrait of Captain Minnie on the Disney Wish adds just the right amount of Disney whimsy to the design!

The magic of Captain Minnie also came alive today as we reached a significant construction milestone for the Disney Wish marked by the traditional keel laying ceremony. During a ship’s construction, when the first block, or section of a ship, is lowered into the building dock, a newly minted coin is placed under the keel for good fortune. The coin created for the Disney Wish features none other than … you guessed it, Captain Minnie!

Our newest captain (in her bold red jacket!) made her splash aboard our ships in 2019 as part of a collection of initiatives aiming to inspire the next generation of female leaders in the cruise industry. And with Captain Minnie at the helm of the Disney Wish, our hope is to continue inspiring girls and young women around the globe!

We’ve been teasing out information about our newest ship since we first revealed our fleet expansion, and we know all you Disney Cruise Line fans are itching to know more. Are you ready for details about the Disney Wish? Well, you didn’t hear it from me, but big news is on the horizon. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog so you don’t miss it!"

Surferboy567

Wonder (pun intended) what new experiences these ships will bring. Interested if we get a take on the Aquaduck we have always enjoyed that slide.

Surferboy567

The Wish is getting a go-kart track and sky bike. I heard that this morning from the driver when I was riding in the front cab of the monorail.
CM’s know as much as we do which is basically nothing.

EDIT: I don’t even know how you would accomplish those two things at sea. The go-karts would be tough to control with constant swaying. Not sure how viable a sky bike would be.

ChuckElias

I don’t even know how you would accomplish those two things at sea. The go-karts would be tough to control with constant swaying.

@lostpro9het was just yanking your chain a little bit. (To be completely honest, I was only 90% sure he was joking. But I don't think you can ride up front in the Monorail anymore.) But to respond to your point without joking, NCL has already put go karts on the Encore. Here's a picture. And this is not a joke, I promise.

1617912071982.png

jme

@lostpro9het was just yanking your chain a little bit. (To be completely honest, I was only 90% sure he was joking. But I don't think you can ride up front in the Monorail anymore.) But to respond to your point without joking, NCL has already put go karts on the Encore. Here's a picture. And this is not a joke, I promise.
Ah... nothing like relaxing on the sun deck while out at sea, no land in sight, just the sky, the waves, and the roar of a dozen 200cc motors filling the sky.

raymusiccity

The Wish is getting a go-kart track and sky bike. I heard that this morning from the driver when I was riding in the front cab of the monorail.
Ah... nothing like relaxing on the sun deck while out at sea, no land in sight, just the sky, the waves, and the roar of a dozen 200cc motors filling the sky.
Even if they're electric, it's an incredible waste of space. (and ugly, too!)

Surferboy567

Updates incoming... April 29th @ 11 AM ET, DP Blog.

Why are they making you “reserve your spot”. It’s a virtual event.

jme

Why are they making you “reserve your spot”. It’s a virtual event.
When hosting events like this, bandwidth is a concern. Cloud-based computing now allows companies to "spin up" additional resources as needed to handle this but, by having people register you can better estimate how many will be tuning in and you can then scale your resources accordingly ahead of the start of the event to (hopefully) have a smoother event without scaling up too much and spending money on resources you didn't need.

I am speculating that this was Disney's motivation, but from a technical perspective it makes sense to me to try to gauge interest. (They also get valuable marketing information, as you linked your Disney account to the event so they now know to whom they should send mailers and such for DCL marketing pushes - again speculative but reasonably confident it was a factor). Also, with the phrasing of "reserve your spot", it sounds like a marketing tactic to make you feel connected to it, like only those who reserve a spot will go so you'll be sure not to miss out. This is called "stickiness" strategy, and its a way to help ensure engagement from your target audience.

Surferboy567

I could be looking way too much into this but here is a thing I noticed...

Worth noting the Wish Center piece thing morphs a couple of times in the video. Maybe it means something?

Starts as Cinderella (the icon)
Morphs into Spider-Man (Marvel)
Morphs into Olaf (Frozen)
Morphs into a First Order Stormtrooper (Star Wars)
Morphs into Woody (Pixar)
Morphs into Captain Minnie (DCL)
Which then morphs into the Disney Wish logo.

Seems like very specific characters to choose. Unless, it’s meant to represent the brands that will be featured?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom