Disney Wish

jaklgreen

We were on the Wish last week and really enjoyed it, the biggest pro is it’s a very pretty ship, the biggest con is the bizarre layout choices.

I wasn’t as bothered as most with the elevators and didn’t have any issues finding my way around the ship but I’m still stumped how they managed to make every space on the huge Wish feel much smaller than the counterpart spaces on the tiny Wonder.

The restaurant tables were ridiculously close together, the servers were struggling to get between them without bumping into guests or their chairs, the lounges were so small you had to show up 15 minutes ahead of time for trivia or bands or you’d have no chance at a seat (something we never experienced on the Wonder), the bars were tiny, the pools were small and crowded, even the seats in the theater felt tiny compared to the Wonder… it was weird that the ship feels massive but every space on it feels small. (The exception being the stunning atrium)

The food was also a bit of a let down compared to the Wonder, it wasn’t bad but I didn’t leave a single restaurant raving about a dish, it wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great.

We had a blast, and I’d get back on the Wish again tomorrow if I could, but I definitely fall into the “not my first choice” category.
I think that the table issue at the restaurants was that they had more tables that seated less people. The other ships seem to have a lot of 8 top tables but the Wish seemed to have more 4 and 6 tops. That would make a difference.

ToTBellHop

I think that the table issue at the restaurants was that they had more tables that seated less people. The other ships seem to have a lot of 8 top tables but the Wish seemed to have more 4 and 6 tops. That would make a difference.
This wasn’t the plan on Wish but most families want to have private tables, so many 8 tops were split into 4 tops with 4 inches between tables. Many will notice that their table and the table next to them has the same table number for this reason.

ToTBellHop

I blame social media and Covid. :p
I don’t want to subject others to my children. It would be so stressful for me (worrying if they’ll behave) that I wouldn’t enjoy the experience.

The kid 6 inches away on our December Wish cruise that was sneezing the entire time didn’t help sway me either. Didn’t even try to cover his mouth and nose.

jaklgreen

This wasn’t the plan on Wish but most families want to have private tables, so many 8 tops were split into 4 tops with 4 inches between tables. Many will notice that their table and the table next to them has the same table number for this reason.
I understand why some want private tables. I think that they will need to factor this into future ships.

Chip Chipperson

I was okay with the side-to-side spacing between tables. It felt "separate" but still close enough to have a conversation with a neighboring table. I did think that the spacing between rows of tables was a little tight, though, and I'm a walking bean pole. It was enough space when sitting, but when you add in the servers and photographers trying to squeeze behind you it felt like a few more inches should have been added.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Bring Your own Device (BYOD) stateroom TV streaming is now available for guests onboard the Disney Wish. The new service can be used when connected to DCL-GUEST, but does NOT require a paid internet package.

Using your own device, you can launch the service in the DCL Navigator App from the More tab then clicking on Stateroom TV Streaming."

Chip Chipperson

"Bring Your own Device (BYOD) stateroom TV streaming is now available for guests onboard the Disney Wish. The new service can be used when connected to DCL-GUEST, but does NOT require a paid internet package.

Using your own device, you can launch the service in the DCL Navigator App from the More tab then clicking on Stateroom TV Streaming."

Interesting. Hopefully this doesn't result in slower connections for those who pay for the upgraded internet packages. Since it's just streaming the channels available in your stateroom, I would think that the demand won't be excessive.

NelleBelle

Interesting. Hopefully this doesn't result in slower connections for those who pay for the upgraded internet packages. Since it's just streaming the channels available in your stateroom, I would think that the demand won't be excessive.
I know when we cruise, we're generally trying to unplug from everything and if we do actually turn on the tv, it's to watch a Disney movie or cartoon. I know we'd likely never use this service. I generally read and my DH actually uses the time to draw if we're not exhausted before bed.

Chip Chipperson

I know when we cruise, we're generally trying to unplug from everything and if we do actually turn on the tv, it's to watch a Disney movie or cartoon. I know we'd likely never use this service. I generally read and my DH actually uses the time to draw if we're not exhausted before bed.
Yeah, I can't imagine sitting by the pool trying to watch TV on an iPad or phone. I suppose it's a good option for parents with a fussy child who wants a screen during dinner or something, but my only screen time on a cruise is checking my home security cameras and thermostat to make sure everything is OK and checking my email maybe once at the end of the day.

SplashJacket

I’ve been on 12 cruises and only one where I wouldn’t watched an hour-long short movie from a personal device.

Great that they have it. More features/perks are never a bad thing.

I’ve also gone on a lot of cruises during NFL and college football playoffs and championships, so I can reasonably see wanting to watch the games without being stuck in your room or the incredibly busy O’Gills

sullyinMT

That it allows you to stream your own content from your device to the in-room tv. :oops:
I thought the same when I first read the headline. Like we could bring a Fire stick or something and watch our own Netflix account, for an up charge. When I read on and found it was to watch stateroom TV on my phone/tablet, I was instantly underwhelmed.

I guess it could have a purpose on a treadmill. Not sure if the Wish has TVs on the cardio equipment or not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve been on 12 cruises and only one where I wouldn’t watched an hour-long short movie from a personal device.

Great that they have it. More features/perks are never a bad thing.

I’ve also gone on a lot of cruises during NFL and college football playoffs and championships, so I can reasonably see wanting to watch the games without being stuck in your room or the incredibly busy O’Gills
How many of those were on Disney?
What did you think it was? It gives access to all the ship’s tv channels and all the on-demand content like your classic Disney movies.
It was presented as something a bit useful…like you can bring a chrome cast or fire stick…etc.
He probably thought that.

ChuckElias

I can reasonably see wanting to watch the games without being stuck in your room or the incredibly busy O’Gills

I can understand why you might think that, but I can tell you from experience that there's nothing like watching a Women's World Cup soccer Final in the incredibly busy O'Gills! That was a crazy, amazing experience! :D

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I can understand why you might think that, but I can tell you from experience that there's nothing like watching a Women's World Cup soccer Final in the incredibly busy O'Gills! That was a crazy, amazing experience! :D
Or the pickle ball championship!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom