Disney Wish

flynnibus

Premium Member
I talked to my family and we all agreed to switch to a four night cruise! I was starting to feel that the three night wasn’t going to be long enough.
Glad to hear. 4 is not bad for a first timer, I think 5 is better, but everyone will find what they like best! Reason I recommend a 5 day is because what you will find is port days are generally pretty busy and you don't have as much time to relax or just take in the stuff the ship really has to offer. The extra days give you sea days which are (IMO) much more low-key because you pretty much only have dinner as a 'must do' and you can fill out your day as you wish.

Enjoy the quieter parts of the ship... enjoy the on-demand food... make sure you do some of the organized activities. you'd be amazed at how much everyone gets into bingo :D

Hope you all have a good trip!

vikescaper

Glad to hear. 4 is not bad for a first timer, I think 5 is better, but everyone will find what they like best! Reason I recommend a 5 day is because what you will find is port days are generally pretty busy and you don't have as much time to relax or just take in the stuff the ship really has to offer. The extra days give you sea days which are (IMO) much more low-key because you pretty much only have dinner as a 'must do' and you can fill out your day as you wish.

Enjoy the quieter parts of the ship... enjoy the on-demand food... make sure you do some of the organized activities. you'd be amazed at how much everyone gets into bingo :D

Hope you all have a good trip!
When my sister and I travel together, we have the tendency to be always on the move trying to get as much done as possible. I was starting to feel that we would be doing the same on the ship and the extra day would make us slow down a little.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Anyone else notice the adult pool on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade float was to scale? Impressive Disney…impressive.
CA2A4966-A013-4930-AD83-C79A42078D35.jpeg

DCLcruiser

Well, we just got back from WDW, which means we have the itch and started talking cruises lol.

I am looking at a 4 day Bahamas in order to try out the Wish. We are thinking category 05B, Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah. I assume decks 7 or 8, to avoid deck chair/club noises.

Is there anything we need to know about when picking rooms? Do I need to be counting rooms from outside to make sure I don't get a balcony obstruction (thanks Fantasy)?

Chip Chipperson

Just finished a 3-day Christmas cruise on the Wish. I loved the food at dinner - Arrendale wasn't anything special (but still good) but Marvel and 1923 were both great meals. The Quick Service food service was really good, too. The BBQ was good. I got the ribs, chicken, and pulled pork. The pulled pork wasn't good but the other meats were. The pizza station was surprisingly good considering how bad Disney pizza can be. I had the gluten free pizza and it was better than most gluten free pizzas I've had. I can't speak for the regular pizza but it smelled really good and you could see the staff making pies fresh - so no doughy pre-made crusts there.

The elevators were a zoo, especially the elevators located near the restaurants after meals (convenient location when going to dinner, but a mess after dinner since there are only 2 elevator banks instead of 3 so people going right back to their rooms or up to the pool area just went right to the nearest bank). It was also a big mess during disembarkation since everyone with later breakfast all ended up using the same elevator banks and the line to get off the ship backed up into the elevator banks, so it was hard to even get off the elevator with luggage since the crowd was so big.

We didn't try the pools or adult section, opting instead to relax at Senses, so I don't have any thoughts on those. Senses was really nice, though.

Overall, the ship is great, but the elevator situation is a big negative. I don't know if they can do anything to fix it, but hopefully they learn from it so they don't repeat that with the next ship.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Just finished a 3-day Christmas cruise on the Wish. I loved the food at dinner - Arrendale wasn't anything special (but still good) but Marvel and 1923 were both great meals. The Quick Service food service was really good, too. The BBQ was good. I got the ribs, chicken, and pulled pork. The pulled pork wasn't good but the other meats were. The pizza station was surprisingly good considering how bad Disney pizza can be. I had the gluten free pizza and it was better than most gluten free pizzas I've had. I can't speak for the regular pizza but it smelled really good and you could see the staff making pies fresh - so no doughy pre-made crusts there.

The elevators were a zoo, especially the elevators located near the restaurants after meals (convenient location when going to dinner, but a mess after dinner since there are only 2 elevator banks instead of 3 so people going right back to their rooms or up to the pool area just went right to the nearest bank). It was also a big mess during disembarkation since everyone with later breakfast all ended up using the same elevator banks and the line to get off the ship backed up into the elevator banks, so it was hard to even get off the elevator with luggage since the crowd was so big.

We didn't try the pools or adult section, opting instead to relax at Senses, so I don't have any thoughts on those. Senses was really nice, though.

Overall, the ship is great, but the elevator situation is a big negative. I don't know if they can do anything to fix it, but hopefully they learn from it so they don't repeat that with the next ship.
Thanks for this. Glad you enjoyed the food! I have been on several other ships with just two elevator banks so I’m a bit confused why it seems to be a larger issue on this particular ship.

I’m a stair person anyways and make my travel party stair people as well. 😂

Vegas Disney Fan

Thanks for this. Glad you enjoyed the food! I have been on several other ships with just two elevator banks so I’m a bit confused why it seems to be a larger issue on this particular ship.

I’m a stair person anyways and make my travel party stair people as well. 😂
We just got off the Wonder and 90% of our trips were via the stairs, that’s on a smaller ship though, our room was on deck 7 so going to the main decks (3-5) or pool deck (9) was 4 flights of stairs max, on our upcoming Wish cruise we’re on deck 9… that a long way from deck 3 for dinner, shows, etc. We’ll still take the stairs most of the time but I anticipate going up 6 flights of stairs is going to get very old very fast.

Getting rid of the extra elevator bank makes no sense to me.

Stripes

Any guesses or ideas as to what the theme of the 7th ship will be?

With the Wish being themed like a castle and the Treasure being Adventureland-like, I wonder what the third will be.

Personally, I hope it’s either a Main Street-inspired design or a return to Art Deco.

ToTBellHop

They can’t really add a 3rd elevator bank but those sensitive buttons are a serious problem for efficiency and could be easily fixed. Change the damn buttons already!

Chip Chipperson

They can’t really add a 3rd elevator bank but those sensitive buttons are a serious problem for efficiency and could be easily fixed. Change the damn buttons already!

Yep! There were at least 3 times that I witnessed someone's butt/back pushing buttons for multiple floors because the elevator was so packed. I may have been one of the people whose butt caused a problem on the elevator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom