Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
NO COFFEE??????!!!!!!!! I'll die.

Caffeine is a diuretic and makes you pee (that's why it's in diet pills). It can also raise your heart rate. Coffee can cause stomach or other GI issues during a run, due to its acidity. Also not the same as hydrating with water.

dreamfinder

NO COFFEE??????!!!!!!!! I'll die.

A coffee or two in the AM to get stuff going? Not the end of the world. Same with soda. But people who suck down coffee/soda all day, that starts to be a problem. Yes, the liquid in the coffee hydrates, but at @LAKid53 said, the caffeine sucks water back out. Alot of people aren't properly hyrdrated to begin with, and it gets even harder when on vacation. And when you are running, if you feel thirsty you are already usually under-hydrated.
Which is an interesting situation when you look at energy gels and such that are caffeinated for use during long runs.

LAKid53

Premium Member
A coffee or two in the AM to get stuff going? Not the end of the world. Same with soda. But people who suck down coffee/soda all day, that starts to be a problem. Yes, the liquid in the coffee hydrates, but at @LAKid53 said, the caffeine sucks water back out. Alot of people aren't properly hyrdrated to begin with, and it gets even harder when on vacation. And when you are running, if you feel thirsty you are already usually under-hydrated.
Which is an interesting situation when you look at energy gels and such that are caffeinated for use during long runs.

rD tells you to make sure to hydrate...and then skimps on the porta potties along the course. That first stop needs to have more than 10...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Out of all our resorts, I guess AKL has the best restaurants/bars/lounge, so big party @surfsupdon's place :)
We can certainly hang around the Lodge for a post race feast! I tried for BWI or Yacht/Beach but they were already full. And although the Commodore Suite was available at Yacht, I didn’t find the 2100/night price tag suitable.

Sanaa bread service anyone?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I've got a 1 bedroom at Boulder Ridge that has a full kitchen....and a balcony. Why are we not considering the race party at WS? We've paid for through our registration....and we can party with all the other runners. During F&W. And we have Epcot all to ourselves.

RunningKoen

I've got a 1 bedroom at Boulder Ridge that has a full kitchen....and a balcony. Why are we not considering the race party at WS? We've paid for through our registration....and we can party with all the other runners. During F&W. And we have Epcot all to ourselves.

That only at the sunday evening. Party all week long, right? ;-)

But change of plan. Skip the lounge @ AKL. Runners meeting at the balcony of @LAKid53. Let's share all those nice running stories :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
That only at the sunday evening. Party all week long, right? ;-)

But change of plan. Skip the lounge @ AKL. Runners meeting at the balcony of @LAKid53. Let's share all those nice running stories :)

Well, y'all are going to be disappointed. I start my partying about noon on the day of the last race. 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom