Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
5K already on hold. :(

Edit: slightly positive news. The building proces of my house is, again, delayed. I am not moving around this weekend, so that is one more reason to run!
Slightly negative news: I can get a bib for the NY marathon, but it's the same weekend.

So what would you rather do - run one of the premiere race events or run with the rest of us crazies at Disney?

Texas84

OK, I made my offsite timeshare reservation but I'm still trying to decide on the challenge or just the half. I used all my DVC points for Dark Side.

surfsupdon

OK, I made my offsite timeshare reservation but I'm still trying to decide on the challenge or just the half. I used all my DVC points for Dark Side.
I settled for the half. This will actually be my first runDisney weekend without a challenge of some sort, or multiple races. In 2014, WineDine was at night. I stayed at the afterparty till 3am then woke up the next day for a 12mile Tough Mudder at 8am in Kissimmee. That race combo was a ton of fun. And being muddy returning to Yacht Club afterwards was a real treat to see. Haha.

I am actually okay running just the half marathon. I saved a few hundred and do not have a double super early morning. Although when you are there, you love it.

thumper

Back at it again for Year 5 for the W&D. I also just did the half this year (did the Challenge last year - glad I did it once to experience it, but was a lot as I am also down there working for our charity). Super excited and November will be here before you know it!!

mic&waz

Greetings all, my first post to this forum (hi!) and new to Run Disney but old hands at Disney itself (DVC for a few years). We're running the W&D half this year and had already decided on Little Mermaid inspired costumes. I've now just seen that the theme for the half is Chef Mickey :oops: cue the sound of tumbleweeds sweeping through the room...

My important question is, will we look like complete numpties turning up in the TLM costumes for the half? Or, do people mix and match and not stick to the actual theming too rigidly....? Anxiously awaiting your responses to put me out of my misery either way. I've already driven my other half nuts with the 'worrying' ;) (first world problems huh....) :p Thanks in advance...

dreamfinder

Greetings all, my first post to this forum (hi!) and new to Run Disney but old hands at Disney itself (DVC for a few years). We're running the W&D half this year and had already decided on Little Mermaid inspired costumes. I've now just seen that the theme for the half is Chef Mickey :oops: cue the sound of tumbleweeds sweeping through the room...

My important question is, will we look like complete numpties turning up in the TLM costumes for the half? Or, do people mix and match and not stick to the actual theming too rigidly....? Anxiously awaiting your responses to put me out of my misery either way. I've already driven my other half nuts with the 'worrying' ;) (first world problems huh....) :p Thanks in advance...

Consider the theme as "more like a set of guidelines". Other than seeing a slight increase of theme related costumes at times, and usually related more towards the theme of the weekend (IE Lots of Star Wars costumes at those races) the theme doesn't do much other than give them a design concept for the merch & medal. I don't think any costume from any member of my family has ever matched the theme for any runDisney event, other than wearing tutus/princess/kilts for Princess weekend type stuff.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

I'm having a costume connundrum right now too...not sure which direction I want to go. I'm also going to be running the princess in '19 so hopefully I can "recycle" a costume or 2.

mic&waz

Phew, thanks all for the swift replies, that makes me feel much better. I have bought an Ariel skirt from the kids section in our Disney Store (half price - don't judge me..) because specific Run Disney attire is non-existent in the UK. Husband is going as Flounder so in the process of painting stripes onto a yellow t-shirt. Thanks again and see you all there :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom