Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Phew, thanks all for the swift replies, that makes me feel much better. I have bought an Ariel skirt from the kids section in our Disney Store (half price - don't judge me..) because specific Run Disney attire is non-existent in the UK. Husband is going as Flounder so in the process of painting stripes onto a yellow t-shirt. Thanks again and see you all there :)

Check out Etsy! They have a TON of affordable, handmade, running costumes and ideas on there

mic&waz

Check out Etsy! They have a TON of affordable, handmade, running costumes and ideas on there
Cool thanks, I will! We also have a trip in 53 days so I could do (will do, who am I kidding) some mooching and purchasing then. We're looking forward to the RD Expo too, bound to be some stuff to waste money on there! :D

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Cool thanks, I will! We also have a trip in 53 days so I could do (will do, who am I kidding) some mooching and purchasing then. We're looking forward to the RD Expo too, bound to be some stuff to waste money on there! :D

Lots of stuff to waste money on. But preorder as much as you can, like pins, magnets, jacket and such.

RunningKoen

Can your bib be picked up by someone else (due to travel reasons?) or is the security, certainly for challenges, that high? They want a picture of you, right?

Also, I might be looking for a place to crash/share two nights at their place. @LAKid53, @surfsupdon, or anyone else?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Can your bib be picked up by someone else (due to travel reasons?) or is the security, certainly for challenges, that high? They want a picture of you, right?

Also, I might be looking for a place to crash/share two nights at their place. @LAKid53, @surfsupdon, or anyone else?

The Kid's inn may be full - got the SIL 75% convinced he's gonna have so much fun running the Dark Side Half next month that he needs to do the W&D Half. He wants to wait to see if he survives his first Half before fully committing. The guy boxes, runs and rock climbs, in addition to lifting. Don't think he'll have an issue - it's a mental thing for him. And he always decides at the last minute, lol.

But if he doesn't go get some running socks before his first long run tomorrow, he's really gonna not be happy in April. Keep telling him he can't run in those old cotton socks he wears.

RunningKoen

The Kid's inn may be full - got the SIL 75% convinced he's gonna have so much fun running the Dark Side Half next month that he needs to do the W&D Half. He wants to wait to see if he survives his first Half before fully committing. The guy boxes, runs and rock climbs, in addition to lifting. Don't think he'll have an issue - it's a mental thing for him. And he always decides at the last minute, lol.

But if he doesn't go get some running socks before his first long run tomorrow, he's really gonna not be happy in April. Keep telling him he can't run in those old cotton socks he wears.
Some people have the gift to run on everything and yet suffer no consequence.

But @LAKid53 , what do you know about the bib pick up? :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Some people have the gift to run on everything and yet suffer no consequence.

But @LAKid53 , what do you know about the bib pick up? :)

rD is pretty adamant about allowing only the registered runner (or the parent) to pick up his/her bib. You have to provide photo ID and sign for your bib. Especially for the challenges - and they take your picture with the bib, which is verified to receive your challenge medal upon completing the Half.

So if you were planning on having someone else pick up your bib, probably not gonna happen.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Good to know when planning fight's. I cannot arive too late on Friday the 2nd, cause I need to pick up my bibs for the Two Course Challenge!

I'm in :eek::angelic:
Need to fix plane, hotel and park tickets in the next few weeks.

Expo typically closes at 7:00 PM on Friday.

RunningKoen

What about an overnight flight? Not ideal, but you wouldn't be cutting it close with Expo closing.

It already is an overnight flight for me. There are like 5 to 10 possible flights in a span on three days. All other flights are just different ways to connect to those 5-10 flights.

surfsupdon

@RunningKoen you can pick up your bib the morning of your race, remember. If that helps. Bring ID and arrive early.

The morning of the Dopey 5K, I got my bib pre race. The line was about 10-15mins. Very efficient.

My flight landed late night Wednesday. So I got my bib Thursday am....then went to the expo later that afternoon. Worked out seamlessly.

RunningKoen

@RunningKoen you can pick up your bib the morning of your race, remember. If that helps. Bring ID and arrive early.

The morning of the Dopey 5K, I got my bib pre race. The line was about 10-15mins. Very efficient.

My flight landed late night Wednesday. So I got my bib Thursday am....then went to the expo later that afternoon. Worked out seamlessly.

Great to know! In worst case, I'd only need the friday and monday of work, which are sure already. That why I booked.

Wont do the rotterdam or NY marathon at all, or any marathon in 2018. Cannot handle the impact of such training :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom