Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

fvrs7189

Right at noon, online and selected the Challenge. Went to start the registration process and boom, race on hold. Selected the 5k, managed to complete that and now EVERYTHING is on hold. Never had this happen so quickly with early registration for any Disney race. Wondering if something is wrong with the website...reason for my comment "did we break it?", lol.

I did get my 5k and was going to go for the 10k and same. hope it is a glitch. I am new to the AP as this is my first AP year. I have done rundisney before but always at general registration

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
5K just reopened, so maybe it is a glitch. I cannot believe the challenge would have sold out for early registration in 2 minutes....

EDIT: 5k on hold again, so they must be having issues with the site.

Mark P.

Does "sold out" mean that there won't be any spots available at noon next Tuesday? I couldn't find a way to register myself and my fiancee for the 10K simultaneously (both AP holders, not that it seemed to make a difference as long as you had the right URL) and only got myself registered before it filled up.

psherman42

Does "sold out" mean that there won't be any spots available at noon next Tuesday? I couldn't find a way to register myself and my fiancee for the 10K simultaneously (both AP holders, not that it seemed to make a difference as long as you had the right URL) and only got myself registered before it filled up.
It just means for DVC/AP it's sold out. It'll be open next week.

LAKid53

Premium Member

It means sold out for early registration. There will be spots available next Tuesday. I may have to do the same for the challenge. It's still showing on hold and that was my first selection right at noon and it was on hold almost immediately.

Mark P.

It just means for DVC/AP it's sold out. It'll be open next week.

It means sold out for early registration. There will be spots available next Tuesday. I may have to do the same for the challenge. It's still showing on hold and that was my first selection right at noon and it was on hold almost immediately.

Thanks. Just a little anxious because I'm not wild about having her watch from the sidelines -- was really hoping that we'd run this together. Hoping that we'll be a bit quicker on the draw next Tuesday!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Still hoping for the Lumiere challenge to open. If not, I guess I'll be waiting next Tuesday.

You and me both. I've never seen anything like this before in early registration - and I signed up for the Dark Side race about 2 hours after early registration opened up.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks. Just a little anxious because I'm not wild about having her watch from the sidelines -- was really hoping that we'd run this together. Hoping that we'll be a bit quicker on the draw next Tuesday!

I think they had website issues because other than the 5k, all the races seemed to go to on hold almost immediately. The half marathon keeps opening and closing.

psherman42

You and me both. I've never seen anything like this before in early registration - and I signed up for the Dark Side race about 2 hours after early registration opened up.
Wow. This is my first time trying with the DVC pre-registration but I know last year's Wine and Dine filled really quickly. I guess everybody wants to do the new thing lol. .

ETA: It's sold out. I guess I'll be trying Tuesday. If I can't get in, Star Wars in 2017 it is lol.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Wow. This is my first time trying with the DVC pre-registration but I know last year's Wine and Dine filled really quickly. I guess everybody wants to do the new thing lol. .

But last year wasn't the first year. The Challenge is now sold out. Will have to wait until next week. But at least I got my 5k and merchandise, lol.

Figment82

I'm in for another year of the half! Gotta keep the streak going. ;)

I was surprised to see that proof of time is only required for 2:45 and less. I just double checked and Dark Side required it for 3:15 or less. Since I'm slow, it looks like I don't need to submit anything this time. Maybe they figured the fewer proofs they had to deal with, the better?

psherman42

But last year wasn't the first year. The Challenge is now sold out. Will have to wait until next week. But at least I got my 5k and merchandise, lol.
That's good at least lol. My parents were trying for the 10k and didn't get in. I don't know f they'll try next week though since my dad will be in Florida.
I guess I should be on runDisney earlier than 10:59 next week..;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
I got into the challenge at exactly noon. Apparently it was gone within minutes.

When I clicked on it right at noon, it was available. But in the few moments it took me to proceed, it went on hold. Will have to wait for next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom