Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

WDWoptmist

How awesome is this! Best Christmas present ever! Highly recommend getting one done if you aren't sure if you want to spend the money it is def worth it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 75

ChristaH

I have a question about that. I received the pre-order for the WDW Half and it says that it comes with a finishers medal. So it is a second finishers medal in addition to the one you got on race day? Or it is just a place for your own finishers medal? Maybe I'm weirdly sentimental, but if I am framing something, I want it to be the one that hung around my neck on race day.

a2grafix

I have a question about that. I received the pre-order for the WDW Half and it says that it comes with a finishers medal. So it is a second finishers medal in addition to the one you got on race day? Or it is just a place for your own finishers medal? Maybe I'm weirdly sentimental, but if I am framing something, I want it to be the one that hung around my neck on race day.

Yes, a duplicate finishers meal is included in the display case thing. That is, unless there are any extra finishers medals left, then you might not get one included in your keepsake.

WDWoptmist

I got an exact duplicate on mine...and I still have my one I wore on race day as well just isn't on the plaque. It is the exact same medal though

dreamfinder

It depends on who you order it from. Some include a duplicate, others include a space for you to hang yours. You would need to read the details as different vendors do it differently. And heck, it's been a few years since I ordered one, they may all include a duplicate medal now.

Ariel484

Thanks for a great report, Ariel. I was really bummed to miss this year's race but I'm anxious to run it next year.
Thanks! I'm glad you posted about that because I went back and looked and none of my pictures were showing up...oops!

I was wondering how the race went for you...I'm sorry that you didn't get to run it. :( Were you able to defer your entry to next year?

Banzai

Ariel, my training took a serious hit with the new job. Going from sea-level to 8500 feet every 5-6 weeks put me way behind the power curve. I just couldn't acclimate quick enough to push out some distance and time. During the first rotation, I struggle to do 20 minutes by the end. Interestingly, it seems like each rotation, I acclimate faster. This week is the first time I've been able to get up to 30 minute runs up here, so I'm feeling good about doing the Disneyland Half in Aug. I'm an AP so I'm diligently watching the web site for the early registration option.
Also, I deferred for the WnD. gotta do that baby. I was seriously bummed about missing it.

Ariel484

Ariel, my training took a serious hit with the new job. Going from sea-level to 8500 feet every 5-6 weeks put me way behind the power curve. I just couldn't acclimate quick enough to push out some distance and time. During the first rotation, I struggle to do 20 minutes by the end. Interestingly, it seems like each rotation, I acclimate faster. This week is the first time I've been able to get up to 30 minute runs up here, so I'm feeling good about doing the Disneyland Half in Aug. I'm an AP so I'm diligently watching the web site for the early registration option.
Also, I deferred for the WnD. gotta do that baby. I was seriously bummed about missing it.
Gotcha...I remember you mentioning trying to acclimate. I'm glad you didn't lose your race entry fee!

I hope you get to do the Disneyland Half!! Make sure to sign up ASAP when registration opens, as I'm sure you know it seems to sell out in approximately 2.5 seconds. :)

Figment82

AP and DVC early registration opens Feb 26 at noon

Thanks for the heads up! Do they typically post a link on the DVC site? I never seem to receive the pre-reg emails. I'm terrified to see the cost this year - I can't believe Tower is up to $145!

dancingtodisney

So this will be my first Disney run! Whooop whooop!

I found this on a facebook page, does anyone know if the 4th March date is accurate?

1506075_10202880589512907_825066032_n.jpg

Also, I'm from Ireland and am wondering about the proof of time requirement, how would I know which 10km races over here are 'allowable' as proof of my pace??

Any advice appreciated.

dreamfinder

I found this on a facebook page, does anyone know if the 4th March date is accurate?

View attachment 45639

Also, I'm from Ireland and am wondering about the proof of time requirement, how would I know which 10km races over here are 'allowable' as proof of my pace??

Any advice appreciated.

Those dates look good. Pretty much any course is ok, especially if the course is certified.

Texas84

View attachment 45639

Any advice appreciated.

You picked a good one! :)

runDisney.com doesn't have the dates posted yet but the AP/DVC early registration is official so that sounds about right.

Any 10K that can be verified should be good. If they post results online you should be good to go.

imagination30

View attachment 45639

Any advice appreciated.
everything is good , bc those came from the official race expos.. you get them at the run Disney booth . so yes they are accurate dates and such.. just pick a date have fun and train then go enjoy:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom