Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For all our wishing runDisney would move the Half back to a nighttime race, I'm glad they didn't as the heavens opened up shortly after 8:00pm and it didn't stop raining until around 11:00 - that would have been miserable.

Figment82

For all our wishing runDisney would move the Half back to a nighttime race, I'm glad they didn't as the heavens opened up shortly after 8:00pm and it didn't stop raining until around 11:00 - that would have been miserable.

Oh that sounds awful! 🙁 Was the after-party pretty much a washout? We went to bed around 9 and I could hear the rain, and thought about you guys. I hope you were all still able to meet up and have some fun despite the weather. Hoping the drier weather holds out today, as I have my 10-year service celebration at MK tonight.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh that sounds awful! 🙁 Was the after-party pretty much a washout? We went to bed around 9 and I could hear the rain, and thought about you guys. I hope you were all still able to meet up and have some fun despite the weather. Hoping the drier weather holds out today, as I have my 10-year service celebration at MK tonight.

I know people were starting to leave. No fun getting rain water in your wine.

surfsupdon

It was a great night despite the rain. Fun friends, good food, solid drinks.

We gotta see the picture!! I was in it. POST POST!

The afterparty itself had far fewer rides than in years past, and the character meets were plush instead of face. Def downgrade in the afterparty. But I still loved it bc the booths and music.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

The afterparty itself had far fewer rides than in years past, and the character meets were plush instead of face. Def downgrade in the afterparty. But I still loved it bc the booths and music.

How many of you managed to meet up?

LAKid53

Premium Member

So, in spite of the rain, most of the booths were open and characters were out? That's good. People on my bus back to WL were bummed because if the rain.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ok, ladies and gentlemen. By popular demand, I present....the Four W&D Mouseketeers!

20181104_221454.jpg

From left to right - @RunningKoen, @surfsupdon (don't you just love his hat?), @DznyGrlSD and yours truly, The Kid.

It was great meeting my fellow runners and WDW enthusiasts. And we were all envious of someone's Castle to Chateau medal.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Ok, ladies and gentlemen. By popular demand, I present....the Four W&D Mouseketeers!

View attachment 324546

From left to right - @RunningKoen, @surfsupdon (don't you just love his hat?), @DznyGrlSD and yours truly, The Kid.

It was great meeting my fellow runners and WDW enthusiasts. And we were all envious of someone's Castle to Chateau medal.

So the real question is: were there flamingo socks to go with the hat Don?

Thanks for posting. And I’m pretty sure I posted the photo from our unintentional meet up in DLP on that thread, didn’t I @RunningKoen ?

So @DznyGrlSD - what are your thoughts after your first Disney races?

LAKid53

Premium Member
So the real question is: were there flamingo socks to go with the hat Don?

Thanks for posting. And I’m pretty sure I posted the photo from our unintentional meet up in DLP on that thread, didn’t I @RunningKoen ?

So @DznyGrlSD - what are your thoughts after your first Disney races?

Apparently he wore them for the race. Which I missed when I yelled out his name waiting in line for the port-a-potties....

RunningKoen

@LAKid53 - no reason to be jealous of our Chateau to Castle challenge medals ... there’s a pretty easy way for you to earn one too 😂
I knew this would be there!
@Swissmiss our picture is posted somewhere! I guess the Paris topic?

I love the photo of us. It was great meeting you! And I saw @DznyGrlSD today :)

It's hard to compare my WDW races: the marathon 2017 will forever be my first marathon (the only one untill today) and my first WDW trip.

However, this runweekend was amazing, despite my misfortune. It lived up to Any expectation I had. Combined with the runDisney France weekend my runDisney year had been perfect. Cannot wait what 2019 will bring.

To throw in some stuff to discuss: I have a severe first world problem. I ran so fast that my photostop in Pandora is worthless, way to dark. 🙁
And secondly: this weekend makes me nervous for Princess. I'm already struggling a lot with food and sleep for the races. Making 40.000+ steps daily. Dopey will be unlikely for me.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I knew this would be there!
@Swissmiss our picture is posted somewhere! I guess the Paris topic?

I love the photo of us. It was great meeting you! And I saw @DznyGrlSD today :)

It's hard to compare my WDW races: the marathon 2017 will forever be my first marathon (the only one untill today) and my first WDW trip.

However, this runweekend was amazing, despite my misfortune. It lived up to Any expectation I had. Combined with the runDisney France weekend my runDisney year had been perfect. Cannot wait what 2019 will bring.

To throw in some stuff to discuss: I have a severe first world problem. I ran so fast that my photostop in Pandora is worthless, way to dark. 🙁
And secondly: this weekend makes me nervous for Princess. I'm already struggling a lot with food and sleep for the races. Making 40.000+ steps daily. Dopey will be unlikely for me.

We are glad you made it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom