Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

WDW_Emily

Thoughts on the course? I personally loved the 5k course but hated the 10k. Way too crowded the first 4 miles on the road, and very little time in the parks. I did like all the water stations though seemed like there were more this time than previous races.

Corral A for the 5k and D for the 10k

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thoughts on the course? I personally loved the 5k course but hated the 10k. Way too crowded the first 4 miles on the road, and very little time in the parks. I did like all the water stations though seemed like there were more this time than previous races.

Corral A for the 5k and D for the 10k

Wasn't it the same course as last year? Be grateful there was no HS to Epcot via Boardwalk - that's always a bottleneck. Last thing I wanted to run was a wet Boardwalk after the rain last night.

WDW_Emily

Wasn't it the same course as last year? Be grateful there was no HS to Epcot via Boardwalk - that's always a bottleneck. Last thing I wanted to run was a wet Boardwalk after the rain last night.
This is very true. However I did miss the people cheering in the resorts

RunningKoen

I'm proud of my slowest time ever. It also was my most constant run ever, only stopping for water post and the good photo stops. It's the best I could in these conditions & for the first time I paced within my limits.

IMG_7459.JPG

LAKid53

Premium Member
My slowest time, but I'm done! Knee started bothering my around Mile 9, so I stopped at one of the medical tents and slathered biofreeze all over it.

Congrats to everyone.

I'm hitting the hot tub, in my running gear. I don't care what people may think.

Figment82

I took 10 minutes off my time from Star Wars. I figure from 24 weeks pregnant to 14 weeks postpartum, that’s not half bad! Pretty far off where I had been last year, but I didn’t get to train as much as I hoped (only did one long run a week), so I was pleased!

I thought the whole event went really well. I was glad the rain was very brief and the BoardWalk was dry by the time I got there. Can’t wait for #10 next year! But in the meantime, I have the Space Coast Half in just 3 weeks so it’s time to recover and get ready to do it all over again.

Congrats to everyone who ran this weekend!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I took 10 minutes off my time from Star Wars. I figure from 24 weeks pregnant to 14 weeks postpartum, that’s not half bad! Pretty far off where I had been last year, but I didn’t get to train as much as I hoped (only did one long run a week), so I was pleased!

I thought the whole event went really well. I was glad the rain was very brief and the BoardWalk was dry by the time I got there. Can’t wait for #10 next year! But in the meantime, I have the Space Coast Half in just 3 weeks so it’s time to recover and get ready to do it all over again.

Congrats to everyone who ran this weekend!

I was glad the Boardwalk was dry, too. But running through a rainy Pandora wasn't fun. Had to slow down and carefully walk as my feet were slipping on occassion. Glad it was overcast.

Figment82

I was glad the Boardwalk was dry, too. But running through a rainy Pandora wasn't fun. Had to slow down and carefully walk as my feet were slipping on occassion. Glad it was overcast.

Same here - that area really showed down my pace. I had to pull over under Satuli’s roof so I could put some things in a bag. By the time I was passing Tiffins, the rain was done. Figures! Haha!

RunningKoen

How was the section after studios? It was very narrow due to constructions. I got passed it easy as corral A runner. I think for everyone in B, it can be a hard part

LAKid53

Premium Member
How was the section after studios? It was very narrow due to constructions. I got passed it easy as corral A runner. I think for everyone in B, it can be a hard part

That pathway is always a congested nightmare, now made worse by the construction for the gondolas. I'm used to it by now and don't even try to run.

Paper straw fan

I’d been told the after party wasn’t really crowded last year, and that a hurricane didn’t make landfall at bay Lake either. 0 for 2. This blows

Edit- we just left..only things open are outside, and it’s a monsoon out. That was about as fun as having your girlfriend dump you on the same day your dog died.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom