Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Texas84

Yeah, I wimped out. With family. We took the bus from AK to Epcot to catch Illuminations and all heck broke loose when we got there. I wasn't going to make them get even more drenched. Sorry I missed you all.

10K was great. Might be able to use that for a qualifier. Half was miserable. Too much Epcot the day before. Started raining right at start. I think I still heard starting fireworks from AK. I finished, got cleaned up and went right to Epcot. No nap. We did Universal Monday and had a blast.

JillC LI

Ok, ladies and gentlemen. By popular demand, I present....the Four W&D Mouseketeers!

View attachment 324546

From left to right - @RunningKoen, @surfsupdon (don't you just love his hat?), @DznyGrlSD and yours truly, The Kid.

It was great meeting my fellow runners and WDW enthusiasts. And we were all envious of someone's Castle to Chateau medal.
Great pic! So fun to meet up with fellow wdwmagic fans.

surfsupdon

10K was great. Might be able to use that for a qualifier. Half was miserable. Too much Epcot the day before. Started raining right at start. I think I still heard starting fireworks from AK. I finished, got cleaned up and went right to Epcot. No nap. We did Universal Monday and had a blast.

After a race I eat a bounty platter and then soak in a hot tub for about 40mins. Then I nap/lie down till lunch.

Your style is crazy lol but respectable

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yeah, I wimped out. With family. We took the bus from AK to Epcot to catch Illuminations and all heck broke loose when we got there. I wasn't going to make them get even more drenched. Sorry I missed you all.

Yeah, the rain was definitely a bummer. I left shortly after they threw us out of Mexico into the rain. As I mentioned, it stopped raining just as I got back to my resort.

But we thought it'd be nice to meet up again, so if you're there for any of the races Marathon weekend, please join us.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm back! Sorry, I don't get online much on vacation.

Had a BLAST at my 1st rD event despite the humidity Friday & rain Sunday. Loved the after-party - I spent most of the night in Morocco watching the Adventurer's Club perform once the rain stopped.

So great putting a face to a name from this group and I hope to see some of you for Princess weekend!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Find it interesting that there were more than twice the number of women than men running both the 10k and Half.

surfsupdon

2019: October 31 - November 3. Too close to Halloween?
Yeah I don’t like this.

Wine&Dine began as a Christmas themed running event. The AK was decorated for the Jingle Jungle, snowfall at the start corrals, and a nice Christmas theme.

The night time Half Marathon ran through a decorated Studios and specifically those Osborne Lights. Lot of characters in Christmas outfits.

It was always a nice beginning to the Season!! Whereas the Tower 13K/10Milers were more focused on Halloween.

Christmas and Holidays have been stripped from the Wine&Dine.

And now it’s Halloween Weekend lol.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Kinda like the 10/31 start of the weekend. We did this year as a couples weekend. Ran my first half... woot woot!

If we go back next year, it will be with the kids. MNSSHP on Halloween sounds fun.

Figment82

2019: October 31 - November 3. Too close to Halloween?
Yeah I don’t like this.

Wine&Dine began as a Christmas themed running event. The AK was decorated for the Jingle Jungle, snowfall at the start corrals, and a nice Christmas theme.

The night time Half Marathon ran through a decorated Studios and specifically those Osborne Lights. Lot of characters in Christmas outfits.

It was always a nice beginning to the Season!! Whereas the Tower 13K/10Milers were more focused on Halloween.

Christmas and Holidays have been stripped from the Wine&Dine.

And now it’s Halloween Weekend lol.

Actually, the first few years, W&D was held in the beginning of October. The inaugural race was October 2, 2010. I remember missing the special fireworks for MK’s 40th due to the race being the same night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom