Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Swissmiss

Premium Member
About 30 days out. Start watching for info. Tried to buy some pins but no option. Sold out?

At a certain point they did this with DLP merchandise - was going to preorder some pins and they were no longer on sale (and there were plenty at the expo). I hesitated because I get a pass holder discount but if I remember the preorder price correctly I would have come out ahead to preorder

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm micro-managing my plans right now - will there be food kiosks open for the after party? If so I'll cancel my ADRs for the 4th :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
New look runDisney site PLUS event guide:

https://guide.rundisney.events/

Looking at the Expo for a 1st timer -

how long should I plan to spend at the Expo looking/shopping?

Should I go to the Expo right away on Thursday morning or wait 'til a little later in day (after lunch)? I'm doing the 5k too so I'll need my packet Thursday

Can I get to WWoS directly from MK (that's where my fastpasses are that morning)?

EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!! I'M GETTING SO EXCITED!!!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Looking at the Expo for a 1st timer -

how long should I plan to spend at the Expo looking/shopping?

Should I go to the Expo right away on Thursday morning or wait 'til a little later in day (after lunch)? I'm doing the 5k too so I'll need my packet Thursday

Can I get to WWoS directly from MK (that's where my fastpasses are that morning)?

EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!! I'M GETTING SO EXCITED!!!!

1. At least 2-3 hours. My advice, go to the Arena first and pickup up any pre-ordered merchandise before you buy any rD merchandise at the Arena - you won't need your bib for that, just ID. That way you won't buy something you forgot you pre-ordered. Then go to the Pavilion to turn in your waivers, get your bibs and photo taken if you're running the Challenge. Then over to the Visa Center for vendor shopping and race shirts.

2. If you want any of the premo merchandise, I'd go late morning. I usually get to the Expo around 10:30 - 11:00 AM.

3. No, unless you drive, Uber or Minnie Van from MK. The Expo buses only run from the resorts to WWoS....and Disney Springs, I hear. I've never seen buses from the parks to WWoS.

I notice the guide doesn't provide the operating times for the buses from the resorts race morning. If I remember, the buses start about 2 hours before race start time and they want you on the bus 1.5 hours before race start time. So buses for 5K & 10K start operating at 3:30 AM and they want you on them by 4:00 AM. For the Half, buses start operating at 3:00 AM and they want you on them by 3:30 AM. There will be signs in the resort lobby with the operating times for the buses for both the Expo and races. The buses are charters and will have a stop different than Disney buses. There will be signs around the resort directing you to the Expo/race buses.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
3. No, unless you drive, Uber or Minnie Van from MK. The Expo buses only run from the resorts to WWoS....and Disney Springs, I hear. I've never seen buses from the parks to WWoS.

I notice the guide doesn't provide the operating times for the buses from the resorts race morning. If I remember, the buses start about 2 hours before race start time and they want you on the bus 1.5 hours before race start time. So buses for 5K & 10K start operating at 3:30 AM and they want you on them by 4:00 AM. For the Half, buses start operating at 3:00 AM and they want you on them by 3:30 AM. There will be signs in the resort lobby with the operating times for the buses for both the Expo and races. The buses are charters and will have a stop different than Disney buses. There will be signs around the resort directing you to the Expo/race buses.

Can I grab the bus from the Contemporary to WWoS then? I don't want to re-book my fastpasses LOL

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

We were at Pop for the Marathon in January (not running) and I noticed the different/charter busses! As always, thanks for the advice!!!

RunningKoen

Not liking the lack of Epcot resorts at the 10K route. Happy with the half route. Not sure what I think about the new site & guide

Anyone any experience with the Castle to Chateau challenge? If you wanna get it in Paris, you have to add proof during your registration. Not possible for W&D event.

BoardwalkGlenn

And the 10K route is different. No Epcot resorts. I think I like this.

I was hoping the route would go along the Boardwalk as that's where we're staying. I told my partner all he has to do is wake up when I'm getting close, wave at me from the balcony of our room, and then go back to bed. Oh well...guess he gets to sleep in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom