Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

RunningKoen

Medals are revealed!

Blog article

I liked the medals from last year more, to be honest.

wdh1092381209382-613x800.jpg

RunningKoen

Those are kinda boring for my 1st rD event #disappointed

Not at al! Your first medals will always be special to you, no matter what they look. It would be worse if you have other medals to compare it with, like some of us do.

This definitely won't be the nicest bunchof medals I'll get from rD. But I love the event and the C2C challenge it brings me, so I'll enjoy these medals and be proud of them nonetheless.

I do like the colours of the lanyards, while I normally think they are over the top.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Not at al! Your first medals will always be special to you, no matter what they look. It would be worse if you have other medals to compare it with, like some of us do.

This definitely won't be the nicest bunchof medals I'll get from rD. But I love the event and the C2C challenge it brings me, so I'll enjoy these medals and be proud of them nonetheless.

I do like the colours of the lanyards, while I normally think they are over the top.

Does everything have to rose gold?!

RunningKoen

Okay, after a few hours and a second and third look:

- the 5 K one is nice and probably the best, but Im not running the 5K ... The lanyard is a bit darkish.
- the 10K one isn't that bad. Slightly overkill on the blue, but somehow it works with the colour of the medal.
- The half one is a lot of paint. What is the shape of the medal? Showcase lagoon? What buildings on the medal? Mickey looks good and I do love the colour of the lanyard. One of the best I've ever seen.
- The challenge one. Hmm. I like the rose gold look. The images on the medal are nice and the shape is funny.

I can live with these. Im excited for it :)

The one who disappoints is the kids race

wdh40569845069845-613x781.jpg

Compares with this

dd092b5c1132c198e90ab42db1caed84--disneyland-paris-half-marathons.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Okay, after a few hours and a second and third look:

- the 5 K one is nice and probably the best, but Im not running the 5K ... The lanyard is a bit darkish.
- the 10K one isn't that bad. Slightly overkill on the blue, but somehow it works with the colour of the medal.
- The half one is a lot of paint. What is the shape of the medal? Showcase lagoon? What buildings on the medal? Mickey looks good and I do love the colour of the lanyard. One of the best I've ever seen.
- The challenge one. Hmm. I like the rose gold look. The images on the medal are nice and the shape is funny.

I can live with these. Im excited for it :)

The one who disappoints is the kids race

wdh40569845069845-613x781.jpg

Compares with this

dd092b5c1132c198e90ab42db1caed84--disneyland-paris-half-marathons.jpg

I'm impressed with none of this year's medals.

DLP needs to hire you to do their PR. 😉

ETA: and the color of the lanyards clash with the colors of the medals, especially the challenge. Rose gold & yellow? The Half's lanyard would go better with the challenge medal, colorwise.

Last edited:

RunningKoen

Im not impressed either. But Im traveling 4500 miles for this. I do wanna have some happy moments in the steps (reservations, FP's, medals, merchandise) before the race, and lots of complaining (not you guys, but some facebook comments) wont help a lot. So I tried to find some decent things about them.

On the bright side: this probably means I can resist buying all the merch. The Princess merch was impeccable, completely in style with each race theme and medal.

Like you said, the combination of bright yellow and rose fold is sad. No matter how hard I tried, cant be positive about that.
And I'm really glad I cant get a kids race medal. It is one the worst, ever, imho.

The picture of the DLP medal isn't my own. Google is your best friend :)

surfsupdon

I think the medals look great, especially that classic look at Mickey. But I do agree- my favorite WineDineHalf medals include Spaceship Earth (like many have) or an homage to the countries (like the passport).

Still really looking forward to this race weekend.

And announcer Carissa ‘announced’ on her Insta that she is approved to be runDisney announcer for another season!!! Fortunately for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom