Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I’m looking forward to getting back into training as well! My precious little girl came into the world on Sunday, so I’m in hardcore recovery mode for a little while. I hadn’t been able to even get out and walk much close to the end of my pregnancy, so I’m a worried it’ll be a difficult road to get back to even the slow pathetic pace I was months ago. 😂

Congrats on the birth of your daughter! You can join a few of us at the back in November.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I’m looking forward to getting back into training as well! My precious little girl came into the world on Sunday, so I’m in hardcore recovery mode for a little while. I hadn’t been able to even get out and walk much close to the end of my pregnancy, so I’m a worried it’ll be a difficult road to get back to even the slow pathetic pace I was months ago. 😂

Congratulations!

Figment82

RunningKoen

What are the average portion sizes of the food items? And the pricing? Someone Dutch mentioned the festival works mostly uses snack credits if you're on dining plan, making it a nice alternative for the average donut/cupcake snack.

dreamfinder

What are the average portion sizes of the food items? And the pricing? Someone Dutch mentioned the festival works mostly uses snack credits if you're on dining plan, making it a nice alternative for the average donut/cupcake snack.

Small-ish servings, at a bit of a markup. You can see the full set of menus from last year here -> https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/int...val-marketplace-kiosks,-menus-and-pricing.htm Lots of trip reports show pictures, and sites like the Disney Food Blog usually do full blown reporting on each and every dish.

I think it's something like a 10oz beer serving for $4 and up. Not too terrible, but they used to have size options and I think you could get a 22oz beer for $10 in a souvenir mug.

RunningKoen

I definitely like the prices for the smaller portions. It's an amazing and relatively cheap way to try a lot of different foods. Even if the prices are (slightly) higher, it's great. The average donut and cupcake is 4-5 dollar aswell.

Edit: American portions, even appetizers, are often larger than the European ones. Sounds like a plan for me.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I definitely like the prices for the smaller portions. It's an amazing and relatively cheap way to try a lot of different foods. Even if the prices are (slightly) higher, it's great. The average donut and cupcake is 4-5 dollar aswell.

Edit: American portions, even appetizers, are often larger than the European ones. Sounds like a plan for me.

Don't forget registration for the Half includes a $15 Disney gift card you can use towards that food.

surfsupdon

84 days!! Where we staying??

I’ll be at AKL Jambo. Only my 2nd time staying there.....first time was for the final Expedition Everest. So it’s still very new to me.

surfsupdon

Don't remind me. I need to focus on training.

Boulder Ridge at WL. My go to resort. Close enough to MK.
Glad you got your go to Resort! Makes a difference. I want to get over there and see the cabins..... my stay at WL was prior to the changes.

Unfortunately mine were all filled up at Yacht Beach BoardWalk so I am stuck at AKL.
Will continue to try, but will need to nab a discount. Rack rate is never an option.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Glad you got your go to Resort! Makes a difference. I want to get over there and see the cabins..... my stay at WL was prior to the changes.

Unfortunately mine were all filled up at Yacht Beach BoardWalk so I am stuck at AKL.
Will continue to try, but will need to nab a discount. Rack rate is never an option.

Cabins are very nice, from the outside. And each group of them (3-4) have a nice Viking gas grill available. Actually, anyone at the resort can use it.

Stayed at WL the first time on a online travel discount. Loved it. So when I decided to buy into DVC, that's where I chose.

I read on another thread that Disney will be updating the lodge (cash) rooms in the near future. They need it. Don't really like the dark wood and other furnishings - makes the room feel dark and out of date. Hope they do something similar to the Copper Creek rooms - wood, but a lighter color and keeping the cabin feel - upscale cabin. While not the largest DVC rooms, they did a great job of designing the space. Disappointed I couldn't get a studio at Copper Creek for January, so I'm at Bay Lake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom