Disney, VR/AR, and Apple's WWDC 2023

dreday3

Call me old fashioned, but in the context of AR headsets at Disney parks, it just seems like a copout for lazy imagineering. What used to require innovative and complex solutions to make imaginary things come to life (take for example, audio animatronics) can now just be shown on a screen strapped to your face.

This isn't to diminish the innovation of these products, such as Apple Vision Pro, but in the context of real life experiences at Disney parks, it just stinks.

I'm confused now - this is for while you are in the parks? I thought it was home entertainment.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Oh great.

How about partnering to rebuild the Imagination pavilion as Jobs was planning before his untimely demise.

I know you've hinted at this before but wasn't there a lot more than just that one project that Jobs wanted to partner on before his health took a turn for the worse?

Tha Realest

So who is this product for?
The cupcake brigade that wants to look down on an isolated running of the MSEP from the perspective of God

1685992740427.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Theoretically everyone. This is the next every day use type device. While it may seem silly now. So did plenty of tech in its early stages. Apple Watch was looked at as silly. iPad, iPhone. All of it. Now will this pan to be those devices? Yet to be seen but you’ve gotta start somewhere.
Yeah this is a huge moment. This is the very first device in what will ultimately become the way everything will be.

Brian

Theoretically everyone. This is the next every day use type device. While it may seem silly now. So did plenty of tech in its early stages. Apple Watch was looked at as silly. iPad, iPhone. All of it. Now will this pan to be those devices? Yet to be seen but you’ve gotta start somewhere.
Yeah, as much as it feels like "it's different this time," I was wrong about Apple Watch and iPad when they were first introduced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom