Disney visitors remember monorail pilot Austin Wuennenberg (Video)

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
This has been posted several times over in various threads. I feel its appropriate to repost it in it's own thread as it keeps getting buried in the primary accident discussion.

Its a very sad story and gut-wrenching video as well as story. It's also firsthand representation about the Disney Magic and wide-eyed wonder that each and every cast member can bring to a child.

Here's the Link

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It definitely deserves it's own thread. I've seen it in most of the other threads, but like you said, it quickly gets lost.

It certainly brought tears to my eyes.

HMF

This was a guy who obviousley loved what he did and I think when you love what you do it makes it all worth while.

promod1955

I was just getting ready to post this video in a new thread when I saw this one. Seemed like a great person. RIP Austin.:(

EPCOTPluto

RIP Austin :(

It's probably wrong to mention this, but I remember him now! I did remember a ride in the Pilot's cabin with him. He certainly did enjoy his job, being so enthusiastic.

ryguy

From one Hatter to another, RIP Austin. As an alumnus, when I heard the news that you were a student at Stetson, it hurt that much more. I went to Stetson because I wanted to work for Disney, so I am sure we have a lot in common. After seeing this video it made me really proud. You are a great ambassador for our University. You will be sorely missed. :(
Ryan
Class of '98

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Wow. That is sad. I hope his family can find peace one day.

I guess it puts into perspective the lasting impression that you have on someone even if it is for a few seconds. Hypothetically, if Austin had been a jerk to this family, that is the only way they would have known him.

I know that I could do a better job. A much better job.

sweetpee_1993

Thanks, Dave. I hadn't seen that yet. I've been busy and haven't been able to spend time wading thru long threads. That video was beautiful and I, too, hope his family can see it.

KevinFSU

Yes, RIP. Let's also remember the others involved in this. While certainly careless errors by several individuals led to this happening, they have to be devastated as well knowing that they contributed to the death of someone. Hope they can handle things.

Tinkyroo

I really have been consumed by this whole tragedy. I feel so badly for what happened to this sweet young man. I also feel so badly for his mother. She lost her husband (Austin's dad) when Austin was only 2 years old and Austin was her only child. As a wife and mother this breaks my heart. I hope his mother takes some comfort in the fact that because of the actions Austin was able to take he gave that family of 6 the safe outcome they had. I can't help but think it he was still going forward the impact would have been much worse and the passengers especially the little children could have been killed.

RIP Austin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom