Disney visitors remember monorail pilot Austin Wuennenberg (Video)

Fashionista007

I really have been consumed by this whole tragedy. I feel so badly for what happened to this sweet young man. I also feel so badly for his mother. She lost her husband (Austin's dad) when Austin was only 2 years old and Austin was her only child. As a wife and mother this breaks my heart. I hope his mother takes some comfort in the fact that because of the actions Austin was able to take he gave that family of 6 the safe outcome they had. I can't help but think it he was still going forward the impact would have been much worse and the passengers especially the little children could have been killed.

RIP Austin

Wow I hadn't heard that his mother lost her husband as well. That poor woman! Tragedy seems to surround her :(

I agree that we should also think about the impact this incident is having on the 3 other CM's involved. The media is relentless.

pinkrose

Dave, I agree that this video deserves a thread of it's own. Thanks. It brings tears to my eyes each time I watch it.

WDW 3

WOW what a wonderful young man. We had the opportunity to ride up front several years ago with frankly and old crab. I don't think he said good morning. They have lost one of the best, truly an example of what a great ambassador should be!!!

Disneybird

Yes, RIP. Let's also remember the others involved in this. While certainly careless errors by several individuals led to this happening, they have to be devastated as well knowing that they contributed to the death of someone. Hope they can handle things.

Well said.
My heart aches for Austin's family and those who knew him. But I have thought so often about the other pilot and what he must be going through. He and the other cast members involved or at the TTC will live with this the rest of their lives. How sad.

828tnt

just beyond words......

i will say, from this video, that he is an ideal cast member. perfect with a family. i hope disney uses this in some way in its traditions program!!!!!

god bless!

tnt

Bluewaves

He was a true example of the best of Disney Cast Members, he will certainly be missed and its a loss to the whole of Disney World not to have such an excellent young man.

I can only hope that his mom finds solace in the fact that he died doing something he loved and had a passion for and trying to protect the guests he had in the train with him.

Figments Friend

WDWMonoWingsbadge.jpg

"One Rail, One Family"

------------------------------------

:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom