Disney Visa Credit Card: Who has it and do you like it?

gettingsmaller

I just got one this March/April for our upcoming Sept trip. That way, I got the 2-day headstart on free dining and I'll have it for the Meet and Greet, etc.. HOWEVER, I do not intend use it for everyday purchases. Instead, I use my Citibank card--I get the same percentage back, but it's cash that I can spend anywhere (not just at Disney). Also, have Discover that pays 5% on gas. So, I try to optimize my rewards where I can.
If the reward was 5% or something, I might be tempted to take the Disney dollars, but since it's only 1% (and the same as my card that gives CASH back), I'd rather just use my other card and have the cash...

DISMOM

We have had the Disney Visa since 2003 and love it. We visited The World in 2004 and 2006. During our 2006 visit, our family of four, myself, hubby, DD 10 and DS 7 ate from Monday lunch until Friday lunch, with t shirts and fun stuff included, on 510 Disney Dollars that we earned curtesy of Chase Visa. We pay it off every month and charge items we would normally buy anyway. We love it and hopefully someday it will help to earn us a stay at the Poly. ha.

disneygirl1

I've had the card since 2003 too. I love it. I too do not use it all the time, but was able to acrew over 300 points for our last visit to the World in May. The points were a big help, we were able to use them to pay for our Character Breakfast for 4 people at Chef Mickey's, as well as buy "sovinears" for our son.

MeTa

I am jealous of my mother and father, they have thier card and on the part where it says cardmember it says "Day 1"

wdwmomof3

I don't have one, as a matter of fact, I don't have any. We paid them off and cut them up several years ago. I must say that this one is very tempting though. Am I right that someone said that you get double points when you book your trip using the card? This could be an easy way to earn some Disney dollars. :)

Lucky

We had nearly $500 in Disney Rewards dollars to pay toward our trip the other day. The rest of the trip is charged on Disney Visa at 0% for 6 months. And of course we were able to book a free dining package a week before it was available to non-cardholders.

BRER STITCH

I am jealous of my mother and father, they have thier card and on the part where it says cardmember it says "Day 1"

I'm a "Since Day One" Disney Visa cardholder too! :sohappy:

Are there many of us left on the Boards these days? :shrug:

Nebrfan

Love the card. We use it to pay for everything, and pay it off every month so we never pay finance charges. We even put most of our bills on it automatically so we don't have to write many checks. Our house payment is the only regular check we write anymore. I don't even carry much cash.

We use ours to pay off our maintanence fees for our Beach Club timeshare, and anything left over to pay for tickets, food, etc.

I also agree with a previous poster who noted that it becomes a great conversation starter with a lot of various people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom