Disney Visa Credit Card: Who has it and do you like it?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I would like one, you can never have too much plastic in your wallet, but its not open to Johnny Foreigner.

Credit card companies in the UK like people who dont pay off the balance its how they make money, its if you dont pay the minimum monthly bills they worry, or so Im told.

AND

From someone who worked at a credit reporting agency, that is 100% untrue. Charges accrued in one month and completely paid off with no carry over does NOT reflect badly on your credit whatsoever.
I'm glad you chimed in with a knowledgable contradiction. The idea of paying your bills on time, in full each month does seem like a good thing to me.

To Blackride:

How would that work against your credit score?

CBOMB

I would like one, you can never have too much plastic in your wallet, but its not open to Johnny Foreigner.

Credit card companies in the UK like people who dont pay off the balance its how they make money, its if you dont pay the minimum monthly bills they worry, or so Im told.

AND
It would seem Disney would try to set something up with a major bank in the United Kingdom. They are fond of Brits with money in their pockets. I've heard they even try to wrangle it out of Scotts. With all the discounts they offer trying to draw in British money, a credit card would only make since. Especially when Brits spend so much to get there, and usually stay longer. I'm still trying to decipher that one word at a time message, but it's pretty hard to follow them all.

WDWFigment

We love it! I do get a ton of comments on it. But better then that, we should have about $700 for our trip in the fall! Woo hoo!!:sohappy:

How long did it take you to charge $700,000 to the card?! That is insane!

On the topic at hand, I love the card. Chase's service is phenomenal, in my opinion, and the additional benefits of the card (some mentioned 10% off World of Disney) such as the free photo at character meetings, 30% off Disney tours, and free stroller rental (DL only) make it a great card for the trip! One percent back may not be the greatest, but I think the other benefits make up for it.

Oh, how could I forget the $50 gift certificate I got to DisneyShopping.com when I signed up for the card, and $25 off a $25 purchase with my first use of the card on DisneyShopping.com. Made my Song of the South big fig only cost $55 shipped!

CBOMB

On the topic at hand, I love the card. Chase's service is phenomenal, in my opinion, and the additional benefits of the card (some mentioned 10% off World of Disney) such as the free photo at character meetings, 30% off Disney tours, and free stroller rental (DL only) make it a great card for the trip! One percent back may not be the greatest, but I think the other benefits make up for it.

Oh, how could I forget the $50 gift certificate I got to DisneyShopping.com when I signed up for the card, and $25 off a $25 purchase with my first use of the card on DisneyShopping.com. Made my Song of the South big fig only cost $55 shipped!
I beleive it only takes $70,000.00 in spending to get $700.00. I believe that is the most you can accumulate before you have to start cashing it in. If you purchase several big ticket items it's really pretty easy to do. Also if you save your points for several years it's pretty easy to have 700 points, especially if you make sure , and put everything you can on there.

Dayma

To Blackride:

How would that work against your credit score?

I am not really certified to explain this honestly. I would suggest contacting a pro rather than listening to anyone on the WDW boards :)

Do any credit check with one of the top three and this will show up as a red flag if you put enough on the card. I am not going to argue with anyone at all.

I am not really certified to explain this honestly. I would suggest contacting a pro rather than listening to anyone on the WDW boards :)

Do any credit check with one of the top three and this will show up as a red flag. I am not going to argue with anyone at all.

Don't take it the wrong way. I don't want to argue. I really don't know how it would work against you and hoped you could explain.

Although experts would probably tell me to know my score just for GP, I haven't felt the need to check.

Dayma

Don't take it the wrong way. I don't want to argue. I really don't know how it would work against you and hoped you could explain.

Although experts would probably tell me to know my score just for GP, I haven't felt the need to check.

No, No, I was not refering to you arguing with me :) . Sorry if it sounded like that. I was just telling people my personal experience with this issue and that's all I can really talk about since I am not an expert and would hate to explain something to you wrongly.

sorceresssamara

Not to show off or anything, but the bottom of mine doesn't say "Charter Member", but "From Day 1".

I am also a charter member:wave: Makes me feel special. I think it's a pretty decent card, and I too enjoy the novelty of having a disney credit card. I miss the orginal card though

Disneyfalcon

Okay I almost spit my drink all over my keyboard when I read that!! My DH would KILL me! :lol: Cbomb is right it was roughly $70,000. Disney Visa frequently offers double bonuses if you spend over a certain amount each month. So with a few big purchases I've earned some bonus rewards too.:)

cooleo

I like mine. I use it a good bit & usually end up with about $300 to $400 Reward Dollars for my trips down to WDW each year.

TikiBeckie

Do any credit check with one of the top three and this will show up as a red flag if you put enough on the card. I am not going to argue with anyone at all.

Again, I will say as someone who worked for Experian, it does not reflect badly to charge items on your card and pay them off, only when you do not pay them off. You used the figure of $4,000...saying even paying it off will reflect badly. So if you only charge $100 and pay it off, the same rules do not apply? Think about this. Ratios of debt to credit available is only calculated when balances are not paid. Sorry, but just because I am "on the WDW boards" does not mean I don't have real experience with this.

Negotiate the percentage

Does anyone know if you can negotiate the percentage on this card down? I know if you call to cancel a credit card they will sometimes do that if you find a card at a lower rate. Do you lose your points if you do so? Or if you transfer your balance to a card with a lower rate do they take your points away? :shrug: Thanks

Disney MDACK

It is ok. Getting only 1% back is not so great. I get 5% back with my GM card which is better, but everything helps when you are spending money down at WDW.

mousefan1972

I agree that it's ok. My Citibank Dividend card has better rewards (5% on gas and groceries, etc), but I do like having a "Disney" card in my wallet, and it is a good conversation starter!

BTW, does anyone know if you can use your reward points to actually pay for part of your vacation, or can you use them only at the parks? I could just try to find all the stuff they sent me when I got the card, but asking here is easier. :)

Sloan

Love it

It's a 'conversation starter', (its the best looking card I have, and it also says "Charter Cardmember") and its always nice to have the Disney Dollars come vacation time. I understand that the Disney Dollars can be used to pay for vacation expenses, however I always seem to use them at World of Disney ... (where they still allow the 10% Passholder discount).

Passport

Does anyone know if you can negotiate the percentage on this card down? I know if you call to cancel a credit card they will sometimes do that if you find a card at a lower rate. Do you lose your points if you do so? Or if you transfer your balance to a card with a lower rate do they take your points away? :shrug: Thanks

Yes you can. Just call Chase.

I-4Warrior

We had the money to pay for our wedding up front, but decided to put a lot of it on the Disney card and pay it off right away. We were able to buy our Premium passes the next year outright with the reward dollars. So, if you're someone who has responsibility with credit cards, it's a great deal.

DisneyWood

Using it correctly provides benefits

We have the Disney Visa CC, and have enjoyed the rewards. It is another way to help save for the upcoming trips, provided you DON'T carry a balance. The interest paid in balances carried would also be a nice savings tool. :eek: \

We use the card sparingly to get additional dollars, but make sure to pay off the card or at least 80%. (which can be hard).

I also enjoy the looks of the card as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom