Disney Visa Credit Card: Who has it and do you like it?

OneLuckyMom

I have the Disney Visa, but I got it only to book free dining before the rest of the world. I didn't even open a new account to get it - I didn't feel the need for any more open credit - I just converted another unused Chase account I had. I don't use the card except for booking our Disney trips, and once in a blue moon when there is a discount offered to cardholders on DisneyShopping.com. I don't think their 1% reward is the best deal, esp. when you consider the limited number of places and ways to spend it. Since I pay off my cards every month, the 0% financing on trips isn't any advantage to me either.

I have another Chase card - United Mileage Plus - that I use for most things. I find the frequent flyer miles the best deal for me but that's a personal thing based on how often I fly, where I fly, the availability of FF seats on those routes, etc. Our trips to WDW the last 2 years, as well as a couple of other trips, have been on FF miles from this card. I tyically save $800-1200 per trip that way.

I also have another card I use just for gas, where I get 5% back.

We got it just this year and think it's okay. we'll definitely be keeping it as we plan to make bi-annual trips going forward

Better benefits with my Amex... but not everyone takes Amex... so if I must use an alternate I use the Disney.
I should get enough to pay for my girls to pay for my girls to go to the new castle bippity boppity boutique (about $100) in Dec... so that helps!! LOL

Do wish there were some more special offers at the disney store, etc...

so what card does everyone have?? I have the red with mickey ears and pixie dust... as others have said.. a definite conversation piece when you take it out.

Ashitaka

I have the Disney Visa, but I got it only to book free dining before the rest of the world.
I recently got the Disney Visa card and am just wondering: How do they inform you of these deals? Is it an offer through the mail? Or do they email you the code?

I'm planning a trip for early December and am waiting to see if an offer for that time-period comes out mid-August. To get a few days advance notice through my Disney Visa card would be great.

Passport

I recently got the Disney Visa card and am just wondering: How do they inform you of these deals? Is it an offer through the mail? Or do they email you the code?

I'm planning a trip for early December and am waiting to see if an offer for that time-period comes out mid-August. To get a few days advance notice through my Disney Visa card would be great.

When I had the card I received information with the bill every month. I also recommend checking the credit card website. And if you are an annual passholder, specials for visa cardmembers are included in the Mickey Moniter.

*wdwobsessed18*

:sohappy: :sohappy: I have one and my father has 2 we love them i use them to pay for everything like gas grocerys everyday things then i pay it off every month that way i dont have to pay hardly any interest theres no anuual fee its like free disney money i just collected 310 dollers for my trip in september i cant wait:sohappy:

Ashitaka

When I had the card I received information with the bill every month. I also recommend checking the credit card website. And if you are an annual passholder, specials for visa cardmembers are included in the Mickey Moniter.
Thanks! My first statement came a couple of days ago but over the weekend I didn't get a chance to look at it. Guess I better open it up tonight. And I'll start keeping an eye on the website.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I have the Little Mermaid card(Day1) and the Red Pixie Dust card which I got last year. The Little Mermaid is my main card for any- and everything possible. The RED card is mainly for my daughter's expenses (gas, food, school stuff) and my BF when he buys Home Depot stuff for my house.

I used to use Discover for the gas since it was 5% but mine has recently changed so it caps the 5% to the first $100 spent per period. Not sure if the difference ($4) is worth the effort of monitoring another credit card so I may just choose to use the Mermaid card for gas going forward.

Is it worth it? For me...YES!!!! I paid for our Wilderness Lodge stay last year on points and have already accumulated about 250 towards my next trip.

ann0d1

Have one love it, the first time I went to Disneyland, it bought our tickets, now 2 1/2 years later I have enough to buy all our meals!
We charge everything on it, then pay it off at the end of the month!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I just checked my Amex rewards balance.

I have enough points for 2 free SJU-LAX nonstops in coach, or 1 free restricted SJU-Europe business class ticket. :D

I couldn't get that with my Disney Visa

LoriMistress

I like it. Though, I wish they had better offers or benefits for having the card. I've been slowly earning Disney Dollars. It will at least pay for our dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse.

Jungle Skipper

I completely agree with you. (Somewhat in the same business.)

As someone else with a past in the same business...I concur. You two are right, it can't hurt you. That is some wild myth I've heard 100s of times.

As for credit cards in general, I've always been one to say only charge it if you can pasy it off every month. Never keep a balance if at all possible. I've only kept a balance on mine because of emergencies...and thank goodness I had it for that situation.

As for the disney visa..I have one, its good. I like the rewards and gets lots of attention. I do NOT like chase however...their service is less than spectacular. Have had a few odd charges and fees pop up that weren't mine...called and spent a week at a time trying to have them and the subsequent fees removed....awful.

As of right now I put all my bills, gas, food, everything I can on it and pay it back immediately. Earn those points for the honeymoon!

Cheers,
Josh

MAGICFLOP

What is truly cool is !!!!!

In innoventions at EPCOT they have a Disney Visa line (near Segway display) that you show your card and you get a private photo shoot with Mickey and others as well as a free print.:sohappy:

As far as the card goes it is marginal at best...

EPCOT.nut

I also love the Disney VISA card. I am saving up the points towards APs for next year. It is really the only way I can financially justify the passes because we are kind of hard-pressed right now. pooh! :(
I also like the mailings that I get as a cardholder, and agree lotsa people see my card and want to talk Disney. :cool:

BSikor

I personally don't care for it. I live locally and since I don't usually go through Disney to book my trips (I just hope in my car and go to the park for the day) I don't get many points. When I got the card I was under the impression that whenever I used the card at Disney I got double points but that's only when booking through Disney. Oh well.

IWorkWTeeth

It's OK, you get a free 5x7!

Don't leave a balance because the interest rate is crazy! Nice to have some xtra $$$ to use in Disney from the rewards though. If you show your card in Innoventions for the Meet & Greet, you get a free 5x7. 10% off in the World of Disney also. Some perks, wish there were more! :wave:

BRER STITCH

I'm not reading this whole thread, but I'll answer the original question...

I have it and I love it!

Come December, I should have about $400-500 OF FREE MONEY on there to spend at WDW, just for using it to pay for stuff I would normally have paid cash for!

Sounds like a good deal to me!

:sohappy:

Stitch69

I like mine. I have two Mickey, Donald & Goofy and a Tink one too. Last year I was about to purchase a Elisabete Gomes Ursula charger plate for $750.00 with my reward dollars. I have over $400 this year. I collect disney stuff and it helps my habit. I figure if i am going to spend money I might as well get something for it. I do have to say they don't do the double or triple points like they used too. :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom