News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A question for those who have stayed in one. Is there enough wall space in the main room for a wall Murphy bed? From photos the only options I can see are either on the wall where the TV is or adjacent to the kitchen.
Yes, there used to be one prior to the latest refurb. They were on the end, where the TV is now.

They actually did the reverse of what DVC has been doing. They started with the Murphy bed, and replaced it with the sofa bed.

1682008489917.png

surfsupdon

If they had bought "way back in the day" they would have gotten tens of thousands of dollars of value out of it and would currently be holding an asset that's still worth tens of thousands of dollars and is very easy to sell if they wanted to exit.

"Way back in the day" is the best time to have bought it... the further back, the better.
Their vacation habits have changed annd fluctuated throughout the years and when at WDW, we get heavily discounted rooms. But I understand your point.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, there used to be one prior to the latest refurb. They were on the end, where the TV is now.

They actually did the reverse of what DVC has been doing. They started with the Murphy bed, and replaced it with the sofa bed.

View attachment 711418
Wow! That is so strange. Wonder why? Just to put in a better TV?

Anyway hopefully they go back to a Murphy bed. But I still don’t like that the bedroom sleeps 4. And don’t you have to go through the bedroom to reach the bathroom (could be wrong about that)?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The two they’re gonna attempt to overload and siphon off of: wilderness lodge and pioneer hall
Feels like campers are about to get an upgraded pool and common areas.

By the way…you didn’t actuality say Poly and GF were their “largest properties”, did you?
No, I said they have the largest rooms (referring to Studios). Yes, I know that OKW has monster 1BR and 2BR.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Wow! That is so strange. Wonder why? Just to put in a better TV?
Yep.

Anyway hopefully they go back to a Murphy bed. But I still don’t like that the bedroom sleeps 4. And don’t you have to go through the bedroom to reach the bathroom (could be wrong about that)?
No, there's a hallway coming off of the kitchen and the bathroom is on your right. The bedroom is straight ahead if you keep walking past the bathroom.

nickys

Premium Member
Yep.

No, there's a hallway coming off of the kitchen and the bathroom is on your right. The bedroom is straight ahead if you keep walking past the bathroom.
That makes more sense then.

For me this maybe suits a family, where they might otherwise be in a studio other than there are too many kids. Or grandparents come along too.

But for us, with 2 adult kids it’s a no go.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
We're DVC members and love the cabins, they're the only nonDVC property we'll book more than one night. We'll for sure love these but it's bittersweet because I feel for folks for whom the already high cash rates will only increase.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, I said they have the largest rooms (referring to Studios). Yes, I know that OKW has monster 1BR and 2BR.
That means absolutely nothing in metrics

Room size means NOTHING. Nobody books on it, they don’t staff/operate on it…

Only property size and room count matters…especially when you’re amusement park feeders.

You’re not really a “student” of wdw Hotel operations, are you?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That makes more sense then.

For me this maybe suits a family, where they might otherwise be in a studio other than there are too many kids. Or grandparents come along too.

We're 5 with kids 8, 5, and 2 and it's absolutely perfect for us. My wife and I don't like sharing a Queen, but we can do one of us on a Queen with one kid, one on the pull-out, and two kids on the bunks.

The only thing we do in the kitchen is scrambled eggs and bagels every morning, and there's plenty of room for that.

But the price has to be right. I'd probably pay more than a 1BR but definitely less than a 2BR.

Vegas Disney Fan

Bob's ego at work, ladies and gentlemen! "I know! We'll bring back annual passes, and that will drum up lots of sales for DVC. Then we can get rid of those old cabins, replace them with new ones, make them DVC, and we'll make millions! I'm a genius!!!"

Josh: "Great idea, sir! We'll get right on it!"

Whoa, slow down with that offensive language… it’s “friends” now.

RememberWhen

Honestly I’m really torn on this. I hate to see the charm of Fort Wilderness be DVCed, but as a DVC member I’m psyched! I’d love to stay in the cabins (like we did when I was a kid) but never want to shell out the cash. Using points makes it much more inticing…

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
This is why it's so odd to me. It fits only couples and very specific families that will eventually outgrow the cabin with older kids and eventually adults. Kind of like original Poly DVC but without all the benefits of it still being Poly. Maybe this is the new first step toward a larger resort when Reflections is revived and rolled into this association with cabins, like a reversal of Saratoga's growth with the tree house cabins added to the SS association. That would at least give FW cabin folks bigger accommodations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom