News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

PK2

the existing cabins were also prefab units trucked in to the site...so removal and replacement should be easier...they look to be close to the same size too...but much nicer looking. Maybe they will build new amenities specifically for DVC in that location...they certainly should... Only way I would stay there is if there were nicer facilities than what currently exists a distance away...If they intend to sell the DVC points, they are going to have to make the property enticing... the lack of better transportation options is also an issue...

I don't know anything but I would assume any significant redevelopment of the Cabins will come with an expansion/change to the Wilderness Pool complex that is closest to them. They could add amenities to that and then make it exclusive to the cabins. Seems like they have a fair amount of space if they wanted to do that.

montyz81

Thanks for that, Disney, but I'll bring my own suite to Ft Wilderness. Better experience, in my opinion. If only they would put in fire pits and allow you to burn.

BTW, didn't they completely replace all the cabins like 5-6 years ago? Those cabins can't age that quickly.

nickys

Premium Member
the existing cabins were also prefab units trucked in to the site...so removal and replacement should be easier...they look to be close to the same size too...but much nicer looking. Maybe they will build new amenities specifically for DVC in that location...they certainly should... Only way I would stay there is if there were nicer facilities than what currently exists a distance away...If they intend to sell the DVC points, they are going to have to make the property enticing... the lack of better transportation options is also an issue...
The article says this is part of a plan that includes a new pool, a new restaurant etc. so presumably those will be sited near the cabins to create the new DVC resort.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks for that, Disney, but I'll bring my own suite to Ft Wilderness. Better experience, in my opinion. If only they would put in fire pits and allow you to burn.

BTW, didn't they completely replace all the cabins like 5-6 years ago? Those cabins can't age that quickly.

They did interior updates to the kitchen and living room areas and swapped a queen bed in the bedroom for the full.

LAKid53

Premium Member
How will Disney handle the RV and tent pads? Have a mixed resort like Boardwalk, AKL and WL are?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The article says this is part of a plan that includes a new pool, a new restaurant etc. so presumably those will be sited near the cabins to create the new DVC resort.
No new restaurant announced, only "expanded dining experiences" at Trail's End and Crockett's Tavern. Could be holding back until feedback is received, perhaps?

I hope this isn't the "proposed pool":

Dog Jumps Into Swimming Pool GIF by ViralHog

LAKid53

Premium Member
That's my guess.

I'm wondering how they're going to fit 6 adults into a 1-bedroom cabin on the existing cabin footprints.

The cabins currently sleep 6 - 2 adults in the queen bed in the bedroom, two kids in the bunk beds and two people in the pullout sofa bed.

Although 6 people sharing a bathroom that isn't split like the DVC one bedrooms will be fun.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The old ones already technically slept 6 (though I wouldn't want to be in the bunk bed as a grown adult if I could avoid it). Sturdy up that bunk and keep the sofa bed (or convert back to murphy) and it's good to go.

My adult daughter and her friend slept in the bunk beds. It was a tad tight.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I guess they thought bringing back annual passes would create a surge in DVC demand

…ya know with all those new attractions opening in the next few year and all

Bob's ego at work, ladies and gentlemen! "I know! We'll bring back annual passes, and that will drum up lots of sales for DVC. Then we can get rid of those old cabins, replace them with new ones, make them DVC, and we'll make millions! I'm a genius!!!"

Josh: "Great idea, sir! We'll get right on it!"

nickys

Premium Member
A question for those who have stayed in one. Is there enough wall space in the main room for a wall Murphy bed? From photos the only options I can see are either on the wall where the TV is or adjacent to the kitchen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom