News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m curious how many of those points have been sold before. Meaning, how many were ROFR’ed or came back into Disney’s possession when the buyers financed through them and couldn’t make the payments. Not sure if that is information which would be available outside of DVD’s books.
I hear some tidbits occasionally

Sales are down a lot and defaults are rising without a crash
A lot of people are willing to “take the hit”…it’s the last loan on earth that isn’t a credit foul

BrianLo

I’m curious how many of those points have been sold before. Meaning, how many were ROFR’ed or came back into Disney’s possession when the buyers financed through them and couldn’t make the payments. Not sure if that is information which would be available outside of DVD’s books.

I'd figure less than 10%. VGF, RIV and VDH accounted for 94% of sales in October, for example. So 6% for sure were second sales and I can't imagine the breakage proportion in the new active resorts somehow outstrips older resorts. Maybe another 1%, if we are generous.

They don't engage in ROFR of RIV so it would just be broken contracts. There wouldn't be any in VDH's case so early on yet. VGF would be the one slight exception, but its original pool of points is quite tiny.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
New information with some new renderings are out.

Bedroom-Night-blk-dm-2x1.jpg

"Find tranquility in your private one-bedroom cabin, complete with many comforts of home.

Set amid the beauty of the great outdoors, each cabin sleeps up to 6, and some can even accommodate dogs. All offer a restful retreat with charming touches and many conveniences.

Through the sconce-flanked front doors is a spacious living area featuring a dining nook and a fully equipped kitchen—including a refrigerator, dishwasher, convection/microwave oven and 2 countertop burners. Off the kitchen you’ll find a vanity area outside the entrance to the bathroom, which has a shower and an additional vanity inside. A convertible seating and sleeping area is located opposite the kitchen and boasts a 65-inch TV and a comfortable sofa—the perfect spot to gather your family to watch a favorite Disney movie. At bedtime, simply fold down the queen-size Inova bed from the wall, for added sleeping space. In the separate bedroom, you’ll find a queen-size bed, twin-size bunk beds, a 55-inch TV, a closet and a nightstand.

Each morning you can draw the curtains back to reveal floor-to-ceiling windows and your own personal patio deck, where you can bask in the glories of nature while firing up the charcoal grill and dining al fresco."

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Off the kitchen you’ll find a vanity area outside the entrance to the bathroom, which has a shower and an additional vanity inside. A convertible seating and sleeping area is located opposite the kitchen and boasts a 65-inch TV and a comfortable sofa—the perfect spot to gather your family to watch a favorite Disney movie. At bedtime, simply fold down the queen-size Inova bed from the wall, for added sleeping space.

So we got the layout down with the bathroom on the opposite side of the bathroom from the living room. A second vanity outside the bathtub just off the kitchen is odd. I get it, 6 people would prefer 2 vanities but most parties are not 6 people and would likely prefer just about anything over a vanity in the living area. No washer/dryer mentioned. We'll see what it end up looking like but I wonder if the second vanity was ever planned to be a w/d.

I've wanted to love this but so far I'm not liking layout decisions.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Other places people are reading too much trying to predict price from language Disney produced. In short, don't do that because the numbers Disney uses in its legalese are more average than actual.

JD80

Stayed at a great wolf lodge a few weeks ago. These rooms look close to their family suite.

Wish moderates had more rooms like this. Queen with a pull out love seat in one area and a room with a bunk bed and smaller bed for kids. Sleeps 6.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I've wanted to love this but so far I'm not liking layout decisions
I've never stayed in the current cabins, have they always had the bunk beds in the bedroom and not in a separate space? I'm just trying to imagine a group of friends staying with my husband and I in this layout.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've never stayed in the current cabins, have they always had the bunk beds in the bedroom and not in a separate space? I'm just trying to imagine a group of friends staying with my husband and I in this layout.

Yes. The bunk beds were always in the bedroom. It's meant for mom & dad and kiddies in the bedroom and grandma & grandpa on the sleeper sofa.

We had 4 of us in the old cabin...before they redid the kitchen and took out the Murphy bed. It was a full size bed in 4hd bedroom and not big enough, frankly, gir 2 adults. So my daughter's then BF took the bed and she and her friend took the two bunks. I slept on the Murphy bed in the living room. The cabins were basically a 1 bedroom single wide trailer.

Wonder if DVC will put in a larger hot water tank? Not big enough to take 3 showers in a row.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Stayed at a great wolf lodge a few weeks ago. These rooms look close to their family suite.

Wish moderates had more rooms like this. Queen with a pull out love seat in one area and a room with a bunk bed and smaller bed for kids. Sleeps 6.

These work perfect for you then 👍🏻👍🏻

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Definitely a no hanky-panky zone (edited for the dropped k)

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Yes, the bunks have always been in the bedroom. The newly designed bedroom is overall an improvement. Here is the current design:

fort-wilderness-cabins-011.jpg

Credit: WDWInfo

The current room is dark and there's literally no space on one side of the Queen bed, so it's difficult to get in/out and difficult to deal with chargers, CPAPs, etc. The new room layout fixes that and adds a lot more light.

But to your point of staying with others, the weird part is that the bathroom is on the other side of the cabin so if guests are sleeping in the living area folks in bedroom need to walk past them.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Yes, the bunks have always been in the bedroom. The newly designed bedroom is overall an improvement. Here is the current design:

View attachment 758751

The current room is dark and there's literally no space on one side of the Queen bed, so it's difficult to get in/out and difficult to deal with chargers, CPAPs, etc. The new room layout fixes that and adds a lot more light.

But to your point of staying with others, the weird part is that the bathroom is on the other side of the cabin so if guests are sleeping in the living area folks in bedroom need to walk past them.
Oh wow, that's a hole tbh. The new design looks much better and brighter.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So we got the layout down with the bathroom on the opposite side of the bathroom from the living room. A second vanity outside the bathtub just off the kitchen is odd. I get it, 6 people would prefer 2 vanities but most parties are not 6 people and would likely prefer just about anything over a vanity in the living area. No washer/dryer mentioned. We'll see what it end up looking like but I wonder if the second vanity was ever planned to be a w/d.

I've wanted to love this but so far I'm not liking layout decisions.

I agree. That's just weird. Why a 2nd vanity when there's a sink...in the kitchen?

Frankly, Disney has ruined the charm of the cabins. They were my choice of place to stay if none of the DVC resorts had either a studio or 1 bedroom available on points.

And to designate some cabins as dog friendly when the entire resort was is wrong. Never had an issue with people not cleaning up after their dogs or dogs barking or anything. It was very community-oriented to meet your fellows guests out walking the dogs.

Glad I bought my townhouse last year. Gonna miss seeing people decorating their cabins at Halloween and Christmas. These one bedroom tiny houses don't look like they will encourage the same. What a shame. And a big failure on Disney's part.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
There's an Alexa device in the bedroom rendering. Is Disney still rolling those out? I feel like I've not heard anything about it since Poly rollout. Of course the rendering could be more than a year old when there was an expectation of a broader rollout.

The same rending also doesn't seem to show living room "floor to ceiling windows" which we know we'll have, so, yeah, maybe it is an out of date rendering.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I agree. That's just weird. Why a 2nd vanity when there's a sink...in the kitchen?

Frankly, Disney has ruined the charm of the cabins. They were my choice of place to stay if none of the DVC resorts had either a studio or 1 bedroom available on points.

And to designate some cabins as dog friendly when the entire resort was is wrong. Never had an issue with people not cleaning up after their dogs or dogs barking or anything. It was very community-oriented to meet your fellows guests out walking the dogs.

Glad I bought my townhouse last year. Gonna miss seeing people decorating their cabins at Halloween and Christmas. These one bedroom tiny houses don't look like they will encourage the same. What a shame. And a big failure on Disney's part.
The cabins are not currently all dog friendly as speculation is that it's already limited to specific loops. I think the worst part with dogs is that it's $50 per night. That's a crazy amount and seems more to discourage people. I've been curious how many don't declare they have a dog, to get around cost, and are just assigned a room and drive straight there figuring no one will know until housekeeping enters.

LAKid53

Premium Member
There's an Alexa device in the bedroom rendering. Is Disney still rolling those out? I feel like I've not heard anything about it since Poly rollout. Of course the rendering could be more than a year old when there was an expectation of a broader rollout.

The same rending also doesn't seem to show living room "floor to ceiling windows" which we know we'll have, so, yeah, maybe it is an out of date rendering.

There's an Alexa device in the new Boulder Ridge rooms also.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The cabins are not currently all dog friendly as speculation is that it's already limited to specific loops. I think the worst part with dogs is that it's $50 per night. That's a crazy amount and seems more to discourage people. I've been curious how many don't declare they have a dog, to get around cost, and are just assigned a room and drive straight there figuring no one will know until housekeeping enters.

I've only stayed in 2800, 2700 and 2400 loops. And guests in those loops, in addition to us, have had dogs.

And, yes, $50 a night is exorbitant.

nickys

Premium Member

View attachment 758751

So how have they created the extra space around the queen bed in the bedroom? Is it bigger because the bathroom’s been moved? That makes the bedroom slightly more palatable, but it’s still not a master bedroom.

The lack of a washer / dryer and a full kitchen is also an issue for me. And one bathroom for 6 isn’t great.

They’re clearly after the same people who currently book the cabins. But whether those people will want to buy is another matter. And if the cash price is higher than the current cost then that might rule out many of the current cabin fans.

For those who like the current 1-bed villas, these are a definite downgrade. But for bigger families they might be quite popular. I would think they could be a popular choice for renters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom